Sportbikes are Not beginner Bikes

Thread: Sportbikes are Not beginner Bikes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Sportbikes are Not beginner Bikes

Quote Originally Posted by PIPES View Post
    But it sucks to have to down shift to go up a hill or pass somebody.
    Isn't that part of the fun?
    '07 DRZ400SM

Its funny because all the older riders I talk to are the ones going back to the smaller bikes. LOL
    It is a about the panic situations. Its got nothing to do with respecting the power. This is when a rookie rider will get into trouble on an SS, when instinct kicks in or lack there of. To those that have started on a SS and not gotten hurt congrates and hope your luck keeps going. The one thing I scratch my head about is seeing THOSE GUYS way back in the distance after comming out of the corners on there GSX-R1000. Im no pro but Im not a rook either. You will learn so much more so much faster an a smaller bike and nothing looks cooler then a guy on a 250 spankin a liter bike.
    JMHO
    I know a broken record, I guess I just felt like typin this time. In the end ride what you want and ride safe. But know this all these vet riders are not just blowing smoke up your a** over and over again. They know what they are talkin about! Are sport would be so much better if we just listened to someone older and wiser more often. Theres my rant for the night! Take it or leave it.
    Bikes R what unite us, what kind should not matter!

Quote Originally Posted by ace6061 View Post
    Its funny because all the older riders I talk to are the ones going back to the smaller bikes. LOL
    It is a about the panic situations. Its got nothing to do with respecting the power. This is when a rookie rider will get into trouble on an SS, when instinct kicks in or lack there of. To those that have started on a SS and not gotten hurt congrates and hope your luck keeps going. The one thing I scratch my head about is seeing THOSE GUYS way back in the distance after comming out of the corners on there GSX-R1000. Im no pro but Im not a rook either. You will learn so much more so much faster an a smaller bike and nothing looks cooler then a guy on a 250 spankin a liter bike.
    JMHO
    I know a broken record, I guess I just felt like typin this time. In the end ride what you want and ride safe. But know this all these vet riders are not just blowing smoke up your a** over and over again. They know what they are talkin about! Are sport would be so much better if we just listened to someone older and wiser more often. Theres my rant for the night! Take it or leave it.
    No I think it needed to be said, good post. Everything's fine and good till something unexpected happens, then you can find yourself in deep do do without experience. Things happen and too often an inexperienced rider will panic and it's all over. Try having a front axle snap in half on you at speed on a highway. then see what happens. Few would live to tell about it, let alone get off the highway unscathed. But their are those that think, I'm good enough to handle my sportbike as a first. Ya right, a couple of years under your belt doesn't cut it. It's not if something is going to happen, but a matter of when.

Quote Originally Posted by ace6061 View Post
    JMHO
    A 250cc spank a liter bike! OK good luck with that one!

Quote Originally Posted by 08CBR1000 View Post
    A 250cc spank a liter bike! OK good luck with that one!
    There's a couple of kids riding 125's that I'd put some money on in the infield at Cayuga.

Tonto