General Insurance Question

Thread: General Insurance Question

RHilland

General Insurance Question

Erm, so I'm trying to get my riding season for next year all planned out, and I was trying to get a quote for insurance, and my dad sends me an email and says that you can't get motorcycle insurance until you've had your Car license for 5 years...

Is this true? Please help, 'cause I'm trying to get the bike sunday and unless I can prove my dad wrong I'm royally screwed...

Re: General Insurance Question

I believe that is in regards to State Farm but your best bet would to be to speak to actual insurance brokers rather than rely on 2nd hand information from the internet
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

+1 to the SF rule. You can get motorcyle ins no problem.

Plus, this should be in the insurance fourm.

Good luck.
    Chris
    Stoney Creek
    2008 KLR650+

RHilland

Alright, sorry about this being in the wrong forum.. could a mod move it?

So if this is purely a SF restriction, which insurance company is a good one?

EDIT: Also, just so I don't get royally screwed, what should I be looking to pay? 16 (17 in April) on a '94 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 with M2 + course as well as G2 with spotless records on both.
    Last edited by RHilland; 10-17-2007 at 01:13 PM.

Banned

1.5-2k

Quote Originally Posted by RHilland View Post
    Alright, sorry about this being in the wrong forum.. could a mod move it?

So if this is purely a SF restriction, which insurance company is a good one?

EDIT: Also, just so I don't get royally screwed, what should I be looking to pay? 16 (17 in April) on a '94 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 with M2 + course as well as G2 with spotless records on both.
    Read the insurance sticky at the top of the forum and make the calls. There's no short cut to this. Rates are all over the place.