How to winterize? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to winterize?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: How to winterize?

Quote Originally Posted by Royson View Post
    Change your oil and filter.
    Apply chain lube to the chain to prevent any rust if it wasn't done recently.
    Fill up the tank and put in fuel stabilizer. Run the engine for a few minutes to get the stab. into the bike well.
    Pull the battery and place it in a dark place.
    Put a cover on it and forget about it until spring!

Wash the bike and clean the chain in addition to what was mentioned.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

Fill up the tank and put in fuel stabilizer. Run the engine for a few minutes to get the stab. into the bike well.
    +1000

This is what I do. You just want to make sure you get some fuel stabalizer so that it doesnt gum up your carbs (if you have a carb) so in the spring it will be ready to start first try

Take the battery inside I didnt do this last year on my CRF and now it doesnt hold a charge so I just kick it lmao.

Lube so the chain doesnt rust is pretty obvious. If you wanna get really fancy take the chain inside too
    ** Thanks for being a part of the GTAM Ride for Sight Motorcycle Team! **
    "Is that the way they drive in Tiananmen Square, b!tch?" - Ari Gold, Entourage
    2007 GSXR750, 2005 CRF450X | Proud Member of the 2006-2008 ODSC! | Facebook me!

Obiwan Kenoobie

nah. can it really be that easy?

i just changed my oil less then 1000km ago with synthetic. i am not going to spend another 60$ to just do a oil change for the hell of it. the oil is still new... you dont need to changed the oil if you just did it, thats just stupid and a good way to remove currency from your wallet.
    2000 GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by TootToot View Post
    My 250 Ninja is my first bike and I want to winterize properly. Am thinking of taking a course at Humber but in case I don't, just wanted to know what I should do to winterize my bike and when do you folks usually do it. I will be leaving it in my garage and no, I cannot bring it in. Any suggestions/help is appreciated.

Here is your cue to flame me because a thread like this already exists. If it does, could you just send me the link please?

Thanks,
    T
    Don't bother with the course. If you have the time then take the motorcycle mechanics course at Humber or Centennial. That will be more useful.
    "Fantino has been quoted saying he is "satisfied" with the 41 per cent conviction rate under the new law. I'm glad he's not running a brain surgery school" - Kenzie

Kriptik Riders: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2317743102
    Fighting a Ticket: http://www.roadwarriors.ca/ontario_traffic_tickets_speeding_tickets_tutorial
    http://www.naseinvestors.com
    http://www.jafrum.com

What to do for keeping bike during winter?

Hi everyone. I bought a 2001 ZZR250 this summer. During winter I will keep the bike in the garage. Do I need to do anything special before putting it to rest for winter. Do I need to empty tank and carburator? I dont mind starting the engine once in a while if that will save me from some serious mechanical work to keep the bike in good shape.

Re: What to do for keeping bike during winter?

Here is a nice thread from a different forum...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=213519

Since your bike has a carb too.

T
    '07 DRZ400SM

Re: What to do for keeping bike during winter?

leaving the tank empty is a good way to get it to rust
    store your tank full with stabilizer