"Call you right back... I have to talk to the wife.." - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Call you right back... I have to talk to the wife.."

Re: "Call you right back... I have to talk to the wife.."

hahahaha. look at the difference in the CDN and US price on the bottom right corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Twig View Post
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Syl

There are so many people out there who are so wrong for each other and still get married because they think things will change afterwards… wrong!

Anywho… we’re not all evil girls...

Quote Originally Posted by rizvi View Post
    hahahaha. look at the difference in the CDN and US price on the bottom right corner.
    Sorry to to end your laughter....That would be CDN and UK pricing not US. Guess your not one for attention to detail. LOL, Sorry I am anal that way.
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

the reincarnation

I want to read this entire thread, but I have to go ask the wife, I'll be right back to read it.

Quote Originally Posted by karigotu View Post
    Sorry to to end your laughter....That would be CDN and UK pricing not US. Guess your not one for attention to detail. LOL, Sorry I am anal that way.
    Gotta like it when a girl uses the word anal.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

AttilaGy

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    Anybody with a penis who gets married in this country is an idiot.

You're pretty much screwed for life afterwards, even if the relationship goes south she is always going to be there, with her lawyer and her hand out.

You work your arse off to pay the mortgage on the house she wanted, then you have to work your arse off to pay the mortgage on the house her and her new boyfriend are living in. This kicker is when your kids (who are living with her naturally, you had to drop the custody fight when the abuse charges were filed) start calling him "daddy".

If you think Bill 203 is bs, spend some time in Family Court with a Y chromosome. To quote my never-to-be-brother-in-law, "I didn't lose my house, I know exactly where it is".
    That's because the values of marriage is not promoted in this country!
    We almost celebrate more when someone get's divorced than when they get married. How wrong is that? There is not much compromise, respect, love found in marriages today. Therefore when something goes a little wrong or there is a problem, it is easier to throw the divorce word around then to fix it. We do not look up in awe of marriages that last 30,40, 50+ years...we almost think that it's not normal and that is not how it should be. I agree with you, a lot of good men get screwed here because their wife all of a sudden wants a divorce when there is enough money to make it worthwhile! Divorce is becoming no different than going to do some grocery shopping.....it's becoming the norm.

BTW, this is one of the funniest threads I've read!
    Last edited by AttilaGy; 10-24-2007 at 11:17 PM.

I completely agree with you.

I've been known to start some controversial threads.

public flogging is always fun.
    "Dude, you were haulin' biscuits down that road!"

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaGy View Post
    That's because the values of marriage is not promoted in this country!
    We almost celebrate more when someone get's divorced than when they get married. How wrong is that? There is not much compromise, respect, love found in marriages today. Therefore when something goes a little wrong or there is a problem, it is easier to throw the divorce word around then to fix it. We do not look up in awe of marriages that last 30,40, 50+ years...we almost think that it's not normal and that is not how it should be. I agree with you, a lot of good men get screwed here because their wife all of a sudden wants a divorce when there is enough money to make it worthwhile! Divorce is becoming no different than going to do some grocery shopping.....it's becoming the norm.

BTW, this is one of the funniest threads I've read!
    BTW, there are some divorced people here that do value marriage, but only value marriage when it is a respectable partnership.

And, there are a women here that are pretty much in the same situation as men, make a good living (often better than most men), want good things, value independence, motorcycles etc and have had to put up with childish, lazy, controlling jackasses in their day.

People do marry for the wrong reasons (strictly love) rather than looking at the whole picture... is this person good for me in the long run? and forget that marriage is a legal contract that has legal implications.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of having someone live with me because even that too has legal implications after a year. Screw that. I'm not working my butt off to see someone else take my stuff after a year.

^^^^^ Sorry for the rant. I just had to get that out.

I must be blind. Its close to $10. not bad.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelchic View Post
    BTW, there are some divorced people here that do value marriage, but only value marriage when it is a respectable partnership.

And, there are a women here that are pretty much in the same situation as men, make a good living (often better than most men), want good things, value independence, motorcycles etc and have had to put up with childish, lazy, controlling jackasses in their day.

People do marry for the wrong reasons (strictly love) rather than looking at the whole picture... is this person good for me in the long run? and forget that marriage is a legal contract that has legal implications.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of having someone live with me because even that too has legal implications after a year. Screw that. I'm not working my butt off to see someone else take my stuff after a year.

D

pretty SAD when a MALE (MEN don't do that) has to BLAME it on his wife because they are too COWARDLY to simply say it's a good deal but I will pass or I don't want it etc...

p.s.-I can completely understand when it's an on the spot thing and you have to review the cash flow to ensure your mortgage does not bounce.

The women are more "masculine" than (NOT THEN) the so called males today.

p.s.s. To the women, please do not confuse my comments as sexist, that is not my intent...if it were I would say so

Speadfreak, can you get the woman you got chained to the stove to bake some brownies dude

AttilaGy

Quote Originally Posted by twowheelchic View Post

I agree with you, plenty of women out there whom make a good living and are independent and do not need to rely on anyone to lead a comfortable life. I don't doubt that for a second! I think what we have lost (especially in the younger generations) is that willingness to make it together, to build a life, to have a family through the times. Marriage, like most other things today, seem to be about instant gratification, and when it's not exactly what you pictured after a few years of being in it...people want out. The values that hold our parents and grandparents together (respect, understanding, compromise, long-term commitment) don't seem to hold so strong today. People don't seem to get married these days and understand the commitment that it is for life. Yes, people do change, however, if you don't know someone well enough, don't marry them! I fail to believe that if you truly know someone (this takes time), that they will completely change once they are married to you. Unless there is serious grounds for divorce (cheating, abuse, etc.), work it out! All I mean to say is that our willingness to work out problems and our commitment and patience have gotten to be a lot less than generations before.
    I certainly don't single out any one of the sexes to blame for this. It seems to be a collective effort. I just don't believe that divorce should be an option (from either side) just because there are issues to work out between partners. It just seems like people are getting divorced these days for things that previous generations have worked through, it migh have not been easy, but they did it, perhaps because they held the value of marriage a little higher than our society today!

>> End of rant!

Quote Originally Posted by AttilaGy View Post
    I agree with you, plenty of women out there whom make a good living and are independent and do not need to rely on anyone to lead a comfortable life. I don't doubt that for a second! I think what we have lost (especially in the younger generations) is that willingness to make it together, to build a life, to have a family through the times. Marriage, like most other things today, seem to be about instant gratification, and when it's not exactly what you pictured after a few years of being in it...people want out. The values that hold our parents and grandparents together (respect, understanding, compromise, long-term commitment) don't seem to hold so strong today. People don't seem to get married these days and understand the commitment that it is for life. Yes, people do change, however, if you don't know someone well enough, don't marry them! I fail to believe that if you truly know someone (this takes time), that they will completely change once they are married to you. Unless there is serious grounds for divorce (cheating, abuse, etc.), work it out! All I mean to say is that our willingness to work out problems and our commitment and patience have gotten to be a lot less than generations before.
    I certainly don't single out any one of the sexes to blame for this. It seems to be a collective effort. I just don't believe that divorce should be an option (from either side) just because there are issues to work out between partners. It just seems like people are getting divorced these days for things that previous generations have worked through, it migh have not been easy, but they did it, perhaps because they held the value of marriage a little higher than our society today!

>> End of rant!
    Your sentiments in general are very sweet. I agree that ideally, you should take the time to really understand, trust, and feel loved by a partner before considering marriage. But here's another perspective... Perhaps more divorces are happening because women aren't stuck in crappy marriages doing more than their share, turning a blind eye to cheating, taking emotional, verbal, and sometimes physical abuse, because they have better options to go an live independently when the crap hits the fan?

If it were 50 years ago, I'm sure I'd still be stuck in a miserable marriage because I wouldn't have a shelter to go to, a family that understood, and friends that supported me.

Yes, many women are to blame for problems and failed marriages too, but it seems that the only thing that has truly changed, is that women are acting more like men always have and putting up with less crap.

<end of rant>

Perhaps more divorces are happening because women aren't stuck in crappy marriages doing more than their share, turning a blind eye to cheating, taking emotional, verbal, and sometimes physical abuse, because they have better options to go an live independently when the crap hits the fan?
    Only a woman can run off with the vast majority of shared assets, get a cheque in the mail every month, and still claim to be independent.

Sure there are a few ******** out there, but more men get raped in family court than women that get beaten in the kitchen. The only people that should be complaining about marriage aren't the ones that wear a veil at the nuptials.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

D

this reminds me of a joke:

How many divorced guys does it take to screw in a light bulb?

NONE...because guys don't get the house

Only a woman can run off with the vast majority of shared assets, get a cheque in the mail every month, and still claim to be independent.

Sure there are a few ******** out there, but more men get raped in family court than women that get beaten in the kitchen. The only people that should be complaining about marriage aren't the ones that wear a veil at the nuptials.
    That's BS... start talking to women that actually make a good living. The ones that didn't have to stay home, push watermelons out of their ...., and clean up after their slobs, the ones that decided to get an education, good career, well we're the ones that get raped by the court (AND sometimes at home).

BTW, I love the good men that I know. They deserve all the accolades in the world and some of them have gone through hell and do their very best to love and manage their family, but moreover I know women who have been stuck raising a family when their ex is off screwing another woman and no help financially when they decide that they just want to dust of their hands and move on or spend 90% of their free time shining their toy. Then these same men complain about having to actually pay for their responsibility and when they get their kids for the weekend and those same kids are lucky if they hit the McDonalds even when they finally spend time with them.

I agree, don't get married if you're not serious about the life ahead. It's more than just a pretty girl under a veil, it's a life you're carving ahead for others and if you want something that gives you unconditional love when you decide to be an assphat, get a dog.

I sense some hostility/bitterness in your voice Chris, Is there something you would like to talk about...now now come have a seat on my leather couch I will grab my clipboard LMAO.

In all honesty, I have never been married (by choice) and I think the wonderful man I am with now won't be visiting the aisle anytime soon, since his "BIG" plans and financial nest egg (assests etc.) was ruined by the EX.
    .................If you are gonna ride my *ss, at least pull my hair..
    SMILE. It's the second best thing you can do with your lips KNOW YOUR LIMIT, RIDE WITHIN IT......please no more R.I.P
    RIDE SAFE ALL,
    Smiles...Kari
    02' GSX600F, 05' Hayabusa
    SPONSOR ME......... http://www.runforthecure.com/site/TR...nal&fr_id=1094

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=900740584

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/ind...cancitieson_en

Da Bridge 06 636, 05 R6, 03 R6, FZR600, CR500R and .....

Quote Originally Posted by zooropa_chris View Post

I got my son half the time. It only cost me $5,500 in lawyer fees

I spent 7 g's and still pay over & over....every frikin day...

Women want equal rights except when it benefits them.
    Go to court as a man regarding kids....They don't care if they make you live on the street, lose your ability to drive & or job.
    BUT HOLY CRAP !!! DON'T MISS A SUPPORT PAYMENT !!!!
    I pay support,then I pay when she "can't afford things",Then I have to pay to provide for him when he's with me....so I pay 3 x's......
    Why do I have to pay her to look after him???
    & why doesn't she pay me to look after him my half the week?????
    I ain't rich...????
    Dang ! that felt good !
    See ...I can rant too....
    Last edited by FearNoSpeed; 10-26-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Thinkin about it takes all the fun out of it !

I sense some hostility/bitterness in your voice Chris, Is there something you would like to talk about...now now come have a seat on my leather couch I will grab my clipboard LMAO.
    OMFGNO! The only bitterness is from all my married friends that come over to my place and drink all my beer. Atleast the ones that are still married.

<sigh>I lead such an empty life.......no spouse, no kids, no family......to console myself I can't decide if I should take off fishing for the weekend, take the bike out for a boot, or try to get one last sail on the boat, or even just lay on the couch and watch bad movies with the volume too loud.........<sigh>

And I have a better lightbulb one:

Q : How many women with PMS does it take to change a light bulb?

Woman's Answer: One! ONLY ONE!!!! And do you know WHY? Because no one else in this house knows HOW to change a light bulb! They don't even know that the bulb is BURNED OUT!! They would sit in the dark for THREE DAYS before they figured it out. And, once they figured it out, they wouldn't be able to find the # &%! * light bulbs despite the fact that they've been in the SAME CABINET for the past 17 YEARS! But if they did, by some miracle of God, actually find them, 2 DAYS LATER, the chair they dragged to stand on to change the STUPID light bulb would STILL BE IN THE SAME SPOT!!!!! AND UNDERNEATH IT WOULD BE THE WRAPPER THE FREAKING LIGHT BULBS CAME IN!!! BECAUSE NO ONE EVER CARRIES OUT THE GARBAGE!!!! IT'S A WONDER WE HAVEN'T ALL SUFFOCATED FROM THE PILES OF GARBAGE THAT ARE A FOOT DEEP THROUGHOUT THE ENTIRE HOUSE!! IT WOULD TAKE AN ARMY TO CLEAN THIS PLACE! AND DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON WHO CHANGES THE TOILET PAPER ROLL !!

I'm sorry. What was the question?
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400