first season of riding done for me!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: first season of riding done for me!

DeeCBR

first season of riding done for me!

clocked in 8240km on my cbr 600rr on my first season of riding.
    gained alot of experience.
    dropped the bike once at redlight so no damage.
    didnt get any tickets.
    max speed 155km/h new laws means i wont fck around.

thinking about selling the bike now and getting gsxr 750 k8 or cbr 1000rr 08.

Re: first season of riding done for me!

1st year for me 2 !
    only around 3,000kms .
    no tickets & top speed above you ; classified !
    only 1 drop at top of rattle-snake hill on the soft-shoulder looking back for those following ; no damage .
    cya all nxt yr !

30th year riding,
    Thinking about downsizing to a 900cc cruiser
    No crashes, no tickets
    Still learn on every ride
    Hoping for 30+ more seasons
    Cheers
    Aminal
    In the breeze

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by Aminal View Post
    30th year riding,
    Thinking about downsizing to a 900cc cruiser
    No crashes, no tickets
    Still learn on every ride
    Hoping for 30+ more seasons
    Cheers
    Aminal
    i would love to swap insurance rates with u

blackrain

Yeah first season for me too. I put about 9000km on my bike this season. I got pulled over twice but no tickets. I only dropped mine once, just fell over on some gravel. My g/f actually stepped on when i wasn't expecting her to and it fell over. now she knows to wait...lol

This was my first full season. First got my bike in Sept. last year. '06 GSX-R750. She's got around 13-14000 km on her now. Came with around 3500 on her though, since I bought it as a demo model. So I've put roughly 10,000 on her. No tickets, and no accidents! Lot's of close calls though. Selling her next season though. I started doing trackdays this May (bought an '03 750 trackbike) and I'm hooked. Selling the streetbike to support my addiction Maybe I'll get a scooter for the street.lol

Second season, 22,000km so far with no tickets no pull-overs and no drops. I've learned more than I could possibly have imagined and still adding to it. But I really don't consider this season over, not even close. Would be nice to break lasts years close of Christmas. Not going to park the bike until after the first snow.

8th season for me... 1 or 2 tickets during that time... nothing serious!
    If I start seeing the weather at a high of +2 for the day, actually a high of +4 for the day.. then its time to put her to sleep.
    average km's a year is 6000 or 7000km and this season isn't over yet....
    ride safe everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCBR View Post
    clocked in 8240km on my cbr 600rr on my first season of riding.
    gained alot of experience.
    dropped the bike once at redlight so no damage.
    didnt get any tickets.
    max speed 155km/h new laws means i wont fck around.

thinking about selling the bike now and getting gsxr 750 k8 or cbr 1000rr 08.
    if you are worried about those new laws, the litrebikes will get you into trouble faster!

first season, still riding, approx 10k so far, this has me somewhat worried. I see used bike ads all the time and most bikes only have ~20k on them, when the bike has 30k or more, people start saying stuff like "woah, that's a lot of km's for a bike"

is it really? cuz if that's true, i'd probably "put too much" km on the bike in just 2 season, then I'll have trouble selling my bike?

do i ride......too much? i didn't think that was possible (not that i'm going to stop riding even if you guys say i ride too much haha)

RocketBoy

2nd season coming to an end with very little riding due to dangerous driving tickets for stunting on public roads last year. Max speed : 220kmph (damn oversized sprockets)
    11 chases this season so far. 0 times caught so far.
    Thinking of getting a second bike that can go well over 300kmph so cops cant ever catch me.
    Maybe a Turbo Busa or Turbo gsxr1000. I think the 1000 will be easier to wheelie on the highway while going like 280 so I might just end up getting that.
    Last edited by RocketBoy; 10-21-2007 at 01:36 AM.

Ninjaboy22

Quote Originally Posted by RocketBoy View Post
    2nd season coming to an end with very little riding due to dangerous driving tickets for stunting on public roads last year. Max speed : 220kmph (damn oversized sprockets)
    11 chases this season so far. 0 times caught so far.
    Thinking of getting a second bike that can go well over 300kmph so cops cant ever catch me.
    Maybe a Turbo Busa or Turbo gsxr1000. I think the 1000 will be easier to wheelie on the highway while going like 280 so I might just end up getting that.
    i dunno if thats sarcasm if it is then lol...if not shame on you mister

1st season for me. (Put my GS500F on the road July 29th)
    About 6700Km so far....and counting (Hoping for 10,000 by the end of the season)
    I semi major fall (that knocked me off the saddle for 3 weeks) 3 other minor incedents
    No Speeding tickets.
    Last edited by Bambaataa; 10-21-2007 at 09:43 AM.

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

55000 km over 5 years on this bike
    no drops or pull overs this year
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

This is my 35th season, no tickets, one major accident in 2005 and I got the "I did not see you " excuse. Still riding, so come one guys, don't store your bike yet. Well, got go, heading out for the day!

For those of you that stored your bikes already.... doesn't today's beautiful weather make you wanna slap yourselves?.. hahaa.. damn it's so nicceee outttt!!

22nd year here. Switched over to a Cruiser last year in hopes of slowing down. Maybe I shouldn't have gone for 1600cc.....

I rode right through to Christmas last year. Don't store your bikes until you see the salt trucks.

Rode out to Port Perry this morning and back. Lots of bikes out there.

Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    first season, still riding, approx 10k so far, this has me somewhat worried. I see used bike ads all the time and most bikes only have ~20k on them, when the bike has 30k or more, people start saying stuff like "woah, that's a lot of km's for a bike"

is it really? cuz if that's true, i'd probably "put too much" km on the bike in just 2 season, then I'll have trouble selling my bike?

do i ride......too much? i didn't think that was possible (not that i'm going to stop riding even if you guys say i ride too much haha)
    You bought the bike to ride not to resell so ride the damn thing till it blows!

25th season for me.
    No tickets this year. But I'm still riding for at least another month.
    I'm knocking on wood as I type this.

One major crash 5 years ago. Not seriously hurt.

Bunch of tickets in the past. All for speeding. One for illegal U-turn.
    Nothing on my record right now.

Still riding and loving it.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Awesome ride today, the weather is perfect. I saw more bike in the past 2 and a half hours (just got back from a ride) than I think I have all season. After all the crappy weather we've had for the past two weeks I was thinking of winterizing the bike, I even got that winterization package from rider's choice. Today made up for all the ****** weather from the past couple of weeks, gonna go for a boot around town after dinner too.