And the birdy says...Headshot!!!

Thread: And the birdy says...Headshot!!!

And the birdy says...Headshot!!!

So I was riding downtown this morning, down Mount Pleasant, enjoying the scenery of nice big trees, and a drop of water fall from the big trees hit the top part of the jaw protector of my full face helmet. So I thought, must have rained a bit last night. But then I thought, o no, what if it's tree sap, it's going to stick to my beautiful helmet. So I touched that part with my gloved hand and it wasn't what I dreaded...it was birdy poop...so...sigh...I died a little inside, thinking about my beautiful beautiful Suomy Spec 1R...little did I know, that wasn't the worse part...

When I got to my destination, I went straight to washroom, and of all places, the birdy decided to hit me right in between my fiberglass shell and interior, where there's a gap and the piece doesn't seem to come off without having to break something, so it's near impossible to clean, so alrite, I do my best in cleaning everything. Helmet has now been re-sexy-fied...but it wasn't over yet...

after my long tiring day, I get to my bike to find that it has been pivoted, I park it at the exact spot everyday, at 60 degrees to the sidewalk, but I see it at 90 degrees, and a car squeeeeeezed in between my bike and the car in front of it, and what's more, a few scratches on my front fairing, with identical scratches on the car's back quarter panel to match. Touching my bike AND scratching it up AND having the guts to stay parked there, this guy is asking for trouble. But I knew I was acting out of anger, so I took down his license, and decided to consult my fellow GTAM members before deciding on what to do when I hunt this car down tomorrow, perhaps the trick that I've ALWAYS wanted to try, rub ***** on the guy's cabin ventilation vents so that his interior will smell minty fresh. But who would have thought....irony strikes...

As I was riding home, I could scent the smell of piss, so I thought, must be the bad neighborhood. After 5 minutes of riding, the smell was still there, so, yes, you guessed it, I was the one to have ***** in my ventilation vents...

sigh, so all in all, scratched up bike, 800 dollar helmet smells minty fresh.....a very very good day, but in all seriousness, the most important lesson learned today:

Keep your visor in the DOWN position when riding under big trees
    Last edited by pearl; 10-18-2007 at 01:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Re: And the birdy says...Headshot!!!

what a ****** day! if i were you i would let the air out of all his tires, then continue my day.
    Last edited by WoBblyCaT; 10-18-2007 at 10:43 AM.

Use one of his side mirrors to wipe your butt.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Throw a spark plug or chunk of porcelain through his windshield, I've always wanted to know if that really worked.

You should have taken a sledge hammer to the car and busted out the windshield, bonnet , side panels, etc.

People should know better then to out a booboo on your bike.

That is really considered a hit and run. Report it to your insurance company.

I was driving down Trafalgar rd in Oakville years ago and just south of the GO train station the road becomes covered over with large old trees. I was cruising along with the stereo going and the windows and sun roof open when not only did a bird poop through the sunroof, but it hit me right on the head!!!
    While I was moving at about 50km!!!!
    I should have bought a lottery ticket that day....
    If you try to make it idiot-proof, someone will just make a better idiot....

U should report it to the cops. He blatantly scratched ur bike and remained there like if nothing happened.
    Resident Loudmouth

Agree re the cops - best to call while the evidence is standing there and cop can be witness. As a general comment, I'm surprised by some of the incidents posted on the board where the police aren't called first up. Best to start a paperwork/evidence trail even if you don't think at the time it's needed - you could uncover more serious damage later.

So let me understand this, you got your helmet ****** on and your bike damaged?

'07 600RR (RIP VFR), sometimes an R6 for gurl rides ;)

Wow... If I was definatively able to ascertain that the car parked next me caused damage to my vehicle they would not be pleased when they got back!
    Practise is everything... Get out there and ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose87 View Post
    Throw a spark plug or chunk of porcelain through his windshield, I've always wanted to know if that really worked.
    yes it will work and very well at that but you can't do it to the windshield cuz It's laminated. the rest are fairgame though.
    SAVE A HORSE RIDE A KAWBOY!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caboose87 View Post
    Seen it done on a bus shelter... a gentle toss and shattered into a million pieces!
    Disclaimer: DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME KIDDIES!!

I would have reported the incident while the car was still there, and try to settle without insurance involvement since the damage was minimal (at least from your description). To seek revenge after the fact will not get your scratches fixed and will possibly get you into some trouble. Karma works wonders!

Do the right thing and contact the police. If they don't want to help, then do the guy a favour and paint the scratches on his car for him.
    Keep the front wheel in the air and the shiny side up.

Guelph
    Past bikes-77 Yam YZ100, 80 Hon CR125, 84 Yam XT600, 86 Hon CR250, 87 Yam TW200, 03 Hon CBR954, 05 Busa
    Current bikes- 08 Busa, 06 Hon CRF50

Damage is pretty small, it's not that noticable, didn't want to have to go through the hassel of cops and insurance. only reason i saw was cuz i looked very very closely. in other words, the damage done to me was worse than to the bike's. I'll just let the air out of one of his tire next time I see it, since it won't really cost him anything to fix it, just a pain in the *** to go find a portable pump, or put on his spare. I would have done the window thing if i had a spark plug on me at the time, but the urge to kill is gone now. More concerned about my helmet than anything...does anyone know the construction of Spec 1R like the back of their hand?...sigh...or is it time for a new one? only had this one for a year... It's going to be really tight for my budget, with the new bike coming soon

should've just cut his brake lines.. hehehhee..
    just kiddin, it seems like you've cooled down... take it all in stride I guess..

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Horse View Post
    So let me understand this, you got your helmet ****** on and your bike damaged?
    No No worse, He was Sheit on, AND his bike was damaged.

As for payback on damage, total vandalism just isn't right, but i always carry a valve removal tool just for such occasions.
    Agave

Quote Originally Posted by AGAVE View Post
    No No worse, He was Sheit on, AND his bike was damaged.

As for payback on damage, total vandalism just isn't right, but i always carry a valve removal tool just for such occasions.
    Agave
    no actually I think it was a good mixture of sheit and piss...and for those who were wondering, when it was fresh, it smelled like corn

Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    ...and for those who were wondering, when it was fresh, it smelled like corn
    Yet another interesting factoid that has people inching slowly away from me at parties........
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400