Gas Problem

Thread: Gas Problem

Gas Problem

I dont know if any1 can offer me some advice, but here goes....

I had signed up w/ Direct Energy for Gas at a rediculous price of 42.7cents. I used to pay 32.7cents all along w/ them and they had offer to renew my contract for 5 yrs at the rate of 42.7 cents. I was stupid and didnt know anything about gas so I signed it up (that wasnt soo clever of me).

Is there a way I can get back to the 32.7c that I was paying? or am I just doomed paying this price. I called them and talked but they say they can only offer me 37.2c.

My question is what is ur recommendations and what are u paying for gas now?? (if u dont mind me asking).

Cheers
    Resident Loudmouth

Re: Gas Problem

You should have checked www.energyshop.com before renewing you contract, you would have found a better deal if you wanted to sign a contract. That web site will help you out better than whatever advice we could provide.

As for me, I have been paying utility rates (Enbridge) for the last 3 or 4 years ... should have locked in in 2003, the last good time to lock in. Generally I watch the gas futures price (just Google "natural gas futures") to look for any drastic up or down trends and go to energyshop.com to watch the contract prices.

Quote Originally Posted by zeekat View Post
    You should have checked www.energyshop.com before renewing you contract, you would have found a better deal if you wanted to sign a contract. That web site will help you out better than whatever advice we could provide.

As for me, I have been paying utility rates (Enbridge) for the last 3 or 4 years ... should have locked in in 2003, the last good time to lock in. Generally I watch the gas futures price (just Google "natural gas futures") to look for any drastic up or down trends and go to energyshop.com to watch the contract prices.
    Thanks, that would have come in handy a yr ago. Its better late than never tho.

Cheers
    Resident Loudmouth

re-read the contact and see if there's anything in it about getting out of the contract.

Maybe say ur selling the house?
    I don't know ... just trying to help

Quote Originally Posted by Fingolfin View Post
    re-read the contact and see if there's anything in it about getting out of the contract.

Maybe say ur selling the house?
    I don't know ... just trying to help
    I re-read it, I have to pay 7cents for the remainder of the contract for every M^3 of gas consumed from another Co., stupid eh?

I guess I will just have to suck it up and ask for 37c they are offering me. The price to pay for my ignorance.
    Resident Loudmouth

Have u tried asking to sign a new contact and see waht they have to offer now?

Quote Originally Posted by TRIGGA View Post
    Have u tried asking to sign a new contact and see waht they have to offer now?
    yep 32.7c
    Resident Loudmouth