are shinko raven radial tires any good - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: are shinko raven radial tires any good

Re: are shinko raven radial tires any good

I bought some from Ted @ Rosey Toes, their sport touring tire because I needed a long lasting tire and this is what he had. I took em, he gave them to be cheap and Im happy so far. Havent had them long but Ill be running them untill theyre done, I rode in -temps in 2007 and cold days with rain right before the snow hit, no problems once again. So far so good and Ill probably be ordering another rear when this one is gone...

P.s. I have the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath View Post
    I've thought about Shinko but you can find great prices on Pilot powers and I haven't heard a bad word about them. Call me a sucker but there is some peice of mind going with a proven brand name with a proven tire.
    Pilot powers... hmm I can think of only one bad word about them.
    They don't last long!

They sure stick well though. Especially the 2CT's

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    They don't last long!

That is true... I don't do a lot of long highway hauling so pure miles aren't a factor for me but I have considered Pilot Roads as I hear good things about them also. I've seen some good deals on M1's but I heard they don't even last as long as the Pilot powers. I've been running the OEM rubber so as far as I'm concerned anything is an upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by djltoronto View Post
    They don't last long!

I dont like the 2CT's because they wear out too fast, but the older Pilot Powers are comparble to all other top brand tires in terms of wear...And you can get some really good deals on the older sets now that the 2CT is out...

I wont even run Sinkos on my 50, those hockey puck like tires just dont do it for me....Dunlops on the 50 and PP's on the street bikes....

Funny thing about Shinko and maxxus tires, lots of people who have never used them will tell you they're junk, BUT everyone I have talked to that have actually used the tires like them.
    There might be some sort of hidden meaning there.....

if you are now running OEM tires on your bike and you are looking for a recommendation on replacements;
    GET ROUND BLACK ONES.

I have to agree with bitzz, its like Hyundai cars to me, they arent a huge name and people bad mouth them, but when some dumbass hit my mom and her caliber was in the shop they gave her a hyundai elantra and it was a nice car, smooth ride, comfy and peppy...gotta try something before you can truthfully know imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cann View Post
    I have to agree with bitzz, its like Hyundai cars to me, they arent a huge name and people bad mouth them, but when some dumbass hit my mom and her caliber was in the shop they gave her a hyundai elantra and it was a nice car, smooth ride, comfy and peppy...gotta try something before you can truthfully know imo.
    true. but your like saying a hyundai is just as good as a benz and their not.

WillyDarrin

Living out here in the BC Rockies we have a couple of twisty roads here and there, Last summer I put a set of 009 Raven's on my FZ1 as I had a road trip east to GTA.

I figured I'll just be burning them off flat from Calgary to Winnipeg anyway so why not try em. Turns out I was stunned at how well they worked canyon carving in BC before my trip for about 1,000km and the wear I got out of them on the roadtrip (two up with touring edition FJR bags/trunk) was better than expected.

Yes I did put on another rear at Cyclewerx on Bloor (kudo's to Tom, great guy took care of this travelling mechanic) it was perhaps only 50% worn on the turnaround home and I just didn't want to hassle finding a tire in Alberta when my shop would be a day's ride and I could install them myself.

Rain, heavy downpour in Alberta coming back and never sketchy at all even though we were fully loaded. Impressed me enough that I installed a fresh set this spring for mountain roads and am still amazed at how confident they feel.
    Sure many riders are faster than me out here, but I keep them in my sights and am never far behind on my cheap little Shinko's and I'm lovin' em.

And Bitzz, you're right about the Maxxis tires too, my shop in the BC Interior stocks them in various sizes because we'd see alot of bike of various manufacture limping in off the TC looking for anything that would fit. Our locals have tried them and now we have many that have made them their tire of choice as well.
    Last edited by WillyDarrin; 06-10-2009 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    No, you're wrong. It's better. Talking about Shinko. I had rear one on my last bike. Put 18000km and it was still good for safety when I sold it. Agree -very good on wet.

Quote Originally Posted by freedomfighter View Post
    no, not at all. seems more like he was saying they are better than the common opinion of them. Which is too bad, because 90% of common opinion around here comes from people who just repeat what they've heard without having touched the item in question.

Quote Originally Posted by [evo] View Post
    no, not at all. seems more like he was saying they are better than the common opinion of them. Which is too bad, because 90% of common opinion around here comes from people who just repeat what they've heard without having touched the item in question.
    Don't you know this forum is full of know it alls

If I listened to half the crap people spouted on here I would be in big trouble.
    A coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once.

'08 Yamaha WR250X (SuperRetard)
    '03 Suzuki SV1000S Current (Silver Surfer)

'07 Aprilia SXV 5.5 Teefed (Redstar)
    '04 Honda 1000RR Previous (Red1.2)
    '05 Yamaha R6 Previous (Red1)
    '89 Suzuki GS500E Previous (SuziQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post
    Tim, if you are reading all this, you should grow the **** up and not be such a ******. you give all us Canadians a bad name. ps, you are no longer welcome here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben Steinberg c/o bjturner View Post

Ben Steinberg Deals Gap Resort Manager