Group Import for next season - Sign up now! - Page 3

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Import for next season - Sign up now!

Re: Group Import for next season - Sign up now!

if this is true, can't we all go to a dealer here in T.O and get a better price.....

Quote Originally Posted by JUELZ View Post
    quote:

I have very good news for you. I was at the Kawasaki Canada dealer meeting
    and they introduced the new Ninja 250 for 2008. It's beautiful and it comes
    in three colours, green, black and red and the best part is the price
    reduction to $4249.00
    Drop in when you can, I have pictures and some promotional deals for early
    deposits.

Thanks from Bob
    Robert E. Caron
    Bob's Cycle Cornwall LTD.
    5614 hyw 138
    Longsault, Ontario.
    K0C 1P0
    www.bobscycle.ca
    877 938 7244 toll free
    613 938 4767 fax

http://www.cbr125r.ca/forum/showthre...?t=1322&page=4

hmmm, does this mean bye bye to half our list? I was actually hoping to get one as well.

Either way, I will still carry through with this as planned, those that were hoping to get bikes other than 250R, we can each decide what to do after we get our group rates in November

I also suggest those that are planning to get the 250R to not jump off the wagon just yet, who knows, maybe the group discount rate will get everyone a great discount
    Last edited by pearl; 10-18-2007 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pearl View Post
    hmmm, does this mean bye bye to half our list? I was actually hoping to get one as well.

Either way, I will still carry through with this as planned, those that were hoping to get bikes other than 250R, we can each decide what to do after we get our group rates in November

I also suggest those that are planning to get the 250R to not jump off the wagon just yet, who knows, maybe the group discount rate will get everyone a great discount
    hey Pearl thanks for heading this up but like Urban_Lounger said..maybe we should wait till the December show as the dealer might start dropping there prices so they can complete with the US retailer...

This is just a suggestion...Maybe we can get a group discount in Canada

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

I personally don't care where or who I buy my bike from. Where ever I can get the best deal.. SOLD!

.. sorry Canada. =p

Quote Originally Posted by JUELZ View Post
    quote:

I have very good news for you. I was at the Kawasaki Canada dealer meeting
    and they introduced the new Ninja 250 for 2008. It's beautiful and it comes
    in three colours, green, black and red and the best part is the price
    reduction to $4249.00
    Drop in when you can, I have pictures and some promotional deals for early
    deposits.

Thanks from Bob
    Robert E. Caron
    Bob's Cycle Cornwall LTD.
    5614 hyw 138
    Longsault, Ontario.
    K0C 1P0
    www.bobscycle.ca
    877 938 7244 toll free
    613 938 4767 fax

http://www.cbr125r.ca/forum/showthre...?t=1322&page=4

2008 KAWASAKI NINJAŽ 250R MSRP is 3499

sweet deals, buy it now, when you can!

Quote Originally Posted by Basic_Black View Post
    thats in the US tho, right??

3499 is the MSRP for the states
    4249 is the rumored MSRP for Canada (I say rumored only because it's not on the Kawasaki site yet, hope I don't offend anyone)

3499 is the MSRP for the states
    4249 is the rumored MSRP for Canada (I say rumored only because it's not on the Kawasaki site yet, hope I don't offend anyone)
    I hope this is true but I am not sure how valid it is, because if it is lots of people who bought their bikes last year will be ****** off. and I am not sure Kawasaki want to do that. BUt i hope everyone adjust their prices, damn yamaha is not so far. ****ers

Have you guys actually spoken to a dealership about doing this? I just talked to Rosenau Powersports and they want about $600 more for the gsxr 750.

Quote Originally Posted by Dober View Post
    Have you guys actually spoken to a dealership about doing this? I just talked to Rosenau Powersports and they want about $600 more for the gsxr 750.
    I think that price is for what a 2007 end year sale, not for 08. right now you can get 07 cheaps if you can find any.

Quote Originally Posted by apstndp View Post
    I think that price is for what a 2007 end year sale, not for 08. right now you can get 07 cheaps if you can find any.

Rosenau wants 9300 for an 07 750. I found a place in NY that wants 8800 for an 07 750. Both dealerships still have 07s in stock. My bad thats only a $500 difference. Either way I am waiting to see the 08s at the bike show before I make my choice.

I was just wondering if anyone had spoken to somebody at a dealership to see what kind of deals they will do considering how many people you have interested. The place I found in NY only sells Yamaha and Suzuki but they are only 25 mins from Fort Erie.

no I haven't spoken to any dealerships yet. I came to post this first to see how many people would be interested first, then, as I mentioned in the process and dates, I will contact all dealerships within 6 hours drive to see who's willing to do what (in terms of price, service, whether or not they can tow for us, etc.)

I really didn't think there was a hurry because a lot of people want to wait until after the show to purchase their bike, and that's not til december, which is why I planned on sending the emails around the end of november. That way, we can give the dealership a week's time to consider and when we go to the show in december, we'll already know what's the approximate price we'll get from the states.

Hope you guys agree that what I planned out was well thought out and logical.

anyhow, it'd be great if no one mention our group buy tatic to any dealership yet, I hope to ask them when they're just entering the dead season

no I haven't spoken to any dealerships yet. I came to post this first to see how many people would be interested first, then, as I mentioned in the process and dates, I will contact all dealerships within 6 hours drive to see who's willing to do what (in terms of price, service, whether or not they can tow for us, etc.)

I really didn't think there was a hurry because a lot of people want to wait until after the show to purchase their bike, and that's not til december, which is why I planned on sending the emails around the end of november. That way, we can give the dealership a week's time to consider and when we go to the show in december, we'll already know what's the approximate price we'll get from the states.

Hope you guys agree that what I planned out was well thought out and logical.

anyhow, it'd be great if no one mention our group buy tatic to any dealership yet, I hope to ask them when they're just entering the dead season

Im not questioning your plan, like I said I was just wondering if you had a dealership in mind already that you had spoken to. I thought about mentioning something to the guy at Rosenau but figured I would ask here first so I never said anything to him about it.

Thanks pearl

well, right now all the dealers here are so nice and prices are negotiable. don't forget they just want to unload their inventory for new models. But once the new model are out, good luck getting any deals, the msrp it is and other stuff on top.
    this year mid session, i ask for a discount on a bike from dealer and they guy told me to take a hike, so if you guys hoping to get a good deal then i wouldn't hold my breath from canadian dealers. But I could be wrong since things might have changed with dollar in US.

Well I am sure pearl will also look at canadian dealers.

maybe they can give as a solo seat if anything

when and where is the bike show this year???

i wanna go see my ninja250

For those you hoping the prices to go down. here is your answer from Honda and Yamaha, now let's see what kawasaki will say

honda:
    http://www.hondacanadamedia.com/mcpe/eng/

yamaha :
    Q. Can I import/export a new Yamaha?
    A. It is not recommended that you import or export a new Yamaha product. Yamaha products meet strict compliance regulations for the country in which it was originally intended. In addition, the Yamaha factory warranty is not transferable between countries.

Warranty may not be transferable between countries but if you are having problems with your new bike for the year it is covered under warranty, that warranty is still valid in the USA. The dealership you bought it off of would still do warranty work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by apstndp View Post
    For those you hoping the prices to go down. here is your answer from Honda and Yamaha, now let's see what kawasaki will say

honda:
    http://www.hondacanadamedia.com/mcpe/eng/

yamaha :
    Q. Can I import/export a new Yamaha?
    A. It is not recommended that you import or export a new Yamaha product. Yamaha products meet strict compliance regulations for the country in which it was originally intended. In addition, the Yamaha factory warranty is not transferable between countries.
    Why is everyone so worried about the 1 year warranty. How many people actually have used their warranty in the first year. I don't think a bike is like a car, trust me you won't use the warranty in the first year, they are just doing this to scare people..if anything happens..put your bike on a truck/trailer and drive an 1 or 2 and get it done there.

Why is everyone so worried about the 1 year warranty. How many people actually have used their warranty in the first year. I don't think a bike is like a car, trust me you won't use the warranty in the first year, they are just doing this to scare people..if anything happens..put your bike on a truck/trailer and drive an 1 or 2 and get it done there.
    Btw, its not just warranty. Yea not eveyone uses their warranty within the 1 yr time frame.
    But, what about recalls? U can have a recall 2 years later and Yamaha/Honda Canada will have nothing to do with it. They wouldnt even touch the bike if it was prucahsed in US and brought to Canada, casue they don't have to fix the recall. So the question is can u do the recall back in the states?? I'm still trying to find the answer for that, but i heard that the will have to be registered and insured in teh USA in order for the Dealership or Motocycle corp to fix the recall.. Again, why will they want to spend $500+ on a recall when they dont have to.

Its not just warranty that u have to look out for, its also recall which is more of a long term look at things.
    Last edited by TRIGGA; 10-19-2007 at 11:51 PM.