Dumped bike for first time today

Thread: Dumped bike for first time today

Dumped bike for first time today

It was actually more embarasing than anything, even though nobody saw me. I took a trip up north to my parents trailer today. I decided to add a little adventure to the trip and took my bike down a snowmobile trail. After I picked my way through the waist high grass i finally made it to the bush. I was going along the trail, slowly of course, there were a lot of fallen leaves on it. I came upon this one section, i would call it a puddle, some would call it a minature bog. Ayways, I stoped, stared at if for a bit and figured what the hell? I rode up to it, pulled in the clutch and coasted through it no prob. Then I continued on down the trail. On the way back was when it got interesting. I came back to the same water hole(there was no other way for me to get back) and I tried to go through the same way, but this time it was slightly up hill. I got to about the middle of the puddle and had to give it some gas. I barely touched the throttle and before I knew it the bike was going down. I tired to put my foot down, but it hit muck and just slid. So down we went. No damage to the bike other than the mud all over it. I think i need a dirt bike. And my one foot was soaked, which made the ride home even more fun.

Re: Dumped bike for first time today

Sucks to hear really but at least everything is ok. Get all that mud washed off and make sure there are no cracks in the fairings, vibrations can cause cracks to spread quickly. Next bike I get is a dualsport

never fear, i dropped my bike today too but not for the first time like you, there was no damage to mine and you were able to walk away with only your pride a little damaged.
    Get a dual sport if you want to do the paved roads and the dirt too,
    Check out the DRZ's or the KLR's..
    www.shanekingsley.com - House (and jungle) Music All Night Long

The Big Map of Ontario's Best Roads.

Argi

What bike do you ride?

Quote Originally Posted by bruzer_boy View Post
    It was actually more embarasing than anything, even though nobody saw me. I took a trip up north to my parents trailer today. I decided to add a little adventure to the trip and took my bike down a snowmobile trail. After I picked my way through the waist high grass i finally made it to the bush. I was going along the trail, slowly of course, there were a lot of fallen leaves on it. I came upon this one section, i would call it a puddle, some would call it a minature bog. Ayways, I stoped, stared at if for a bit and figured what the hell? I rode up to it, pulled in the clutch and coasted through it no prob. Then I continued on down the trail. On the way back was when it got interesting. I came back to the same water hole(there was no other way for me to get back) and I tried to go through the same way, but this time it was slightly up hill. I got to about the middle of the puddle and had to give it some gas. I barely touched the throttle and before I knew it the bike was going down. I tired to put my foot down, but it hit muck and just slid. So down we went. No damage to the bike other than the mud all over it. I think i need a dirt bike. And my one foot was soaked, which made the ride home even more fun.

i ride a zzr250. i couldn't imagine what would have happend if i was on a bike with real power. i guess i would have just hit the ground faster.

wait a second. are you saying you took your STREET bike OFFROADING and are shocked that you dropped it?

Quote Originally Posted by bruzer_boy View Post
    I think i need a dirt bike
    HUH?? wtf do you ride? goldwing? lol
    if speed doesnt scare you, the truck around the corner will.

2002 Suzuki TL1000R - Current
    2004 Suzuki GSXR 1000 - Stolen
    2000 Suzuki GSXR 750 - Sold
    1995 Kawasaki Ninja EX500R - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by pablo escobar View Post
    wait a second. are you saying you took your STREET bike OFFROADING and are shocked that you dropped it?
    no i wasnt' shocked that i dropped it, i just felt like a dumbass. i figured if i made it through once then why not twice? but no kidding around, driving up and down wet muddy leave covered trails makes for great clutch and brake practice. easy does it!

You're lucky you got it restarted!
    Seen bikes tip in rivers, not pretty.

De-flooding is a pain in the ***.....

Buy a dirtbike....or dualsport...

want to go on trail - dirt bike is for you. Stupid idea to bring road bike on a trail.
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse

Hey, I never said I was smart.

Way to go meathead!

hahhhaa...love this guy,big props for you,lifes an adventure.

Ok, even i am not that dumb. (see pic above)

maybe it was not the brightest idea but as long as you had fun doning it it's alright lol
    A bike is like a girl friend - expensive and high maintanance but it's all worth the ride...

Sauga area, always up for a ride if i'm not busy. Drop me a pm...

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrider36 View Post
    That's nice
    anyone can hurt a fighter not everyone will get a chance to excuse