bike starting problems

Thread: bike starting problems

bike starting problems

hey everyone, i seem to be having trouble starting the bike
    i noticed something wrong from a week or 2 or so. whenever i start it, it seems not to be feeding the gas in or spark plugs are not working or something, becasue it wont start, and obviously i should leave the starter pressed. but in the last few weeks, it would eventualyl start and not give me problems for the rest of the day, now the starter is making a weird noise too, PLEASE HELP!!!! I FEEL NAKED WITHOUT MY RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh and its a 2005 500 ninja.

Re: bike starting problems

Quote Originally Posted by hassangh View Post
    hey everyone, i seem to be having trouble starting the bike
    i noticed something wrong from a week or 2 or so. whenever i start it, it seems not to be feeding the gas in or spark plugs are not working or something, becasue it wont start, and obviously i should leave the starter pressed. but in the last few weeks, it would eventualyl start and not give me problems for the rest of the day, now the starter is making a weird noise too, PLEASE HELP!!!! I FEEL NAKED WITHOUT MY RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh and its a 2005 500 ninja.
    Starting issues could be anything. The EX is notourious for easy flooding. If you foul a plug on a four cylinder bike you still have three good ones. If you do that to yours you just lost 50% of the engine.
    As for the starter that could be you overheating it why cranking the crap out of it trying to start the bike.
    Try clearing the cylinders and dry the plugs see if that helps. If you need someone to have a look give me a shout I work cheap. I may even have a used starter laying about seeing as I have had at least a dozen of them over the years. lighttwins@yahoo.com