Two Brothers Carbon turn yellow ???

Thread: Two Brothers Carbon turn yellow ???

Two Brothers Carbon turn yellow ???

i have heard some chatter about the two brothers carbon mufflers turning yellow...... I am wondering if these rumors have merrit, if it has happened to you, can you email me some pics ?? i would like to see to what extent this has happened....

thanks

--Dave

Re: Two Brothers Carbon turn yellow ???

I think all carbon fiber exhausts will have this happen. exhaust heat and sunlight both seem to break them down. My leovince has a bit of yellow now after a year. I noticed it more after a hot summer of commuting - maybe the stop and go was bad for it.

not that I care, but then I think exhaust 'blueing' looks cool too so what do i know.
    _/\_/\ . ÷ z z z Z ZZ
    ,,,-_-,,,

Bring everything you need and nothing you don't.

UV degredation.... it will happen over time on many products that are made with glue.... which is really what carbon fibre is... fibre and glue.

Any carbon fiber exahust from any manufacturer can turn yellow if it's running too hot (incorrect A/F mixture). Sometimes, it goes yellow just with UV rays.

If the fiberglass packing inside burns out, the Carbon Fiber sleeve will get damaged... will turn yellow, burn, break up, explode, etc. etc.

Another thing to keep in mind >> Two Brothers exhausts as sold as racing equipment, "as is" and with absolutely no warranty (that last time I checked, maybe they changed that now, to make sure check their website)
    Security transcends technology

UV degredation.... it will happen over time on many products that are made with glue.... which is really what carbon fibre is... fibre and glue.

Very true, the carbon fibre resin will do this due to many reasons and natural elements. Even products like hoods and so on will have this happen over time.

Really high quality C/F peices will not have this happen as higher quality manufacturers will use a UV resistant resin.
    Last edited by cagedcbr; 10-24-2007 at 03:59 PM.
    Table's they turn sometimes....Payback is a you know what)...