Cop in a Toyota

Thread: Cop in a Toyota

Unhappy Cop in a Toyota

I was on the 401 this afternoon going west bound just past Islington when I noticed a Cop in a Toyota Camey on his cell phone. I figured he was just off his shift and on his way home. But it was strange that he was still in uniform. I was passing him on his left side but decided to slow down and not pass. Good thing I didn't because he was pasing me, but I got behide him and he decided to pase another car. I guess they are really going to work hard and go deep undercover to get those 50 over people. Just giving a heads up, we can get caught at any time in any car.

Re: Cop in a Toyota

Where on the 401?
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Fear-Me

Sure it was a cop? I work security and our uniform is very similar atm to what police wear and know a lot of security guards wear there gear to and from sites.

I've seen many off duty cops in uniform.... usually they don't bother you.

Quote Originally Posted by VinSter View Post
    I was on the 401 this afternoon going west bound just past Islington when I noticed a Cop in a Toyota Camey on his cell phone. I figured he was just off his shift and on his way home. But it was strange that he was still in uniform. I was passing him on his left side but decided to slow down and not pass. Good thing I didn't because he was pasing me, but I got behide him and he decided to pase another car. I guess they are really going to work hard and go deep undercover to get those 50 over people. Just giving a heads up, we can get caught at any time in any car.
    Paranoid .. you sure it was a cop ?
    And if it was .. he was probably going to or from work.

You dont know how many people think im a cop when im in uniform travelling to or from work ..

i saw a couple cops on the 401E today at 9pm. I saw a couple ppl get busted too. I was going 140 and there was a Mazda doing prob 150+. I am sure he get busted. I can care less about that, as long as I keep to the limits. The wind was so strong tonite, I had to concentrate to not get blown over.
    Resident Loudmouth

149 baby.
    I cruise at 149 now.
    I used to cruise at 130 but I've kicked it up a notch.

It's like the cops don't care if you're speeding under 150 now.

So let's all cruise at 149.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Its funny how a TTC or Security Unifrom can look like a cop Uni from a couple of feet away.
    Since the both are nearly the same color and have stars on the shoulder.

Toronto Police Service uses a couple of green Ford Aerostar vans. Old, rusty, beat-up looking minivans.

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    149 baby.
    I cruise at 149 now.
    I used to cruise at 130 but I've kicked it up a notch.

It's like the cops don't care if you're speeding under 150 now.

So let's all cruise at 149.
    Or 164kph indicated... it's easily 10% off at that speed.

Barna

They even have a cruiser-marked beetle here in the 22nd.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Toronto 2007 GSXR 600 (Street) 2004 GSXR 600 (Track)

Quote Originally Posted by 99CBRF4 View Post
    Toronto Police Service uses a couple of green Ford Aerostar vans. Old, rusty, beat-up looking minivans.
    There is also a cop that drives a dark blue Pontiac mini van that sets up laser at the top of the hill on the off ramp to Lake Shore blvd from the Gardiner. I see him at least 3 times a week in this area.

I'm really sure it was a cop because he had the "Police" emblem on his sleeve and I did a double take to make sure. Also when I got behind him that day a car was speeding past us in the left lane and he(the cop) went on pursuit behind that car.
    Also I ask a cop friend of mine and he told me that they don't normally where thier uniforms to and from work, they acually don't recomend their officers to do that.

I like the way you're thinking Barna.

Quote Originally Posted by rrbarna View Post
    Or 164kph indicated... it's easily 10% off at that speed.

Barna
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Unmarked cars aren't always obvious. I nearly got tagged a couple of years ago by a cop in a baby blue Taurus. I was westbound on the 401 heading to the DVP and he came up beside me and I could see him looking at me and talking on the radio, ****** off because he guessed wrong, thinking I was staying on the 401 when I exited to the DVP. Traffic was backed up on the DVP (big shock!) so I had to slow down and he couldn't get a marked car there to tag me.

Not sure why he didn't grab me himself, but I'm not complaining...