My tire is over 7 years old - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My tire is over 7 years old

Re: My tire is over 7 years old

It's very hard to generate enough heat for the tires to get grip with the cool weather conditions we've been having recently(the lack of sunshine makes it worse), you're always going to find the bike feeling like it's stepping/sliding out regardless whether the tire is a week old or ten years old.

Yes I know. This is my 3rd season. I've already ruled cold weather out. The tire is junk.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    So what's a good 130mm tire? I just changed from the BT 45 to the Pirelli Sport Demon, it's even worst the back tire will often step out when i put the power down. This would almost never happen with my BT 45.
    you might be misjudging your tires because of the conditions, really the truth is the weather is no longer optimal for riding.

i always heard good things about pirelli but never tried them, i had good experiance from michelin pilot powers, metzler m3 (favorite so far). generally the cost vs quality is true on tires, then another factor is milage. the more soft the tire the better the grip but faster wear. for the gs you should probly give metzler m1's a try, never tried them myself but i know they should come in your size and other people seem to like them, also at riders choice they have good deals on sets of m1's sometimes.
    A bike is like a girl friend - expensive and high maintanance but it's all worth the ride...

Sauga area, always up for a ride if i'm not busy. Drop me a pm...

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    Yes I know. This is my 3rd season. I've already ruled cold weather out. The tire is junk.
    As is every other tire out there right now.

So your saying I should just ride it until it goes bald? Sounds like a good plan bud. I'm probably just too soft. Give me a round house kick to the face please.

20, 30 years ago the guys would be laughing at me for being to cautions. Hell, half of them were probably riding around on junk yard take off's. Tires 15 years old and two sizes too small for the rim (for quicker turn in of course)! Someone question your choice for riding 'till the bia ply cords show? Nah, they encourage you to ride longer...cause "there's still some good sticky rubber under those cords man!"

Quote Originally Posted by d00dz View Post
    So your saying I should just ride it until it goes bald?
    no what i'm saying is don't assume it's the tires fault. as i said before you could have a brand new tire on your bike tomorrow and the bike will still have the tendency to step out. hockey pucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishj View Post
    no what i'm saying is don't assume it's the tires fault. as i said before you could have a brand new tire on your bike tomorrow and the bike will still have the tendency to step out. hockey pucks.
    I can tell you for a fact Rob's got a bad rear tire, I ride with him all the time normally I've got a hard time keeping up but not as of late. Rob if you're going to keep the bike just get another tire, if you crash the thing it won't be easy finding parts. Your VTR is a hot commodity right now, SELL SELL SELL!!!
    SOAR Novice #113