Is Montreal a better city for bikes?

Thread: Is Montreal a better city for bikes?

Is Montreal a better city for bikes?

While i was in Montreal in early September i saw much more bikes there then in Toronto! Is it the insurance rates in Quebec or what?

Re: Is Montreal a better city for bikes?

NO, that country sucks.
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

They seem to really like bikes in Quebec in general. The only problem with riding in Quebec is that most of the winding roads are VERY bumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladcanada View Post
    While i was in Montreal in early September i saw much more bikes there then in Toronto! Is it the insurance rates in Quebec or what?
    You won't see as many in Quebec for much longer....the government has effectively killed the sport bike market there.

http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ghlight=quebec
    Last edited by Royson; 10-14-2007 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vladcanada View Post

just bought a bike from a private sale in Quebec( a couple hours other side of Montreal), he tells me that his insurance was very cheap but that they have to pay a once a year license fee that is suppose to go up dramatically next year.

I bought his VFR for about 1000 less then i would pay in Ontario but i pay almost $1000 more a year in insurance but my plate license fee was 20 bucks, he claims his one a year fee is $300 but going to $900 next year so he sold the bike, which i am very happy he did

hope it answers your question, yes bikes are popoluar in the province of Quebec, yes their are differences in insurance but its changing next year

Quote Originally Posted by FZR 400 View Post
    They seem to really like bikes in Quebec in general. The only problem with riding in Quebec is that most of the winding roads are VERY bumpy.
    '

that, and the roads have a tendancy to fall out from underneath you/ or fall on top of you)
    "Just Follow Your Front Wheel...."

Quote Originally Posted by Low rider View Post
    NO, that country sucks.
    i almost did my first spittake on my new laptop

Burlington during the week / Pickering most weekends

My friend from Quebec laughs out loud when I tell him about insurance prices in Ontario.

Bike insurance is dirt cheap in Quebec. We are being ripped off here... but we already know that.

I'm glad your laptop is OK.

Quote Originally Posted by bmnb1tches View Post
    i almost did my first spittake on my new laptop
    Cell phones, GPS, DVD, Food, Drinks, Kids, Smokes, Make Up, Lipstick, News Papers, CB, Ham Radio, FM Radio, CD, MP3, Work papers, Books, Lap tops, Camcorders,
    THINGS THAT DON'T
    BELONG IN A CAR.

Montreal is a great city to own a motorcycle. By far, it is the easiest way to get around the city, and the parking attendants rarely ticketed me for parking on the sidewalk. There are some really nice roads in the city, and a lot of fantastic roads less than a half an hour north.

Drivers there are also predictable... everyone drives fast. Also, the no right turn on a red rule is a great law in Quebec.

Quote Originally Posted by Tint View Post
    Also, the no right turn on a red rule is a great law in Quebec.
    Actually, that's only law on the Island of Montreal. You can right turn on a red in the rest of Quebec unless specified otherwise. But yes, Montreal drivers are far more skilled than Torontonians.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

dori

All in all Montreal sounds a lot more appealing... Im paying 1500 for a 399cc from 82... I think I'd rather take the 900/year for a zzr600 and more interesting roads.

+ bad drivers in toronto = more dangerous for me on the light bike.

Then you compare cellphone rates or Wii prices to US and you realize we're really ripped off in all ways ... in Ontario.