Sturgess Cycle in Hamilton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sturgess Cycle in Hamilton

Thumbs up Sturgess Cycle in Hamilton

I just took delivery of my new 07 Triumph 675 yesterday... and have got to say that Sturgess Cycle has got to be one of the best shops around. I found Jamie, Steve and the entire team to be honest, down to earth and ready for help at a moments notice. (They even hooked me up with a great insurance contact!)

This is honestly the first shop, whether auto or bike that I have truly encountered this. I won't hesitate to make the drive from Toronto for all my regular service intervals (yes, I found them that good).

They were very thorough on showing me the bike, operation, accessories, etc. and even delivered the bike to my door. After-words another inspection took place, and still answered any annoying questions I might have had . One thing that jumped out... was that I found a small scratch on the lower part of the right fairing. Fearing for a lengthy battle of wits, they simply took a quick peek and told me a new fairing will be ordered and held for replacement on my first visit, no questions asked!

Again, if your looking for a Triumph (because we all know it's the only bike that matters ) and you want a great shop for all your needs... please take a drive and visit Sturgess, because they really are a pleasure to deal with.

www.sturgessonline.com
    615 King St. West, Hamilton

cheers everyone!

-rj

Re: Sturgess Cycle in Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by giddyup69 View Post
    I just took delivery of my new 07 Triumph 675 yesterday... and have got to say that Sturgess Cycle has got to be one of the best shops around. I found Jamie, Steve and the entire team to be honest, down to earth and ready for help at a moments notice. (They even hooked me up with a great insurance contact!)

This is honestly the first shop, whether auto or bike that I have truly encountered this. I won't hesitate to make the drive from Toronto for all my regular service intervals (yes, I found them that good).

They were very thorough on showing me the bike, operation, accessories, etc. and even delivered the bike to my door. After-words another inspection took place, and still answered any annoying questions I might have had . One thing that jumped out... was that I found a small scratch on the lower part of the right fairing. Fearing for a lengthy battle of wits, they simply took a quick peek and told me a new fairing will be ordered and held for replacement on my first visit, no questions asked!

Again, if your looking for a Triumph (because we all know it's the only bike that matters ) and you want a great shop for all your needs... please take a drive and visit Sturgess, because they really are a pleasure to deal with.

www.sturgessonline.com
    615 King St. West, Hamilton

cheers everyone!

-rj

Congratulations on a stella bike and thanks for the info.

+10000 Have to agree with you. I've always found the guys at Sturgess to be extremely helpful and just a good bunch of guys to talk to. Tyler in parts is a great guy as well (and not a bad racer from what I hear). He gave me a SMOKIN deal on a new Shoei Diabolic last weekend.

Yah I'm pretty happy with them too.. Especially Steve! When I picked up my 955i and my 675 last May, the 955i had a small puncture in the seat, so they ordered me a new one and after a month or so, they swapped it for a new Triumph Gel seat, and let me keep the old one.

Only thing is my 675 had a scratch on the tank, so Jamie and Steve said they would order me a new tank and replace it.. I still haven't recieved it, so that is a little bothersome.. I talked to Steve this morning, and he's getting to the bottom of it today.. but other than that I will go back for my Triumph needs.
    *Burlington/Oakville*

+ 1 on this thread. Although I bought my 675 elsewhere, Jamie and the rest of the gang have always been a great help.

I hear the same thing about these guys. All good, a friend of mine bought a Trumpet a few years ago and say they are tops. I will have to check them out as I need some new gear this season.

cravingmore

Quote Originally Posted by VinSter View Post
    I hear the same thing about these guys. All good, a friend of mine bought a Trumpet a few years ago and say they are tops. I will have to check them out as I need some new gear this season.
    I was in there a couple weeks ago and they had some nice Spike Leather jackets for half price. good time to check them out.

Steve and Tyler are great. I think Steve is the new owner?

Jamie is the owner, Steve is the #2 guy.. as far as I know.
    *Burlington/Oakville*

I bought some stuff from there in their sale last year and they were top notch. Plenty of patience, a good bunch of people.

My brother has a red Daytona 675. My god it's a thing of beauty. Too much bike for me I think, but I've yet to hear anything bad about the bike.

Hamilton (the armpit of southern Ontario)

I've always had nothing but good things to say about Sturgess... thankfully others are starting to become aware of this.

I bought my first bike in 1987 from them and have continued to patronize them over the years. A good dealership with an excellent selection of bikes and accessories.
    2001 Honda CB750 Nighthawk -- back to simplicity, reliability, and ease-of-maintenance

Just wanted to add my two cents, and that's to say I agree that Sturgess is a great place. Went for service there today and pretty much everyone there is friendly and helpful. I was kinda surprised actually - I'm not expecting everyone to be that nice at a dealership, of all places. :P

As an aside, though: man, owning a Triumph is painful at times. Parts are NOT cheap.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post

As an aside, though: man, owning a Triumph is painful at times. Parts are NOT cheap.
    Welcome to the club
    Whatever I just typed was probably meant to be humorous with a tinge of sarcasm, so, please take it that way. It's also not intended as a personal attack, so, don't take it personally. It is afterall, just a semi-anonymous post on the internet.

Miz_cHiEf

+1

those guys are amazing!!!

My buddy had a real bad experiance with them. . . . allow me to explain:

He ordered a graphite Daytona 675 in December of 05. The expected date was March of 06. Come March, they comfirmed that his bike would be in shortly, and he proceded to sell his ninja. April came, along with the nice weather, and his 675 still hasn't arrived. They assured him it would come any day now. May comes and the nice weather is killing him! They told him it was at the border in customs and would be there within the next week or two. Two weeks go by, three weeks go by, four weeks go by and still no bike! June comes and he's ticked. Now they tell him the graphite 675's they won't be able to get anymore till 07 and he has to take a red one or a yellow one. He's not happy. But he takes the red one as that appears to be his only option - even though he put a deposit on a graphite one. So he took the red one. However, a couple months later he goes into Sturgess again for some accessories and notices . . . . . yup, a graphite 675 in their showroom. He was not pleased.
    Last edited by sportbiker_kev; 04-05-2007 at 11:23 AM.
    2009 Hypermotard 1100

Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker_kev View Post
    My buddy had a real bad experiance with them. . . . allow me to explain:

He ordered a graphite Daytona 675 in December of 05. The expected date was March of 06. Come March, they comfirmed that his bike would be in shortly, and he proceded to sell his ninja. April came, along with the nice weather, and his 675 still hasn't arrived. They assured him it would come any day now. May comes and the nice weather is killing him! They told him it was at the border in customs and would be there within the next week or two. Two weeks go by, three weeks go by, four weeks go by and still no bike! June comes and he's ticked. Now they tell him the graphite 675's they won't be able to get anymore till 07 and he has to take a red one or a yellow one. He's not happy. But he takes the red one as that appears to be his only option - even though he put a deposit on a graphite one. So he took the red one. However, a couple months later he goes into Sturgess again for some accessories and notices . . . . . yup, a graphite 675 in their showroom. He was not pleased.
    Well, its a good thing that since you are posting this apparent bad experience for your "buddy", that it is all hearsay.

Even if it did happen, go talk to the manufacturer - its not the dealer's fault if an item is back-ordered - but it becomes their problem. Trying to chase down a part that is supposed to be in transit and make parts appear out of thin air is a real pain at times - I know - I work in the car parts industry, and my OEM manufacturer boasts a 95% parts order fill rate. Customers want everything yesterday, so they can drive their car or ride their bike now now now.

Sturgess has made miracles happen for me when I needed something this past winter and throughout last summer, and made sure that the most important thing was done - located the RIGHT part, ordered the FIRST time. Their service is great.

-Grimmy

If you don't believe me, find the member "Jish" and PM him and ask him yourself. I know it wasn't Sturgess's fault that the bike was backordered, but they should have at least told him that they won't be expecting it for a while - so he didn't sell his current bike, making him bikeless in prime biking weather.

MikeyXX

Yes, good point. If they said it's at customs and it's not. That's not the manufacturers fault. That's a lie. Or if they disbelieve the statement, then they should have done proper customer service and tracked it down as soon as it was a week or so late. Not saying "any day now".

However, it's difficult not to have a bad experience at some point. Businesses should be ranked by their intensions and overall practices. Not a single incident, but repeat occurances.

Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker_kev View Post
    If you don't believe me, find the member "Jish" and PM him and ask him yourself. I know it wasn't Sturgess's fault that the bike was backordered, but they should have at least told him that they won't be expecting it for a while - so he didn't sell his current bike, making him bikeless in prime biking weather.
    Quote Originally Posted by sportbiker_kev
    My buddy had a real...
    Seeing as he is YOUR buddy and all - how about you get him to start a thread describing his problem with Sturgess? I'm guessing some facts are being left out in your rendition.

My money is the bike was ordered, Sturgess was informed "any day now" (such as the manufacturers do OFTEN) and then they too are waiting as well as your friend. Sucks really - but I wouldnt hang Sturgess for something like this. I would put money every dealership in Ontario has this problem at least once a year. Manufacurers don't know the meaning of timely shipping.

I've been a loyal Sturgess customer for some time now and buy ALL my parts through them, a testament to their customer service.

Nites

Jish

sorry for not jumping on this sooner. everything kevbo stated was true. on the same token, some stuff was left out. like the fact that jamie threw in a CF front fender at no cost for my hassles. the main reason i was ticked was cause i felt i was lied to. i figure triumph should've let the dealerships know that there were no graphites getting shipped to canada at the time. if they did, then the dealership should've told me that as soon as they knew, not when the shipment of red and yeller bikes showed up. obviously a month earlier when the shipment left overseas someone knew there were no graphites on board. i'm not sure who was misleading who. all i know is i've got my 675, she's lookin sexy, and very fun to ride!
    cheers,
    Jish