Family members driving history affects your own rates???

Thread: Family members driving history affects your own rates???

redsol

Family members driving history affects your own rates???

Someone please shed some light...

I thought it was rediculous but the broker stood his ground. I tried to get a quote on my 01 r6 to go through State Farm (currently through Facilty) and they said basically, stay where you are. Due to my other family's previous claim history (which had nothing to do with me) I cannot get insurance through State Farm?? Just because we lived (past tense as I have since moved out) together under the same roof...

I just don't understand, this makes no sense to me. How the heck does someone elses driving record or claim history affect my own rates.

Banned

Re: Family members driving history affects your own rates???

you no longer live with them, thus are independant from them so it should not affect you.

as for an explanation.
    you *are* living with them, and are in posession of an insured vehicle. therefore the ins. co sees them as occasionally driving the vehicle, and then adjusts the rates to account for this increased rates.

SpeedFreak

BS

call her up

State Farm Insurance - Agent
    Office: Richmond Hill, ON
    Tel: 905 881-9199
    Last edited by WoBblyCaT; 10-06-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Updated Margot's contact info.

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by rukus View Post
    you no longer live with them, thus are independant from them so it should not affect you.

as for an explanation.
    you *are* living with them, and are in posession of an insured vehicle. therefore the ins. co sees them as occasionally driving the vehicle, and then adjusts the rates to account for this increased rates.
    not true..i live with 5 people in the house...with state farm it works like that when i wanted to get car insurance..and i didnt go with them. but for bike insurance it doesnt matter...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    not true..i live with 5 people in the house...with state farm it works like that when i wanted to get car insurance..and i didnt go with them. but for bike insurance it doesnt matter...
    ok. i didnt know it doesnt apply to bikes. thanks :thumbsup: