NEW RIDERS/refresher - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NEW RIDERS/refresher

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Section 6

Re: NEW RIDERS/refresher

hey Im a newb at this so excuse the dumb question you guys mentioned a back protector and i ve seen a guy wearing only that downtown is this becuase its doesnt fit under the jacket or because hes a "pro"? And is the padding in the jacket u buy not good enough? finally Im thinking of getting a 09 Hyosung gt 250r any feed back on this bike???

Re: New Riders tips-Buying/Insurance/Gear/Riding

Thanks for the info!!!
    2010 Suzuki GS500F

Please help me reach my goal in raising money for a great cause.
    Here is the link to my Ride For Site page.
    Thank-you =)

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx...onID%3d1326806

For the sake of new riders how about giving yourself a check (just as you would your bike) before you go out for any sort of distance.

Are you angry at your girlfriend/boyfriend? Bad day at work? Need to let off some steam? Don't get on the bike if you aren't in a good mood. Get enough sleep and keep your body hydrated. Your brain won't work properly if its been fed Mcdonalds, 3.5hrs sleep, and a big fight with somebody.

Get a good nights sleep, healthy breakfast, lots of water. Stretch before you go to sleep, stretch before you go riding. And most important of all.. MAKE THE TURN!!
    Last edited by cutekill; 08-19-2009 at 09:26 AM.

Sport Rider - Riding Skill Series

http://www.sportrider.com/ride/RSS/

This site has some good riding tips.
    Durk - 1KRR

RE:Suspension.....Unless you are majorly underweight or overweight you are not going to benfit well enough from a suspension alteration to even bother. Unless of course you are an expert rider and are seeking more performance from your bike. The R&D that goes into all these current motorcycles makes them suitable for any rider from the get go, barring the above mentioned few. Leave the suspension alone, if you can't ride like Nickey Haden, stock settings and other performance will do fine.
    It is what it is...

I have a black belt in anger!

suspension alteration is set to the specific ridder. they say u should always have it adjusted accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post
    RE:Suspension.....Unless you are majorly underweight or overweight you are not going to benfit well enough from a suspension alteration to even bother. Unless of course you are an expert rider and are seeking more performance from your bike. The R&D that goes into all these current motorcycles makes them suitable for any rider from the get go, barring the above mentioned few. Leave the suspension alone, if you can't ride like Nickey Haden, stock settings and other performance will do fine.
    My advice:

The sag should be set to the rider's specific weight. This will allow the suspension to work in it's optimum operating range, (adjustability is usually also a factor of how good the suspension components are, ie. damper-rod fork vs. cartridge-fork). Even a new rider can benefit from proper sag/suspension set-up.

Also, loading the pegs for corning is all fine & dandy, but to steer a motorcycle you turn the bars. Learn the art of counter-steering and pick up some good books: Nick Ienatsch's "Sport Riding Techniques," and Keith Code's "Twist of the Wrist II."

Speaking from experience I strongly disagree. First, what are stock settings and how can one ensure that their bike is set up to these settings? Second, there is more than enough adjustability, at least among SS bikes, that can lead to great instability if not set up correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by You Know View Post