Crashed yesterday...sucks to be me! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crashed yesterday...sucks to be me!

Re: Crashed yesterday...sucks to be me!

Yeh the helpless feeling when u see ur bike is gonna hit something. Makes u wanna spring webs from ur hand to catch it back.

But my reaction was "Why the hell am I still sliding? Shouldnt I be stopped by now?"

Glad u make it out alright.
    Resident Loudmouth

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    ....But my reaction was "Why the hell am I still sliding? Shouldnt I be stopped by now?"....
    reminds me of my 400 crash. First half hour of rain...tank slapper on rutted 400....down I go...kept sliding....and sliding...and sliding. Had time to lift my legs up and put my feet down and see if it would help stop, nope didn't help...put legs back down...kept sliding. Felt like minutes. Finally realized I stopped when there was someone running toward me and I was not whizzing by. realized I was lying in the middle of the 400, so got the hell up and ran to the shoulder. My bike was at the median.

You didn't get charged for careless? Must be because you're a female.
    "So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life." - Office Space

hehe... went down twice b/c of the front so far - once i squeezed the front brake on cold tires and next thing i knew i was sliding on shannonville, the next i 'forgot' i hadn't done any right turns on brand-new tires yet and went too fast into the first right-hander on tremblant... ta-da off i was!!

sliders definitely help in these situations!
    where's the wind?!

Quote Originally Posted by Riceburner View Post
    ...kept sliding....and sliding...and sliding. Had time to lift my legs up and put my feet down and see if it would help stop, nope didn't help...put legs back down...kept sliding. Felt like minutes.
    Yeh I had time to do a rotation of my body to get of my right side, off my face and sit upright a bit. My next plan is to position myself so I can just get up and run. In that way it should absorb the energy and not put it into rash.
    I think u are supposed to put all parts of ur body touching the road as much as possible to stop the sliding, but I dont wanna do that.
    Resident Loudmouth

TootToot

I know that exact sound of your bike scraping on the pavement and the helpless feeling of sliding away. Still brings a tear to my eye. I crashed 2 weeks ago so can feel your pain. Glad to hear you're well. Try to get yourself checked out just to make sure. I was in full gear too but had soft tissue damage. Good luck and keep those spirits up!

T

that's sucks, glad you are ok. FULL GEAR ALL THE TIME!
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse

Quote Originally Posted by theshnizzle View Post
    Another thing that saved the bike( other than a different rider!LOL) was my metal Givi luggage racks...er I mean stunt cage,yeah, uhh, like ,stunt cage, that i had installed this summer so i could do groceries on the bike. Ummm. I mean so i could do endo's and stuff, NOT groceries....Dang, i am so un-cool.
    Omg, i'm still giggling about this. hheeee

So sorry to hear about the crash though. Great to hear that everyone at the scene was helpful.
    --The rewards of the journey far outweigh the risk of leaving the harbor--

Glad your ok L. Just touch up the broken bits in pink and you will be fine!

A good reminder for all...it's getting colder out there, and your tires aren't sticky like they were all summer. Gotta dial it back a bit...glad you're okay though! You know, it's not seeing your bike sliding down the road, it's the sound it makes that almost makes you wanna throw up. Been there...done that...will likely do it again!

Hey TS! How's it hangin? Long time!

Ian
    Power Corrupts, Ultimate power corrupts ultimately...GSXR!

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

glad you are ok hunny Givi luggage racks do make good crash bars i know that as well heal up and ride safe lori
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Don't feel bad, I've crashed three times in a week.....on the same road......on the same corner

I don't think I'm doing that road again this year.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Glad to hear you made it out ok. +1 on the Frame sliders. Takes a crash for you to appreciate what they do for you. Re-painting is a *****.
    Luc Treau de Coeli

sychobike

Big drag but the main thing is you're okay. Maybe a few riding brush up lessons are in order, if only because you don't remember if you used the front brake. They can be touchy, and if it got locked up somehow that would definitely dump the bike.