Riders Choice - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Riders Choice

Re: Riders Choice

Quote Originally Posted by cycling View Post
    To the negative comments about John.
    I have nothing bad to say about John.
    John`s sense of humour is very much like watching John Cleese on Faulty Towers,hilarious.
    You need to understand it.
    Being British i welcome Johns humour,needs a little understanding.
    You will in time,maybe, get to appreciate "Sarcasm as the sincerest form of wit"
    lol! "Fawlty" Towers, was a creation of genius. John must be quite the genius to be comparable to a legend. His efforts elicit few laughs from his customers, therefore the sincerity of his wit obviously far surpasses Mr. Cleese.
    Sarcasm is also known as the basest form of wit.
    Leave him alone Lock!
    Dyna Coils/wires, 750 ECU, Dyna Rev Limiter, Orient Express Drag 2nd Gear replacement, Rebuilt Tranny, Mikuni RS 36 Flatslides, BMC Pod Filters, GSXR 1000 '01 Titanium Header and Exhaust, Oil cooler base Mod,Busa Rear Shock, Braided SS Brake Lines &Clutch Line, Busa Clutch Master, Busa Clutch Slave, FP Clutch Detent Spring, Ape Manual CCT, GSXR K1 Fork Caps/Adjusters, Race Tech Springs,

MDC

I must have a thick skin because John has been nothing but helpful to me ... and the rest of the staff were great as well. I have bought a few things from there and had my bike serviced twice. Every visit has been extremely positive.

I think John probably juts doesn't like a lot of small talk ... it may not appeal to everyone, but personally I like the fact that I can get in and out quickly if I want to ... and John is usually willing to deal if you're a repeat customer

I also appreciate the honesty ... I asked to have my bike dynoed tuned there in the spring and they recommended 2 other shops that have more experience with my bike because "they would do it better on that bike." Most shops would have taken the money and performed a half assed job ... advise like that goes a long way with me
    Last edited by MDC; 10-24-2007 at 12:47 PM.

Ive only been there a handful of times, and spoken to john on every occasion. He's the kind of person that tells you what they really think, not what they think you want to hear. I appreciate that very much. Im not going to RC to get a pat on the back and have my hand held, im going there to get some expert advice and help. Sometimes you may not agree with the advice, but you have to agree that it is honest, and coming from someone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two. Would you prefer fake smiles, and a "whatever you wish" attitude? what if what you are requesting will actually ruin your riding experience? I would much rather be spoken to straight up, the way john does. Valuable advice, as long as you can swallow your pride long enough to accept it.

Quote Originally Posted by MDC View Post
    I must have a thick skin because John has been nothing but helpful to me ... and the rest of the staff were great as well. I have bought a few things from there and had my bike serviced twice. Every visit has been extremely positive.

I think John probably juts doesn't like a lot of small talk ... it may not appeal to everyone, but personally I like the fact that I can get in and out quickly if I want to ... and John is usually willing to deal if you're a repeat customer
    I wouldn't want to come off like I'm dissing John. He has taken good care of my bike and I once went in with a problem, which should have been obvious to me and I was embarrassed I didn't notice what it was. Instead of making me feel like an idiot, he and Ryan explained it to me and took care of it.

I'm just saying they should mark prices on stuff and improve the retail experience for everyone.

--- D

I was there for the first time last weekend when they were having the $20 dyno day. My friends Busa won for highest horse power, so they gave him a free back protector. He had one already, so I got the back protector.

John was the one who brought out the protector, so he fitted it on me. He was abrasive and forcefull, but I understood why he was being that way. He wanted to make sure I was wearing the product properly to best protect myself.

Abrasive, but not rude. I think in this situation, he wanted to make sure I was all right.. Good guy from what I can tell.

Angus..
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

That kid that sits behind the counter is as bout "as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle"

Quote Originally Posted by biggie636 View Post
    That kid that sits behind the counter is as bout "as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle"
    and that says so much about your manners! care to explain? He's been VERY helpful and has put up with my repeated phone calls with random questions...
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Everytime I ask him a question he offers a one word answer with absolutley no insight into my inquiry. Last time I was there he was too busy lookin a fighter jets online and then straight up lied to me........don't know him.....don't like him....
    Last edited by biggie636; 10-24-2007 at 03:55 PM.

TheToeCutter

Quote Originally Posted by Angus Argyle View Post
    Abrasive, but not rude. I think in this situation, he wanted to make sure I was all right.. Good guy from what I can tell.
    Sounds like Mr. Wolf:

"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car!"

[quote=TheToeCutter;481195]Sounds like Mr. Wolf:

"If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the f*cking car!"
    [/quote
    Exactly - I didn't want him to give me a kiss, just explain how to use the product I was getting. He did pat me on the *** on the way out though. Kinda weird..

Angus...
    "The Christian god can easily be pictured as virtually the same god as the many ancient gods of past civilizations. The Christian god is a three headed monster; cruel, vengeful and capricious. If one wishes to know more of this raging, three headed beast-like god, one only needs to look at the caliber of people who say they serve him. They are always of two classes: fools and hypocrites."

- Thomas Jefferson

D

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Ive only been there a handful of times, and spoken to john on every occasion. He's the kind of person that tells you what they really think, not what they think you want to hear. I appreciate that very much. Im not going to RC to get a pat on the back and have my hand held, im going there to get some expert advice and help. Sometimes you may not agree with the advice, but you have to agree that it is honest, and coming from someone who knows a thing or two about a thing or two. Would you prefer fake smiles, and a "whatever you wish" attitude? what if what you are requesting will actually ruin your riding experience? I would much rather be spoken to straight up, the way john does. Valuable advice, as long as you can swallow your pride long enough to accept it.
    Excellent comment!

I can't believe the whining that goes on here, it amazes me how people behave. Did ANY of you "complain" to John?

Now you want a shop to hold your hands.
    You ride a bike, get some thicker skin.

p.s. Yes, I do know John (10 yrs), bought a few bikes from McBrides.
    If you spent a bit of time you would realize that he is a straight forward person and does not like to waste time. He will make small talk when he is free but for the most part, the man has a business to run. Yes, John and I have had "debates", but YOU have to be smart enough to ask yourself this...who has the information that YOU require...

If you don't like it, TELL THEM so they can "fix" it.