I came across this thread only yesterday and feel I have to respond. I bought 2 bikes from Inglis last June and the experience couldn't have been more pleasant. The sales staff are friendly and knowledgeable and weren't pressuring me to get out my wallet. Obviously it's their job to sell bikes but at no time did I feel it was a high pressure situation. The one thing I really like about Inglis is that it is still a Mom and Pop store mentality there. You know everyone there has a love of motorcycling, and they are always happy to help you with what you need.

Some other dealerships in town like hully gully are just to big nowadays and have lost all sense of the customer experience. They are rude and are all over you the from the moment you walk in and as soon as you say you are just looking you can see that change in their attitudes, its really quite off putting and the reason I will never buy anything there.

Concerning Inglis parts, accesories and servicing departments I have nothing but good things to say about them all. I had a couple of warranty issues with my new bike as well as having my first service done there. All work was booked in and completed quickly and properly.

Its so easy to bash a dealership when something goes wrong in your eyes these days but before you start spreading your dissatisfaction around consider that for every complaint you hear there are probably 1000 happy customers you don't hear from. They have been around a long time.........there is probably a good reason for that.