GTAM Newbies Guide to Running

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GTAM Newbies Guide to Running

GTAM Newbies Guide to Running

1) Know why you are running and know the consequences if caught.
    - Be aware that the penalty for running and getting caught is slightly
    more severe then our current stunting laws
    - Have you done anything even remotely possibly interpreted by the
    police as being dangerous.
    - Is your bike capable of running
    - Are you capable of running
    - Are you prepared to face the consequences of a situation going
    really,really wrong

If you can answer all the above questions then by all means run.

2) If you are going to run be prepared to run at a moments notice.

- make sure that your license plate will not be seen
    - have a strategy for what you are going to do when running
    - know the roads you will be running on
    - make sure your bike is mechanically sound

3) On a motorcycle the "chase" should be done in a few quick minutes.

- know your bikes advantages over the police cruiser
    - finish the chase and get home
    - top speed is not necessarily the best way to get away
    - you should have an insane acceleration advantage, use it
    - once you have committed to a chase then don't waffle, be decisive and
    implement your plan

4) like any skill you should practice.

Please feel free to elaborate and/or add any other relevant points....

Oh yeah, running should only be done on a closed course by a professional rider and the above is not really my opinion but just a rambling discourse on what you may or may not want to do.....
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

drgonzo

Re: GTAM Newbies Guide to Running

You forgot under consequences...
    Consider the life (lives) you may potentially take if things go horribly wrong.
    Then ask yourself why your irresponsibility and inability to be a man and face the consequences for whatever act you committed in order to be chased superceeds the rights of the average person to life.
    Face what you did and be willing to do the time. If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime. Don't be a selfish fack-wit and presume that your desire to escape should jeopardize lives.

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    Then ask yourself why your irresponsibility and inability to be a man and face the consequences for whatever act you committed in order to be chased superceeds the rights of the average person to life.
    Face what you did and be willing to do the time. If you can't do the time, then don't do the crime. Don't be a selfish fack-wit and presume that your desire to escape should jeopardize lives.
    +1 on that.

You forgot to include "Make sure you have a full tank of Gas " under be prepared to run at a moments notice.

On second thought, maybe "we" the public would be better off if the runner had an empty tank of gas.
    Last edited by dyno; 10-23-2007 at 01:56 PM.
    "Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of bad experience comes from bad judgment."

Rule #1: Watch every bike chase on "Wildest Police Chases", then don't do anything that those riders did.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

SpeedFreak

practice practice practice! i cant stress this enough! practice running every time you get a chance, so that when the real thing happens you know what you're doing!

Actually a full tank of gas is irrelevant. If you need more then a couple of minutes of gas you have failed miserably at running....

Quote Originally Posted by dyno View Post
    +1 on that.

You forgot to include "Make sure you have a full tank of Gas " under be prepared to run at a moments notice.

On second thought, maybe "we" the public would be better off if the runner had an empty tank of gas.
    Thomas Jefferson said "When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty".

TheToeCutter

Quote Originally Posted by ddusseld View Post
    ..... and the above is not really my opinion but just a rambling discourse on what you may or may not want to do.....
    Seems to be rather organized for a rambling discourse....

These kinds of threads make baby jesus sad. :'(

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by TheToeCutter View Post
    Seems to be rather organized for a rambling discourse....

These kinds of threads make baby jesus sad. :'(
    Baby jesus gave us free will, he'd support us!

Good summary. I always say that good planning is half the battle. Just like in any project, most execution errors and mistakes can be anticipated and avoided through planning.

My personal circumstances are sad: my bike (SV650) doesn’t have the required performance to run, yet it is capable to go 150 kmh with not much effort. In other words, enough power to get me in deep $h!t with the new legislation, but not enough to help me “avoid” it. Seriously, I would run if I could, but I can't. Neither the bike nor the rider can

Going with the flow of traffic at 130 kph on the 401 it’s perfectly OK, but God forbids you hit 150, because then you will receive worse treatment from the police than a real criminal... wow!
    Security transcends technology

Going with the flow of traffic at 130 kph on the 401 it’s perfectly OK, but God forbids you hit 150, because then you will receive worse treatment from the police than a real criminal... wow![/quote]

Exactly why worry about a handful of people who are driving over 150 when nearly every day you hear of another person killed by gun violence. May be I will start to ride with a loaded gun shooting people and a box of doughnuts so i can hand them out to all the .

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by 05Raven_R1 View Post
    Going with the flow of traffic at 130 kph on the 401 it’s perfectly OK, but God forbids you hit 150, because then you will receive worse treatment from the police than a real criminal... wow!
    Exactly why worry about a handful of people who are driving over 150 when nearly every day you hear of another person killed by gun violence. May be I will start to ride with a loaded gun shooting people and a box of doughnuts so i can hand them out to all the .[/quote]

Why worry about guns? Thats a problem that basically solves itself, just throw some cash at it so that you dont have to do anything...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16028.aspx

TheToeCutter

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    Baby jesus gave us free will, he'd support us!
    RUSH gave us "Free Will", baby jesus gave us the basic message of "Don't be a selfish a55hole".

make sure you have good sneakers for running. Don't want to get shin splints.

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by Bart-Man View Post
    make sure you have good sneakers for running. Don't want to get shin splints.
    lol...i fi had to run on foot id pass out 3 meters into the pursuit!

lol...i fi had to run on foot id pass out 3 meters into the pursuit!
    Don't worry with teh shape of most of our finest you would still out last them, but remember if you can throw a few jelly doughnuts and they will lose your trail.

Great write up.

The number one key to any chase is that you know where your going to go. This is why you should avoid doing anything that could get you pulled over in an area that you are unfamiliar with.
    "RIDE AMONG US"

In the event you suck at running, keep a lawyers number in your wallet. Also on your daily rides, you should be looking for easy escape routes (catwalks, bicycle paths) and trying to memorize as many as you can in different areas of the city.

Quote Originally Posted by SONIC6 View Post
    Great write up.

The number one key to any chase is that you know where your going to go. This is why you should avoid doing anything that could get you pulled over in an area that you are unfamiliar with.
    Do you remember that one time in Mississauga? Me the Jewler and you and the guy on the green bike that got caught? Im pretty sure that was you, and that was also the most police Ive seen in one place at one time...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyP636 View Post
    Do you remember that one time in Mississauga? Me the Jewler and you and the guy on the green bike that got caught? Im pretty sure that was you, and that was also the most police Ive seen in one place at one time...
    LOL!! Yeah it was me. They tried to stealth there way in there to box everyone in, but no chance, strength in numbers saved my bacon that day.
    Last edited by SONIC6; 10-23-2007 at 03:53 PM.
    "RIDE AMONG US"

Exactly why worry about a handful of people who are driving over 150 when nearly every day you hear of another person killed by gun violence. May be I will start to ride with a loaded gun shooting people and a box of doughnuts so i can hand them out to all the .

Why worry about guns? Thats a problem that basically solves itself, just throw some cash at it so that you dont have to do anything...

http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_16028.aspx
    yea... I donno if that'll work a lot. The people that are comitting the murder aren't gonna turn around and take the murder weapon of Case#123 and hand it to the cops; thus they may continue to bust caps in innocent bystanders or other people that "deserve" it.
    so all this does is take away from NEW potential, future murders.... the current murderers will continue to kill... it's unfortunate

Quote Originally Posted by drgonzo View Post
    I am neutral on this issue... choose for yourself to run or not... however, the person in most danger is most likely the rider... and less so other drivers, but I see how other drivers on the road are affected (crash into car, car loses control, skids, hits another car, slams into the median... 42 car pile up.. etc..)
    and I don't know if it's all about "being a man and facing consequences..." since it can be up to the discretion of the officer whether or not you were "stunting" or breaking any of the new law..
    I mean, it would suck to pass by a cop on your bike while he's having a bad day, and generally dislikes bikes.... so maybe you decide to run because, honestly, you don't think you've done anything wrong.