a novice in wheelies

Thread: a novice in wheelies

a novice in wheelies

This is my first season riding and I'd like to start trying to do a wheelie. I have an cbr 600 f4 ('99). Are there any modifications i need to make to the bike in order to do a wheelie w/o damaging it? How would you guys recommend doing it? 50-60kms/hr in 2nd gear, redline, then release? (i know that's putting it crudly). If i sound ignorant..it's just because i have no idea where to start, so make the lol's short and brief . thnx for ne advice you can give.

Re: a novice in wheelies

go to youtube, there are good videos telling you how to start. doing what you said is not a good start.

- Kons
    99 Busa, 159rwhp/97rwtq, 10.1@142mph ( old time, with 153hp )

blackrain

Yeah I've checked out those vids too and they are pretty good. They explain how to start out small and work your way up. I've been thinking about trying them out too so i've been watching them also. enjoy!

easiest way to begin is doin power wheelies...(well i found at least) take ur bike in 1st gear around 6000 rpm cut the throttle so the bike dives a bit then when it gets down around 4000 rpm roll on the throttle and the bike should lift right up...work ur way up and once u have that down then start clutching it up in 2nd gear...thats how i learned anyway...hope it helps

when I first started clutching, I started with 1st gear on my F4 its easy and the slower you go the less it'll hurt if you fall.. I would suggest a cage if your planning on doing any serious stunting

If you have know idea where do start, you shouldn't be tempting a wheel yet. Put some more miles behind you first.