Group Import for next season - Sign up now! - Page 23

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Group Import for next season - Sign up now!

Banned

Re: Group Import for next season - Sign up now!

Same here..

im up for getting on before next season. Winter months?

I have a jimmy with a tow package, so we could get one of those bigger uhaul trailers and get about 4-6 bikes over a weekend.

Im looking for a Ninja 250, pref new, cuz its $4000 ish.

Why don't some guys invest in these 250's, they will still be hot next season.? make some money for the time?

Banned

well.. where do u plan to get em from? I'm totally up for one as long as it doesnt exceed $5000

mybiker

Suzuki GSX-R600
    Suzuki GSX-R750
    Suzuki GSX-R1000
    Suzuki Hayabusa
    Suzuki B-King
    Suzuki Bandit 1250 ABS
    Suzuki M109R
    Suzuki DR650

Suzuki sport bikes look so fine but a bit pricy compared to that of Kawi's imho.

GambleVII

Im pretty interested in buying a used bike..

a 250 ninja or any other bike thats fairly low cc / biggner. save money isntead of buying a honda cbr 125.

I also have an interest in a sv650 or a Suzuki GS500F

and have 1 friend interested in a bike like the kawasaki eliminater but maybee a little bit more powerfull.
    Last edited by GambleVII; 07-07-2008 at 04:04 AM.

I'm interested in getting a used 06-07 GSXR-600 or a new 08 GSXR-600. Keep me posted!

hey guys,

I've been calling US dealers around NY, buffalo and NJ. I'm looking to import a bike next season.

I've talked to them about a group discount and everyone seems willing. What more is that I'm pushing them for a bigger apparel discount. Not many of them can give a big discount on some bikes so it's better to get a higher apparel discount and buy your stuff there (it's cheaper than here).

I've gotten passed the technicality of not selling new bikes to Canadians. Dealers are more than willing to sell to us knowing we're Canadian.

Also, I have a friend who works in dept of justice he has a trailer.. he's got to help me bring my bike from US. I can ask for others too. He doesn't have a problem crossing the border

The bikes I've gotten prices for are not including Canadian tax and fees:
    Daytona 695 - $9,600 out the door
    Ducati 848 - $14,300
    CBR 600rr - $10,000

Note: These prices are not for group buy.

New Ducati might not be importable because of Ducati North America are being prick ********. We'll see how they react next year. Thanks to zc for all his help and advice. Whoever is coordinating this let's talk! I can pass on my info of the cheaper dealers and the better rated ones.
    Last edited by LiNK666; 07-08-2008 at 09:00 PM.

Wasting your time with a group purchase. Go purchase it yourself and enjoy your bike.

Savings will not be that great as margins are limited and if it is a hot bike they would prefer to get full list + (allowed in the US) and the service business from their customers. 2008 Ninja 250's are selling at $2k over list in the US if you can find one. US dealers are also gun shy too as even with the fake US address thing, they are risking allocation curtailments or franchise being revoked.

There will be lots of talk but in the end when it is time to open the wallet, many will "flake "and keep what they have or buy a used bike. There were 45 pages of talk and maybe 5 bikes were purchased.

Ducati and BMW prices are so close now it is not worth the effort. Do you think you will get equal treatment from GP Bikes or your local Ducati dealer when it is time to service your bike? Or when some goodwill is needed? Think they will give priority to customers who purchased from them, I don't blame them.
    Ride Safe.....

http://www.motowhere.com/

2002 Yamaha FZ1 (Faster Silver) -SOLD

Looking for a Ducati Monster, BMW R1200R or 2008 Gen 2 FZ1

PM if you have one for sale.

Can anyone suggest a suzuki dealer in the Buffalo area ?

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    US dealers are also gun shy too as even with the fake US address thing, they are risking allocation curtailments or franchise being revoked.
    Well, I'm not using a fake US address. I have a real one

Everything I will do is legal.

As for local ducati/triumph dealers. Yes they are amazing dealers. I've been to GP and Rev. Really nice and helpful guys.

Anyways, I'm still looking around. If I can find something within a $1000 difference between canada and US I'll definately buy it here.

Canada/Ontario has to change it's ways. Until they see their business losing and people are going to US to buy. They will change their ways to be actively competitive with US. If it's parts canada that's screwing them then they'll be hounded by everyone.

Fact of the matter is, I'm a student and I really need to get the best deal I can. I will give all my service work to the dealers if they want it.

If you have a rant please take it to another thread. This is a group buy thread. Saying don't do a group buy will only go against what the thread is trying to do.

Oh btw, the price difference you're talking about is more than a few hundred. US bike with all the taxes and licensing fees etc.. will be around $11500 at the end. Dealers here will be $14000 out the door.
    Last edited by LiNK666; 07-09-2008 at 10:04 AM.

I have no issue with you purchasing a bike in the US, in fact, I suggested you purchase one yourself. Was only suggesting that you are unlikely to find a dealer who will sell 5 bikes to Canadian customers in one shot. False or real address or real address is not an issue as the Manufacturer will know who sold the bikes when customers apply for compliance letters. Dealers are unlikely to risk their allocation of "hot bikes" like a 848/ 1098 for a quick sale. They will be allocated to dealers who serve their markets.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by STARSHIP View Post
    I have no issue with you purchasing a bike in the US, in fact, I suggested you purchase one yourself. Was only suggesting that you are unlikely to find a dealer who will sell 5 bikes to Canadian customers in one shot. False or real address or real address is not an issue as the Manufacturer will know who sold the bikes when customers apply for compliance letters. Dealers are unlikely to risk their allocation of "hot bikes" like a 848/ 1098 for a quick sale. They will be allocated to dealers who serve their markets.

Good luck
    heh, sorry if I misinterpreted. I've been looking into the recall clearance letter and I've been told a Manufacturer cannot refuse to give you one if the bike is listed as importable. They can charge you for it.. but can't deny it.

Every dealer I spoke to, I told them my situation (having my cousin in US buy it) and told them I might be looking for a group buy... all of them said "yes, we'll take care of you".

Besides if you ride around US for like 10-20 miles. They can't say anything about it then. "Technically" it's been used then