My NEW Favourite State is ......

Thread: My NEW Favourite State is ......

My NEW Favourite State is ......

West Virginia...... WV baby

State speed limit 70mph. six pack $4.59

I know I've talked up PA but West Viriginia this weekend has been superb.

Have you ever stopped in to a Welcome Center and asked for any information on motorcycling the state?? They look at you like you're nuts
    Drop in WV at the I79 center ..... they gave me THREE useful brochures

The governor is a big bike fan.... no Julian Fantino, no Cam, no 203 ... you can open it up here but it wont be for very long cause there isnt a straight road in the state. Even the I kinda swings back and forth through the mountains. Pavement is in very good shape ... no mid corner surprises

Speed enforcement is fairly relaxed but hey buy a WVU T shirt show it to the statie and you're good to go.... Go Mountaineers

The US Moto road site lists tons of roads to ride.... highlight them on the map and you've got your plan

Re: My NEW Favourite State is ......

darn right, I've done some riding down there (not enough), and there are tons of good roads.

Just remember, West Virginia, *not* Virginia.

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by spankayf View Post
    West Virginia...... WV baby

State speed limit 70mph. six pack $4.59

I know I've talked up PA but West Viriginia this weekend has been superb.

Have you ever stopped in to a Welcome Center and asked for any information on motorcycling the state?? They look at you like you're nuts
    Drop in WV at the I79 center ..... they gave me THREE useful brochures

The governor is a big bike fan.... no Julian Fantino, no Cam, no 203 ... you can open it up here but it wont be for very long cause there isnt a straight road in the state. Even the I kinda swings back and forth through the mountains. Pavement is in very good shape ... no mid corner surprises

Speed enforcement is fairly relaxed but hey buy a WVU T shirt show it to the statie and you're good to go.... Go Mountaineers

The US Moto road site lists tons of roads to ride.... highlight them on the map and you've got your plan

WV is nice but its all about the west coast! Colorado, arizona, california, utah and nevada...now those are some places with some of the most interesting roads ive ever seen...

Quote Originally Posted by Brian P View Post
    darn right, I've done some riding down there (not enough), and there are tons of good roads.

Just remember, West Virginia, *not* Virginia.

True that... its the Ont of the US

We drove north up 219 in WV this past Monday. What a stunning road, huge elevation changes, turns, turns, and more turns! Some slow town sections, but, overall, 9.5/10!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    WV is nice but its all about the west coast! Colorado, arizona, california, utah and nevada...now those are some places with some of the most interesting roads ive ever seen...

It's on my to do list but its not an easy days ride from Toronto