brake pads

Thread: brake pads

brake pads

hey i installed a new set of front brakepads on my bike and it seemed to be working all well. tho now it seems as if the the presure in the line rises if i allply them for a few secs and it seem that when i realse the lever the brake does not fully realse right away any ideas thanks

Re: brake pads

Quote Originally Posted by wannaferrari View Post
    hey i installed a new set of front brakepads on my bike and it seemed to be working all well. tho now it seems as if the the presure in the line rises if i allply them for a few secs and it seem that when i realse the lever the brake does not fully realse right away any ideas thanks
    Did you fully seat the pistons after you took out the old pads, or just push them back enough to fit the new ones?

Been awhile since I did a pad change, but if I remember right, you have to take the cover off the master cylinder, push the pistons back all the way (watch for fluid squirting out of the MC!), then put the new pads in.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

i bled the brakes but it dident seem to work

If you had worn down pads and a full res, then you need to empty some fluid from the res to make room for the new pads...When fluid gets hot it expands and you need a little room in the res for that expansion or your brakes can possibly stay on a bit and drag......

Is your res complelty full?

thanks i think that just might be the problem