Importing a 2008 Ninja 250R...help?

Thread: Importing a 2008 Ninja 250R...help?

rob_dip

Importing a 2008 Ninja 250R...help?

I'm going to buy a 2008 Ninja 250R from a kawasaki dealership in the states...probably one closest to Toronto but still in the states....Any idea how much it will cost to do all that like how much are taxes on the bike? Shipping? Duties? and bringing the bike across the border? I know there's a sticky on this but it didn't say anything about prices and stuff plus no one responded there.

Ninjaboy22

Re: Importing a 2008 Ninja 250R...help?

Quote Originally Posted by rob_dip View Post
    I'm going to buy a 2008 Ninja 250R from a kawasaki dealership in the states...probably one closest to Toronto but still in the states....Any idea how much it will cost to do all that like how much are taxes on the bike? Shipping? Duties? and bringing the bike across the border? I know there's a sticky on this but it didn't say anything about prices and stuff plus no one responded there.
    thoughs new re-designed ninjas are hot.....but yea i have no idea...i heard that there is no duty on bikes but i may be wrong

rob_dip

Yeah, there awesome and cheap and insurance is decent compared to the ninja 650r, yeah i heard there's no duties on them either, but you never know.

Banned

id wait to see if canada briings them in, and see what our prices are. i have a feeling things are a'changin'

Yea, why don't u want until its comes to canada.. Probably will be introduced around Feb-April
    Just be patient. if u do buy it now, u are not going to get to touch it until feb-april anyways.

rob_dip

i was going to buy it in February anyways...I was just looking into it cause i wasn't sure if they were gonna introduce it here

read the sticky.
    If its not on the RIV list of admisable vehicles then you won't be able to bring it in.

i want to import one myself too... maybe we could get a good deal on them if we buy them at the same dealer????

Quote Originally Posted by rob_dip View Post
    The reason there isn't anything about prices is because duty and taxes caluculated at presentages. ie tax 14% etc (there is no duty on bikes, as stated in the sticky) I suggest if you are really serious about finding out how much you are looking at read page 1 of the sticky and contact the phone numbers for customs etc to get an online quote.

Woodbridge Yamaha :)

I would "HIGHLY" suggest you talk to your local kawasaki dealer (ala Kahuna) before you go to the states to buy your bike.

I would also make sure the US dealer(in a border towm) will or can sell to some one with a Canadian address.

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

Please let us know how it goes and how much you had to pay etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JUELZ View Post

Its only $3,499 in the US
    http://www.kawasaki.com/Products/detail.aspx?id=263