Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Avatars and Signatures

Arrow

Customizing Your Avatar

If you wish to use your own picture as an avatar (the picture under your name) you can do so by signing into GTAMotorcycle and clicking on the user CP (Control Panel). Click on "Edit Avatar" in the left hand menu bar. From here, you can:

Type or paste the URL of the picture into the Option 1 line (photobucket – use the address found on the first line, other photo-hosting sites – use the location line of the properties window).

Or

Click the browse button at the end of the Option 2 line to upload a picture from your computer.

Note: Your avatar must be smaller than 80 by 80 px and less than 6kb. Most photo-editing software programs will allow you to change the picture size.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Adding a picture in your signature line

Sign into GTAMotorcycle and click on the User CP (Control Panel). Next, click on "Edit Signature" in the left hand menu bar. Scroll down until you see the "Signature Picture" box. From here you can:

Type or paste the URL of the picture into the Option 1 line (photobucket – use the address found on the first line, other photo-hosting sites – use the location line of the properties window).

Or

Click the browse button at the end of the Option 2 line to upload a picture from your computer.

Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Signature".

Next, you need to click on the link that says "Insert Signature Picture". Your image will not appear in your signature until you do this. (see attached image below)

~~~~~

Troubleshooting

If the "Insert Signature Picture" link does not appear for you, you can type {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC} into the "Edit Signature" box (replace { and } with [ and ]).

Alternatively, you can change your user interface to "Standard" by choosing "Quick Links" from the top blue menu bar and then "Edit Options". Scroll down to the bottom of the page and change your "Message Editor Interface" to "Standard Editor".

Now go back to User CP and then "Edit Signature". You should now see the link. If not, upload the image again and the link will appear.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 300 by 100 pixels or 29.3KB (whichever is smaller).

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails insert.jpg  
    Last edited by KTracing38; 08-09-2007 at 08:48 PM. Reason: update

Re: Avatars and Signatures

question
    i dont get the link "Insert Signature Picture" after uploading D:
    Amen! Hallelujah! Peanut Butter!
    Current Ride - 89 Katana 600

i went to modify my signature pic, but the site is limiting me to a 150 x 75 pixel image. How can I increase this size back to 300 x 150?
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    i went to modify my signature pic, but the site is limiting me to a 150 x 75 pixel image. How can I increase this size back to 300 x 150?
    Ditto.

Kinda disappointed in this.

As well..

Quote Originally Posted by BusaBob View Post
    Same here

Banned

you cant cause its set by the forum. the admins prob changed it.

Somewhere between Eden Mills/Guelph, Ontario and Toronto.

I see no one has posted in here since 09 but anyway... is there a way to get Fuelly signature pics into my signature?

2009 Candy Plasma Blue Ninja 650R (has a cup holder)|Mods: Passenger foot peg flip up cup holder; ER6N grab bars; Grab bar sliders; Woodcraft swingarm spools; '09 fairing vibe fix; Thick weather stripping under seat; SportBars; Ninja650Shop.com no-cut sliders.|Upcoming: Fork sliders; Extended swingarm spools; Bar-end mirrors; HIDs with projectors.
    1987 Red Porsche 944 N/A (no cup holder)|Stock.
    1997 Black SAAB 900 SE 2.0 Turbo (1 cup holder)|Stock.

I feel like a bit of a moron, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to edit my signature any more. I can edit everything else, but I can't find anything to click on in order to edit just the sig.
    2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

2008 HD Sportster XL1200L
    2006 Ninja 650R
    1982 Honda CB125S
    2000 Suzuki GZ250
    2001 Tomos Targa

My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"

So I uploaded my sig picture no problem, but when I click the "Insert Signature Picture" button nothing happens. Any ideas? Not sure what more I can do besides clicking the button. I even tried deleting all text from my sig and it still wouldn't insert the picture.
    -Dave
    2003 SV650S track bike, 2001 CBR929RR street bike

Quote Originally Posted by doozerdave View Post
    So I uploaded my sig picture no problem, but when I click the "Insert Signature Picture" button nothing happens. Any ideas? Not sure what more I can do besides clicking the button. I even tried deleting all text from my sig and it still wouldn't insert the picture.
    Maybe try using another web browser? This editor is a little wonky.
    Also, are you uploading from your computer or a website. There's two options.

Quote Originally Posted by shoe View Post
    Maybe try using another web browser? This editor is a little wonky.
    Also, are you uploading from your computer or a website. There's two options.
    I uploaded from my computer (tried the URL option and it failed with some sort of file write error), and the image shows up in the box, so it's definitely okay size wise. I've tried Firefox 3.6.10 and Internet Exploder 7.0.
    -Dave

Is your pic within spec?

"Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 250 by 100 pixels or 97.7 KB (whichever is smaller)."

Yes, as I said the image uploaded fine and is displayed in the "Your Current Signature Picture" box. FYI, the new size limit is 100x50 or 97.7kB. Mine is 100x49 and only 40kB.
    -Dave

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...is-not-working

Seems to be a bug in V-bulletin 4.1.4, which GTAM seems to be using.
    Have you tried inserting the picture into the signature area like you do in a regular post?

BBCode for images is turned off for sigs... I even tried html image link, no good...
    -Dave

Works for me.

Edit: I removed the test pic from my sig so it doesn't show now but it was there.

I have all permissions except HTML. Could this be a setting you can toggle

This may be because I have site supporter access.
    Maybe you should contact a mod or admin to find out if this is why.
    Last edited by shoe; 07-23-2011 at 09:39 PM.