Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

It's in London ON.
    Anyone shop there? Seem to have some descent prices but when I called them, the dude seemed kind of rude which makes me not want to go there, especially since London is at least a 2 hour drive from Toronto.

any reviews of the place?
    They are advertising kawasaki 07 ex250 for 5000$ (new)
    Anyone know if there is a place in GTA I can get it at this price?

Ninja888

Re: Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

I went there last week to check out the place. I talked to one of the salesmen there and he was a little rude. Probably the same dude. Other than that the place seem nice. They have a lot of bikes on display with some of the lowest prices you'll find and a nice parts and acessories shop.

I have two friends that picked up zx6r's this fall.
    Both seemed happy with no complaints.
    Can't beat the price they got!

actually i thinking and was looking at their R6's and talked to of the sales guys, who i think was one of the owners, he was very nice and gave me a lot of info about the bike and their promotions. However he mentioned, they were short handed and maybe he was a new guy that was rude. anyway, I wanted to go see them and make a deal but job is a bit shaky now.

Thumbs up Re: Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

Went to INGLIS cycle today. Extremely extremely extremely helpful staff. I was amazed at the effort this girl went through. Also they are having a sale where anything they stock/order is 20% off and some other stuff is getting blown out helmets, jackets, pants etc tons of sick stuff.

I have 2 different friends that have done business there in the past year or two.

The one ended up in a shouting match and had to take his bike out of there broken because they had damaged something when it was there under warranty work and insisted on charging him for what they broke.

The other one ended up filing a complaint with the better business bureau to get his money back after they had his bike for over 2 months waiting for parts they were supposed to fix under warranty. He had multiple conversations with them and each time they refused his request for his money or his bike back. It was only after they were notified about the complaint that they gave him his money back.

So, based on those completely separate incidents, I won't be giving them my business any time soon. I think if you check out a couple of local forums (I live right outside London) that you'll find they don't have a very good service record after they get the original sale out of the way.

Give your business to a couple of hard working good guys like Platinum powersports or Crashburn Cycyles if you want to venture out of Toronto to London.

I also like G&G motorcycles just on the southwest side of London. Gary's another one of those good guys. He taught me at the M2 exit course at fanshawe in London. I give him business when I can.

Just my 2 cents worth.

B

Quote Originally Posted by bjturner View Post
    I have 2 different friends that have done business there in the past year or two.

The one ended up in a shouting match and had to take his bike out of there broken because they had damaged something when it was there under warranty work and insisted on charging him for what they broke.

The other one ended up filing a complaint with the better business bureau to get his money back after they had his bike for over 2 months waiting for parts they were supposed to fix under warranty. He had multiple conversations with them and each time they refused his request for his money or his bike back. It was only after they were notified about the complaint that they gave him his money back.

So, based on those completely separate incidents, I won't be giving them my business any time soon. I think if you check out a couple of local forums (I live right outside London) that you'll find they don't have a very good service record after they get the original sale out of the way.

Give your business to a couple of hard working good guys like Platinum powersports or Crashburn Cycyles if you want to venture out of Toronto to London.

I also like G&G motorcycles just on the southwest side of London. Gary's another one of those good guys. He taught me at the M2 exit course at fanshawe in London. I give him business when I can.

Just my 2 cents worth.

B
    I believe i know of your friend who got in the shouting match with Gord and i know the story behind that bike.

What bike was it? I dont want to comment if i'm thinking about someone else.

What was the story behind your friends warranty parts? Why did he have to pay anything if it was under warranty? Somtimes parts are back ordered until forever, how would that be the dealers fault?

The only forum local to the London area is the OSR board. I've been on that board for years and can't think of a single bad review of Inglis. So i'm going to have to call shenanigans on your comment about bad reviews on local forums.

I used to work there. Some customers in parts/service/sales are impossible to please and want everything done yesterday and they don't want to pay for it. If they were to come on this forum and spout off about how terrible their experience was i'd be compelled to present the other side.

Give me more details, i may or may not know of them.

BTW, if one of your friends owns a Triumph 675 he's one of those impossible customers.
    Last edited by caboose483; 11-20-2008 at 08:50 AM.

i bought my bike there in the summer. cheap. fast. easy to deal with.

I live in London, They usually have a good selection of clothing gear and accessories. Nice selection of bikes, but like any dealer, they really don't care about unless you wanna drop 10g's on a bike it seems, thats just life.

Take the 401, get off at Highbury, head north into London, Take a left on Dundas st. and inglis is on mccormick blvd on the right side half a kilometer from highbury.
    1993 FZR 600

Quote Originally Posted by billy_awesome View Post
    I live in London, They usually have a good selection of clothing gear and accessories. Nice selection of bikes, but like any dealer, they really don't care about unless you wanna drop 10g's on a bike it seems, thats just life.

Take the 401, get off at Highbury, head north into London, Take a left on Dundas st. and inglis is on mccormick blvd on the right side half a kilometer from highbury.
    O/T
    That is the best looking FZR600 I have ever seen. Props man.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    I believe i know of your friend who got in the shouting match with Gord and i know the story behind that bike.

What bike was it? I dont want to comment if i'm thinking about someone else.

What was the story behind your friends warranty parts? Why did he have to pay anything if it was under warranty? Somtimes parts are back ordered until forever, how would that be the dealers fault?

The only forum local to the London area is the OSR board. I've been on that board for years and can't think of a single bad review of Inglis. So i'm going to have to call shenanigans on your comment about bad reviews on local forums.

I used to work there. Some customers in parts/service/sales are impossible to please and want everything done yesterday and they don't want to pay for it. If they were to come on this forum and spout off about how terrible their experience was i'd be compelled to present the other side.

Give me more details, i may or may not know of them.

BTW, if one of your friends owns a Triumph 675 he's one of those impossible customers.
    You can call shenanigans on my comment all you want. It doesn't make them any less truthful.
    My friends don't own a Triumph so I guess that's another unhappy customer Inglis has screwed over.

They needed parts for my other friend's bike that he only had for a couple of months. They kept telling him different stories about what and when they would be in.
    He finally wanted his money back and then they kept telling him to talk to different people and not one of them would call him back. This went on for 2 months. Would you be happy with that kind of service?

Why did he have to pay anything if it was under warranty? EXACTLY!!Sometimes parts are back ordered until forever, how would that be the dealers fault? How is that the customer's fault??
    Being truthful with the customer or offering another solution other than "yeah I'll call you back later" would have gone a lot farther than being ignored and treated like nothing.

Maybe you should talk to some more local people. I mean regular people who have given them business and then needed them to back it up with their service.

Just because you "can't think" about any bad reviews on these local forums doesn't mean they don't exist.

I didn't even mention a couple of other issues I know of. So maybe you have a bias because you worked there and don't know all of the details.
    I've been there for these experiences. You haven't.

I don't spout off about these type of things. I take them very seriously. If you knew more about me and the people I'm talking about, hopefully you would "GET" it.

Quote Originally Posted by bjturner View Post
    You can call shenanigans on my comment all you want. It doesn't make them any less truthful.
    My friends don't own a Triumph so I guess that's another unhappy customer Inglis has screwed over.

They needed parts for my other friend's bike that he only had for a couple of months. They kept telling him different stories about what and when they would be in.
    He finally wanted his money back and then they kept telling him to talk to different people and not one of them would call him back. This went on for 2 months. Would you be happy with that kind of service?

Why did he have to pay anything if it was under warranty? EXACTLY!!Sometimes parts are back ordered until forever, how would that be the dealers fault? How is that the customer's fault??
    Being truthful with the customer or offering another solution other than "yeah I'll call you back later" would have gone a lot farther than being ignored and treated like nothing.

Maybe you should talk to some more local people. I mean regular people who have given them business and then needed them to back it up with their service.

Just because you "can't think" about any bad reviews on these local forums doesn't mean they don't exist.

I didn't even mention a couple of other issues I know of. So maybe you have a bias because you worked there and don't know all of the details.
    I've been there for these experiences. You haven't.

I don't spout off about these type of things. I take them very seriously. If you knew more about me and the people I'm talking about, hopefully you would "GET" it.

who ****** in your corn flakes???

frankly, if you can't present actual details of the events then i can't really comment. i did a quick search through the only london forum, i could only find one bad review of Inglis and it was because of a non-refundable special order deposit. i still dont know what bad reviews you're talking about. i hate to sound like a ******, but i was an awesome parts guy. people rarely comment when someone does something good, but i was really good at my job.

I probably am pretty biased because i worked there. It sounds like your friends had issues with service though, i worked in parts so not really my dep't. I can tell you though, that while i worked there we had some service customers that were completely insane.

The Triumph customer is not another "unhappy customer Inglis has screwed over". We had 3 of the 675's come in for a recall, we had to replace the entire header then i had to take them for a fairly long test ride to make sure the butterfly valve was working properly and not causing a fault code (a perk of the job :P ) The 2nd one i rode was in early December and it was about 3 degrees while i was riding it. I rode from london to woodstock and back, pretty straight and boring right? Well the bike worked fine so we delivered it back to the owner, at which point he starts thinking that his rear tire was worn out because i was riding it too hard... it was shot when we got the bike and it was too cold and straight to do anything with the tires on that bike that day... a few weeks later he changed his story accusing me of doing a burnout on his bike. if you have ever seen a tire after having done a burnout you know what they look like, this tire looked nothing like that not to mention that there was no "fling" anywhere under the tail. He had no explanation for that. This went on for about two months, this guy arguing back and forth with Gord. My point is not that we were right and he was wrong, my point is that some customers are insane. What if this guy had come on to some forum and was saying that the guys at Inglis will test ride the **** out of your bike and do burnouts on it and everything? Unreasonable?

Anyhow, i don't recall the details of either of your friends. I can think of another irate customer who didn't want to hear what exactly his ancient POS bike needed for a safety. He never gave the go ahead to do the work then was furious when it wasn't done and when it was done he didnt want to pay for it.. he accused the service guy of trying to screw him over and that one ended in a shouting match too.

Who are the regular local people you're talking about? The original FAF crew? Vetter? Coop? Crash and Firby? Cotton? Justin? I know most non-squids in London and i don't know anyone that really dislikes Inglis. I have no opinion either way, but i know more people who dislike Platinum than Inglis.

I just wanna put in that caboose did a great job when I bought my gf a helmet last year for Christmas......great honest guy.
    1993 FZR 600

Hey Caboose, I have to agree with BJTurner ...I too have had a less than stellar experience with "Inglis" Cycle...enough said.

Exclamation Re: Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaholic View Post
    Hey Caboose, I have to agree with BJTurner ...I too have had a less than stellar experience with "Inglis" Cycle...enough said.

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mystifier View Post
    It's in London ON.
    Anyone shop there? Seem to have some descent prices but when I called them, the dude seemed kind of rude which makes me not want to go there, especially since London is at least a 2 hour drive from Toronto.

any reviews of the place?
    They are advertising kawasaki 07 ex250 for 5000$ (new)
    Anyone know if there is a place in GTA I can get it at this price?
    I found that you cannot beat the prices at Inglis, but be warned...they usually are great with their sales but I found from experience and word of mouth that their service is less than substandard. My advice is if you can find that bike in your area around the same price, buy it there. I will no longer give my business to Inglis ever again.

SUNNY#525
    www.tracksidecuts.com
    www.stoopidracing.com

www.981FreeFM.ca
    www.rocketfireworks.ca

http://www.womex.ca
    www.soaracing.com

Thanks to our 2012 sponsors: 98.1 Free FM, Rocket Fireworks, World of Motorcycles Expo, Trackside Cuts, RaceLine Custom Racing Leathers, 2Ride Motorcycle Magazine, Hindle Exhaust, Motion Pro Inc., WIZ Racing and Slightly Stoopid Racing

Thumbs up Re: Anyone shop at Inglis Cycle Center?

I've had nothing but good times from inglis. From the time I bought my bike to the time I got most my gear there to the time they had to work on it.
    Good ppl all around.

Quote Originally Posted by caboose483 View Post
    who ****** in your corn flakes???

frankly, if you can't present actual details of the events then i can't really comment. i did a quick search through the only london forum, i could only find one bad review of Inglis and it was because of a non-refundable special order deposit. i still dont know what bad reviews you're talking about. i hate to sound like a ******, but i was an awesome parts guy. people rarely comment when someone does something good, but i was really good at my job.

I probably am pretty biased because i worked there. It sounds like your friends had issues with service though, i worked in parts so not really my dep't. I can tell you though, that while i worked there we had some service customers that were completely insane.

The Triumph customer is not another "unhappy customer Inglis has screwed over". We had 3 of the 675's come in for a recall, we had to replace the entire header then i had to take them for a fairly long test ride to make sure the butterfly valve was working properly and not causing a fault code (a perk of the job :P ) The 2nd one i rode was in early December and it was about 3 degrees while i was riding it. I rode from london to woodstock and back, pretty straight and boring right? Well the bike worked fine so we delivered it back to the owner, at which point he starts thinking that his rear tire was worn out because i was riding it too hard... it was shot when we got the bike and it was too cold and straight to do anything with the tires on that bike that day... a few weeks later he changed his story accusing me of doing a burnout on his bike. if you have ever seen a tire after having done a burnout you know what they look like, this tire looked nothing like that not to mention that there was no "fling" anywhere under the tail. He had no explanation for that. This went on for about two months, this guy arguing back and forth with Gord. My point is not that we were right and he was wrong, my point is that some customers are insane. What if this guy had come on to some forum and was saying that the guys at Inglis will test ride the **** out of your bike and do burnouts on it and everything? Unreasonable?

Anyhow, i don't recall the details of either of your friends. I can think of another irate customer who didn't want to hear what exactly his ancient POS bike needed for a safety. He never gave the go ahead to do the work then was furious when it wasn't done and when it was done he didnt want to pay for it.. he accused the service guy of trying to screw him over and that one ended in a shouting match too.

Who are the regular local people you're talking about? The original FAF crew? Vetter? Coop? Crash and Firby? Cotton? Justin? I know most non-squids in London and i don't know anyone that really dislikes Inglis. I have no opinion either way, but i know more people who dislike Platinum than Inglis.

Being a very new member on this board I have been reading old posts. There are some that deserve comment but this one takes the cake!

caboose483 I will have to cut some slack (a very small amount) seeing that this was one of your first posts,

BUT

This comment proves that you don't know the difference between sh!& your elbow! It also shows your ignorance by backhandedly trying to insult people that you obviously know extremely little about, other than their names! Most (more than half!) of those people you talk about (like you know all about them) NEVER had anything to with the "original FAF crew" & would NEVER be considered "squids" by most of the M/C riding community in London! (Most of which I know)

I also know that some time prior to your OP there was a tech let go for smoking off a customers tire while test riding their bike. From shopping a Inglis (as well as other M/C shops in & around the London area) that I have NEVER seen or heard of a "parts person from Inglis taking a customers bike for a test ride! It also makes no sense at all to have a non mech test ride anything ever anyway! AFAIK Mechanics do all the test riding for them! Not a parts person. I have also personally overheard quite a few "shouting matches" coming from the service area there.

Now maybe your biased "I probably am pretty biased because i worked there."? Maybe you were just trying to build your "rep" in your early posts? (there's all the slack you deserve)

What I see is someone who needs to apologise to some people! Taking that along with other comments in your OP that are wrong, I won't call shenanigans, I call total B.S. to your defence of Inglis in this matter.
    BJTurner & Yamaholic are way more accurate than a biased employee.

Now what about those apologies?

OGR

Quote Originally Posted by OGR View Post
    Being a very new member on this board I have been reading old posts. There are some that deserve comment but this one takes the cake!

caboose483 I will have to cut some slack (a very small amount) seeing that this was one of your first posts,

BUT

This comment proves that you don't know the difference between sh!& your elbow! It also shows your ignorance by backhandedly trying to insult people that you obviously know extremely little about, other than their names! Most (more than half!) of those people you talk about (like you know all about them) NEVER had anything to with the "original FAF crew" & would NEVER be considered "squids" by most of the M/C riding community in London! (Most of which I know)

I also know that some time prior to your OP there was a tech let go for smoking off a customers tire while test riding their bike. From shopping a Inglis (as well as other M/C shops in & around the London area) that I have NEVER seen or heard of a "parts person from Inglis taking a customers bike for a test ride! It also makes no sense at all to have a non mech test ride anything ever anyway! AFAIK Mechanics do all the test riding for them! Not a parts person. I have also personally overheard quite a few "shouting matches" coming from the service area there.

Now maybe your biased "I probably am pretty biased because i worked there."? Maybe you were just trying to build your "rep" in your early posts? (there's all the slack you deserve)

What I see is someone who needs to apologise to some people! Taking that along with other comments in your OP that are wrong, I won't call shenanigans, I call total B.S. to your defence of Inglis in this matter.
    BJTurner & Yamaholic are way more accurate than a biased employee.

Now what about those apologies?

OGR
    What? Why dig up a post from 400 years ago?

Apologize to who for what?
    Last edited by caboose483; 03-21-2012 at 07:46 AM.

Well, in more recent news since this old thread lit up again I might as well say I'm in the middle of attempting to buy a bike from them. I say attempting because it's not been the easiest thing to do. I will post about the whole experience after the 30th, when I'm supposed to get my new ride.
    2011 Yamaha R6 in Red
    2006 SV650S - Sold