I'm so ready - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm so ready

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Re: I'm so ready

It's sixty days from when you get your M1.

You must have your M1 for sixty days before you can get your M2.

That doesn't mean that you can't pass the M2 test before the sixty days.

If you do your Humber course shortly after you get your M1 waiting sixty days from the course would be fine.

Don't forget you then need to wait 18 months (with the course) from getting your M2 before you can go for your full M.

Quote Originally Posted by LannyNguyen View Post
    I understand almost everything 97%.
    But I don't understand is about 90 Days M2?
    I thought you have you wait 90 days before getting M2?
    And doesn't the course reduce 30 days so you'll have 60 days to get M2?
    As I said, just make sure that you study the automobile book. Most of your marks will be based on it. Also, if you're not sure which answer is right, think about what answer they want.

It does look like you can just make it for the last M1 (to M2) course if there's an opening. As someone said, book now even before your birthday and you have your M1, because it's going to close off quick and that'll be it until late spring. Take the M1 test as many times it takes to pass so that you have your M1 (DriveTest'll give it to you on the spot) before the Wednesday night class, and you're good.

The M1 lasts 90 days and then it expires. When you pass the course, you'll get your M2 but not until 61 days after you got your M1. So until the end of December, you better make sure that you stay within the M1 restrictions! (They'll explain this very carefully at the course.)

If you're taking the course at RTI King City, then you're in good hands! I was there a couple weeks ago, and if they got me through it, you'll have no problems.
    MyBikeWiki Handy indexed links.

Okay, let's review:
    Book the test now (and pay by credit card on the phone or run down to the office with cash to lock it in).
    Your birthday is on October 23rd (14th+9) and you take and pass the M1 test after school.
    http://www.drivetest.ca/en/loc/Dec.aspx
    (Backup Plan B: Take it again on the 24th and head to class.)
    Go to the class on the 24th with all of your id and paper M1. If you're not sure about any gear, ask at the class.

On the Saturday, be there before 8:15am. There's no York bus that will get to the King campus that early, so arrange a lift or cab it from the Viva Blue bus on Yonge St. After the course, there's a couple buses leaving.
    On Sunday, there are no buses to/from the campus at all, and the Viva starts later (but the 99/98 are running on Yonge).
    (I have links to all the bus schedules if you need them.)

Long range forecast:
    http://www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0473

Bring a lunch and lots to drink. Have fun!

But say you fail your M1, (it happens) just take a re test right away because you can. It only cost another 10. Keep taking it until you pass.
    Last time I was at the licensing office, there was a late forties guy there who failed the M1 test three times in a row before buying the book (which he hadn't read beforehand), zipping up his shiny new jacket, getting on his FXLwhatever and leaving in a huff

Okay, for Lanny:

[b]1) Go to a DRIVETEST centre and pass your M1 test (written)

2) Book your M2 course TOMORROW for the 1st available date after your birthday. You need a valid M1 license AT THE TIME OF THE COURSE.

3) After presumably passing your M2 tests (written & pylon tests), go back to a DRIVETEST centre 60 days after you passed your original M1 to be upgraded to an M2. You DO NOT need to wait 60 days after getting your M1 to DO your M2 test, you can do your M2 test anytime after getting your M1, but it cannot be upgraded to an M2 until 60 days have passed.

If you do an approved course the instructor will give you an envelope, this is what you hand in at the DriveTest centre showing you passed your M2 tests.
    ex-ZX-7/9
    ZX-6D w/colour matched Duct Tape
    ex-RZ500
    ex-RD400

Big relief, thanks guys. I'm reigstering with my father this afternoon at Humber.
    Thanks alot guys!!!
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER
    Look for a glowing white bike

What the heck? I called in today and they said I need to get my M1 first and call them because registering ends at Oct 24th for the date Oct 25-28th..

So basically, I have 1 day for the test and register in 1 day for the date I want...
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

yes you need to have you m1 to do the m2 humber course. You do not need to have had it for 60 days.

You could tomorrow (October 18th) go to downsview - pay $16 write M1 WRITTEN ONLY. Then call humber, for the October 24th M2 Course. Assume you pass. On Dec 18th you could then walk into MTO and trade in sealed envelope to get your M2.

Got that?
    _/\_/\ . ÷ z z z Z ZZ
    ,,,-_-,,,

Bring everything you need and nothing you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggsy View Post
    yes you need to have you m1 to do the m2 humber course. You do not need to have had it for 60 days.

You could tomorrow (October 18th) go to downsview - pay $16 write M1 WRITTEN ONLY. Then call humber, for the October 24th M2 Course. Assume you pass. On Dec 18th you could then walk into MTO and trade in sealed envelope to get your M2.

Got that?

Yes, I understand now, but my birthday is the 23rd turning 16.
    Alright, Thanks for the help.
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

You get your M1 and go to RTI and take the M2 course, after you pass that you wait untill it has been 60 days from when you recieved your M1 and you then take your M1 to the MTO and your SEALED M2 test results from RTI which they will give you the day you pass. The MTO will then give you a paper M2 to use untill you get your card in the mail. I didnt study for my G1 or my M1 theyre really basic tests if you do not pass them I dont think you should be on the road.

Yes, I understand now, but my birthday is the 23rd turning 16.
    Alright, Thanks for the help.
    I didn't think they minded registering as long as you had the licence for the class on the Wednesday night. Well, get that M1 on your birthday, call them immediately afterwards, and cross your fingers for an opening! I know that there were some no-shows for our course , so maybe you can be on standby or something...

The long range 14-day trend (guess!) shows cool but dry on that weekend.

i registered for my class before i had my m1 at humber

snowrider

Some of the ppl I had my course with had no M1 during the evening in-class portion. They just went in and wrote it the following day (before the 2 days of riding/testing).

The Humber Course, does the Registration include the Motorcycle Rental?
    HONDA SHADOW AERO BAGGER

yes

I think you should call them up and ask any questions that you have. You do not need your M1 to register but you need it before the course. They provide you with a motorcycle + gas + insurance (i think). They have gear requirement. Check out their website. It answers a lot of basic questions.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Traffic, we don't need no stinkin' traffic!

Yes it includes the motorcycle - 250 cc Yamaha Viragos - they've got over 100 of them there.

You need a dot helmet, leather gloves that cover the wrist, boots that go over the ankle but can shift the gears, and at least a jean jacket and jeans.

Also bring rain/cold weather gear in case and a water bottle. It's all on the web site.

http://www.motorcycle.humber.ca/ridinggear.htm
    Last edited by Baggsy; 10-20-2007 at 11:32 PM. Reason: additional info