Speed Trap Exchange

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Trap Exchange

Speed Trap Exchange

I found an interesting website that lists common speed trap areas,
    http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...y.asp?state=ON

I found some of the posted comments entertaining.
    Added a few myself.
    Last edited by dyno; 04-25-2007 at 06:51 PM.
    "Good judgment comes from bad experience, and a lot of bad experience comes from bad judgment."

Re: Speed Trap Exchange

+1 I added a couple, we should STICKY that
    www.durhaminline.com Inline Hockey in Durham Region

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

I added the Gardiner Lakeshore off-ramp. They may lighten up now that the speed limit went up to 70.
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Reaper.Rider

Cawthra and Lakeshore are death traps.

way to many to list in toronto. but i find the more u drive/ride the more you get a sence for the kinds of places and areas that they set them up in. lots of them around bridges, streets that run under bridges, streets with schools around, streets that are posted as 40 but it seems like they should be atleast 60 zones, etc.
    “Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence”.

northyorker

There always on Steeles on the north east side of York U. They hide in driveway of the old house to catch people coming eastbound on Steeles and they hide in the parking lot of those companies across the street for people going West both are quite hidden until it's too late unless you already know about it.

Is it legal for the police to use private property?

OFAH member
    My civil libertarianism grows daily when confronted with the obvious injustices I witness.

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    With owner's permission for sure. Parking lots are seen as both private property and public access area, so chances are that they do have a legal leg to stand on. If I saw some fuzz in my driveway I would politely but firmly ask it to leave. "I am sorry constable, but I am expecting some people to be coming in and out, which cannot be done with a cruiser blocking my driveway."
    The Fizzer's up for sale http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...-600-2050-cert
    Unofficial GTAM chat! Click for the info http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforum...ad.php?t=91578
    Like many active sports, shooting has the potential to cause personal injury.
    "The proper wave to an e-biker is to raise your beer." [credit:'Baggsy@GTAM]

Ah, good tips for some starting points for having some fun with cops..

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by raginduck View Post
    Ah, good tips for some starting points for having some fun with cops..
    I hope you have a good back up plan
    Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

ALLWAYS ON ONE

good info to kno. i knew of allot of them in the burlington / oakville area but not all

here's GPS POI of speed traps in canada

http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/t...54&whichpage=1
    "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"

01001001 00100111 01100100 00100000 01010010
    01100001 01110100 01101000 01100101 01110010
    00100000 01000010 01100101 00100000 01010010
    01101001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111

grimz

im findng them in the middle of shoppin center parkin lots,where your not really lookin for em. they blend in and out of no where, there they are.plus i found them sittin back from entrance ways now.kinda gettin a direct shot of ya on the side,and hiding there heat score cars from the road yur flyin on.
    just noticed they doin this latley.dont know if its a new tactic but thats where im seein em.

they need to be closer to the road to get an accurate speed, for the best reading you have to be going straight at them, the further back they are in the driveway (which creates a bigger angle) the slower the speed will show on their gun, which is better for us!
    They can not sit way back and point the gun at the side of your vehicle as you drive by, the gun doesnt work that way..it will read a speed of zero.
    Yellow fever!!! I love Japanese........Bikes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mat2312 View Post
    Yes it's legal and it's often safer for the officer and less obtrusive for the motoring public too. I've had property owners ask me to sit on their property to run radar because they are fed up with thier speeding neighbours! Oh where is the love??
    Cheers,
    Bob

(Having another day in paradise)

I just don't feel like the police should be using private property unless they've been asked to.

I wouldn't allow a police officer to use my property unless I received 30% of the total fines issued, as speeding tickets do nothing to deter speeding. Its money-generating.

My question to the officers out there, I understand you are doing your jobs and I respect that but doesn't it bother you that when issuing traffic citations you are merely tax collectors. Most 10 to 30km over tickets are the result of the speed limits being out of date.

OFAH member

kornstar369

Quote Originally Posted by dyno View Post
    I found an interesting website that lists common speed trap areas,
    http://www.speedtrap.org/speedtraps/...y.asp?state=ON

I found some of the posted comments entertaining.
    Added a few myself.
    damn, great job man.

dori

I agree... cars/bikes get more power every year, there are more of them all the time, and roads are broadened constantly (maybe not as much as desirable.. but there is a budget). I do believe lots of speed limits are significantly underrated... but maybe I think so because I never speed... maybe 10 over... but sometimes (on the bike) when a truck is tailgating, I feel the need to get out of the way (truck is already speeding) to feel safe, and what do I see a sec later? A radar... lucky the cop was packing. (Lakeshore offramp... left lanes speed up to get to gardiner speed, and rightmost lane liked to keep up for some reason, and it is tempting, yes, and I also don't think it unsafe... but that's me).

cheech

hey this is great very informative.i added a few

This might be a good place to pose a question. Anyone using a radar detector ? I'm seriously considering one with the new 50 over law in effect.
    Opinions comments?