Question about 919

Thread: Question about 919

jc116

Question about 919

Does anyone know why HONDA doesn't let its 919 to evolve and compete with Z1000 or FZ1.....really sad about this.....

Banned

Re: Question about 919

but it does, it fills a gap for a 'more reserved' persona.

The 919 is a fantastic bike, plenty of all around power, more then you really need. I am selling mine only because I am looking for more of a touring bike (buying a BMW R1200GS). I have never ridden the Z1000 or FZ1, so not sure what is lacking in the 919, I just know I have been more then happy with the bike. Mine will be for sale in the spring if anyone is interested.

because it is a poor seller
    Powered by Platinum Powersports www.platinum-powersports.com

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by toastman View Post
    because it is a poor seller
    yup. why get a 919 when u can just get 1000rr.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeCBR View Post
    Insurance comes to mind!
    Look, lean, believe!

jc116

Thanks for all commands. However, the inverted cartridge fork for front suspension and high performance brake piston system (for sport bike use) seems quite standard technology at it's competitor equipment. Can't understand it's not upgrade for several years already.

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by 954RR View Post
    Insurance comes to mind!
    i dont think its that bad if ur over 25 with clean record.
    im 19 with a cbr600rr and i pay like 3k per year. which isnt bad. i got quoted for around 3900 if i rode r1.

919 will be phased out and this 2008 CBF1000 model available in canada will compete better with the FZ1.

http://www.cmgonline.com/magazine/im...rhs_access.jpg

Also check out their new BMW 1200GS fighter :

http://www.cmgonline.com/magazine/in...d=81&Itemid=80
    Last edited by Sandro; 10-16-2007 at 09:40 PM.

im 19 with a cbr600rr and i pay like 3k per year. which isnt bad. i got quoted for around 3900 if i rode r1.
    Ya not bad!!! 3000 a year for 5 months puts you at about 600 a month. Where do I sign!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    Ya not bad!!! 3000 a year for 5 months puts you at about 600 a month. Where do I sign!!!!
    5 months? He said insurance for 1 year. I generally get 8 months of riding in a year.

Ninjaboy22

Quote Originally Posted by wonderings View Post
    5 months? He said insurance for 1 year. I generally get 8 months of riding in a year.
    i think the point he was trying to make is $3000 a year is just rediculous...but we all pay it

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by cdngix View Post
    u cant put a price on fun. honestly im 19 im probably not gonna ride if i get married and have kids i dont really care about burning money while i have no responsibilities besides school and work. im going to have fun.
    also 3k isnt that much considering even with school i still make enough money and im not on osap.

And thats liability only isn't it?
    how much is the bike worth?

DeeCBR

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    And thats liability only isn't it?
    how much is the bike worth?
    nope full coverage
    i dont know about the bike its new so should be around 10k.
    im actually 2nd rider. my dad owns the bike and he has 13years under m class with no violations but he has few tickets on his driving record.

Maybe you like to sit upright, with your passenger in some comfort, instead of contorted over the gas tank with your passenger riding on your back. This is awesome if the passenger is light and has massive padding at the front portion of the rib cage, but otherwise, you're better off with a 919. 1000rr is great on the track, but 919 is way more comfortable on the street. Plus it doesn't have all the fairings that cover up the fun bits of the bike.

u cant put a price on fun. honestly im 19 im probably not gonna ride if i get married and have kids i dont really care about burning money while i have no responsibilities besides school and work. im going to have fun.
    also 3k isnt that much considering even with school i still make enough money and im not on osap.
    Wish I had your attitude. I guess I am cut from a different cloth. In my day at your age I insured my hurricane 600 with Jevco for 389.00. For me; even if i were 19; 3000 is a complete joke. I personally would not ride and don't give a **** how much fun it is. And for buddy who rides 8 months of the year. I don't no how you go freezing your *** off. I've basically calculated form May to end of Sept. Oct so far has been a write off the last couple of weeks and you have to work in the rainy days in the summer. I get about 5 months!!