gixxer600k4 cluster just died...help

Thread: gixxer600k4 cluster just died...help

gixxer600k4 cluster just died...help

i just started my bike to go for a ride, brought out of the garage and left in neutral at the end of the driveway to warm up, when i went to get on it the cluster was dead, speedo, tach, nothing, no power there, signals/plate light/brake light won't work but daylight running light is on.starts fine, but i didn't feel safe taking out...(the bike has a speedo healer but i don't think that should do anything since it only sits mid line between the speed sensor and speedo and the cluster works fine even with the speed sensor disconnected. any ideas? i checked the connector from the speedo under the front cowling beside the left shock, it's connected and covered, it's a nice day and i'm stuck inside HELP
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Re: gixxer600k4 cluster just died...help

Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    i just started my bike to go for a ride, brought out of the garage and left in neutral at the end of the driveway to warm up, when i went to get on it the cluster was dead, speedo, tach, nothing, no power there, signals/plate light/brake light won't work but daylight running light is on.starts fine, but i didn't feel safe taking out...(the bike has a speedo healer but i don't think that should do anything since it only sits mid line between the speed sensor and speedo and the cluster works fine even with the speed sensor disconnected. any ideas? i checked the connector from the speedo under the front cowling beside the left shock, it's connected and covered, it's a nice day and i'm stuck inside HELP
    Fiksed. LOL!
    Andrew
    '05 CB919 and '04 CB599 shared with the missus (Jenerator)

Quote Originally Posted by XLOR8T View Post
    this happened to me on the 407, cluster died and bike shut down. i figured out the problem though. apparently it was a faulty ground from my led undertail. It sounds like a burnt wire, or a faulty connection that may have been damaged from riding... Hope you fix it me, ps i ride an 05 gix too, it that helps
    Silly civic. Wings are for airplanes.

YAY it's fixed, a little help from andrew (formerly known as slim) LOL and the good ol' suzuki shop manual the entire cluster and signals, brake lights and so on run on one freakin fuse! and somehow the fuse box had a 7.5amp fuse (i didn't know they exist!) the box called for a 10amp and there was a spare right in the box replaced and did some riding

thanks K1LO for the post i'd have S*** my pants if it died like that on the hwy!
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.