507 hazard! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 507 hazard!

Re: 507 hazard!

The tatooed criminal on a Harley stereotype is embedded to deep here and it's up to us to change it. When he heard I ride a motorcycle (no specifics given, and the person doesn't even know me) the first reaction of one of my wife's colleagues was to ask what kind of tatoos I have. Go figure.
    Not so much anymore Vlad, my friggin dentist has a few tats now and just bought a hog. My financial adviser has been riding a metric cruiser for a few years now. Getting to the point with RUB'rs to be real hard core you need a CBR125 and no tats!

I've never had a problem out solo, but when riding in a pack there's been atleast one chucklehead. People just seem to freak out seeing/hearing a pack of sportbikes. Think we should all hang signs on the bikes when we stop, "Don't Feed The Animals" or something?
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Re: 507 hazard!

Quote Originally Posted by Dilligaf0220 View Post
    I've never had a problem out solo, but when riding in a pack there's been atleast one chucklehead. People just seem to freak out seeing/hearing a pack of sportbikes. Think we should all hang signs on the bikes when we stop, "Don't Feed The Animals" or something?
    This reminded me of what one of the instructors in Centennial College told us. From memory:

In the old days locals in little country towns would run away and lock their doors whenever there was a larger group of bikers approaching thinking we are coming to rob them and rape their women. Things are different today. Modern bikes are sleek and colors are more vibrant, so they still think we are going to rob them and rape them - but much faster!

Joking aside, I agree that things are not as they used to be. I'm just not sure these wannabe rebels today are going to do anything to better our image in the general public. I think things will change significantly only after "born again biker" baby boomers start selling their choppers and cruisers for something more comfortable and less ugly .
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine