Holy Crap I saw a horrible accident today :(

Thread: Holy Crap I saw a horrible accident today :(

Unhappy Holy Crap I saw a horrible accident today :(

Im sure someone has heard about this.. there was an accident at Yonge and Doncaster (north of steeles) Right across the street from where I work 3 co-workers and I were chatting by a window facing yonge street and this person walks across the street, gets NAILED by a small little asian lady driving a huge Chevrolet Avalanche! The body went flying, then slid down the street about 30 feet.. maybe more.. the Avalanche had serious damage to the front, half the engine bay was all crumpled up! I estimate the driver to be going 50-60kph.. It shocked me, The driver didnt even get out the CAR!!!!! SHE JUST STAYED IN THE CAR!! By now of course there is a guy running across to the lifeless body.. The ambulance and police cars come in about 6 minutes (that was a long 6 minutes, trust me..) and the sirens were NOT on. At that point its a sure sign bet that the pedestrian..did not make it Thats when a cop comes to the Chevy, opens the door and a little lady comes out.. she was taken to a police car, she had to be held up to walk properly.. she must of been in HUGE shock...

It hurts to think about it..

But what I want to say is...

PLEASE.

PLEASE.

check BOTH ways before crossing the street.

Check AGAIN!!!

If you can... Walk at the lights! jay walking is so dangerous.. especially on Yonge street traffic!

It hurts to think about how it affects both these peoples familys.. all for crossing the street with out paying attention! I know this is not bike related.. but we need to be aware of our surroundings if we're going to survive.
    Lets Ride

Re: Holy Crap I saw a horrible accident today :(

That's not good

Did the person just walk out onto the street without looking or what?

Hofman101

Wow... something as easily avoidable too.

The one thing that always sticks in my craw everytime I have to travel through Toronto (which is as little as possible), is all the friggin dumbass jaywalking pedestrians who don't know their place in the roadway foodchain.

I'm sure it was horrible to watch (atleast you didn't have to hear the snap-crunch), but it's just Darwin theory at work.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

SpeedFreak

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    Im sure someone has heard about this.. there was an accident at Yonge and Doncaster (north of steeles) Right across the street from where I work 3 co-workers and I were chatting by a window facing yonge street and this person walks across the street, gets NAILED by a small little asian lady driving a huge Chevrolet Avalanche! The body went flying, then slid down the street about 30 feet.. maybe more.. the Avalanche had serious damage to the front, half the engine bay was all crumpled up! I estimate the driver to be going 50-60kph.. It shocked me, The driver didnt even get out the CAR!!!!! SHE JUST STAYED IN THE CAR!! By now of course there is a guy running across to the lifeless body.. The ambulance and police cars come in about 6 minutes (that was a long 6 minutes, trust me..) and the sirens were NOT on. At that point its a sure sign bet that the pedestrian..did not make it Thats when a cop comes to the Chevy, opens the door and a little lady comes out.. she was taken to a police car, she had to be held up to walk properly.. she must of been in HUGE shock...

It hurts to think about it..

But what I want to say is...

PLEASE.

PLEASE.

check BOTH ways before crossing the street.

Check AGAIN!!!

If you can... Walk at the lights! jay walking is so dangerous.. especially on Yonge street traffic!

It hurts to think about how it affects both these peoples familys.. all for crossing the street with out paying attention! I know this is not bike related.. but we need to be aware of our surroundings if we're going to survive.
    Do we really need a reminder to look both ways before crossing? Come on man, common sense...

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedFreak View Post
    Do we really need a reminder to look both ways before crossing? Come on man, common sense...
    Well, judging by his description, yes I guess some of us do.

that's a dangerous area, quite a few accidents in the past year...sorry u had to witness a horrific accident
    Last edited by Isis; 10-21-2007 at 11:58 PM.
    AM#98

2004 GSX-R600
    2006 300C AWD HEMI
    2008 Porsche 987s
    ----------------------
    Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    The one thing that always sticks in my craw everytime I have to travel through Toronto (which is as little as possible), is all the friggin dumbass jaywalking pedestrians who don't know their place in the roadway foodchain.

I'm sure it was horrible to watch (atleast you didn't have to hear the snap-crunch), but it's just Darwin theory at work.
    Some ppl just think that since they are "pedestrians" they can just jump off to the street and cars will be screeching to a halt just to let them by... I'm not saying that it's the case here, maybe the driver was not paying attention but I agree with the above post by Dilliga... I wave cars by when I'm crossing just cause I don't want a 2 ton heap of metal on wheels to hit me...
    1st gen ZX10R
    "It's not a race!"

I don't exercise my rights in this case. I let the bigger vehicle go first.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Are you sure the SUV wasnt street racing???

If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

Quote Originally Posted by GSPLover View Post
    Are you sure the SUV wasnt street racing???

Prob. stunting.
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post

I agree completely. Half of the pedestrians here wouldn't survive a day anywhere in Europe, let alone exotic places in the East. I see them crossing my one way street diagonally with their back against the traffic all the time. I love to sneak up behind them and wake them up with the Stebel, just to see how high they will jump . And guess what? They look at me like I'm riding on the f'in sidewalk! Go figure.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine