Stolen bike registry

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stolen bike registry

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Stolen bike registry

http://www.stolen-bike.com/

The admin of another motorcycle forum I frequent (EX-500.COM) had his CBR stolen, so he created this over the past weekend. Figured I'd help spread the word. Maybe it'll help somebody

Moderator Moderator lil red bird's Avatar

Re: Stolen bike registry

Mental health who needs it?There is a reason you never see motorcycles infront of a therapists office.

Absolutely brilliant idea.
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600 K8

Thumbs up Re: Stolen bike registry

awsome to prevent purchasing a stolen bike, great idea

Excellent Idea

or u can just use the UVIP which is more accurate and has a bigger database.

Quote Originally Posted by iamslow View Post
    Oh - and stolen-bike.com is free, and convenient because you can do it from your home or office, unlike locating a kiosk, or waiting in line at the MTO. Kudos to Stolen-bike.com!

Nites

Quote Originally Posted by iamslow View Post
    Up until recently there was some sort of loophole or weakness in the UVIP system, where somehow stolen bikes were brought in from Quebec, and were legitimately registered - for a period of time, til discovered. The true crooks were long gone before that happened to a hapless owner of a bike, now out his cash AND bike.

Every little bit helps, if it raises awareness/alarm in a potential bad bike or parts transaction. More easily accessable, the better.
    '99 Suzuki Bandit 1200 - '88 Hannigan Comet chair

Good Ideal

That company has no relation to my case. I actually spoke to the guys who were washing my building and the company name was "Under Pressure"

melissamlt

On Monday, August 21. My Honda cbr was stolen out of my friends carport. It was locked up. They cut the cable and popped the ignition.
    The Bike is an 05 black tribal 600rr
    It has:
    -TwoBros undertail exhaust
    -HID headlights
    -Integrated Tail light turn signals
    -flushmount front turn signals
    -fender eliminated
    -lowered 1"

one thing is that it has no rear passenger pegs but it still has the passenger seat on it.

The bike was stolen from the south-east end of town, highbury and commissioners area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0712081155.jpg   0712081154.jpg   0712081154a.jpg   0712081154b.jpg  

skylinegtr34

You guys better try locking it up on a post or something. It's bad that bikes are always stolen. We wouldn't have to work if we keep on stealing each other's bikes would we. So many criminals in this town.

D-Rider

Kawi 2003 ZX6RR.....stolen from Carport in Georgetown.
    i want it back i have a lot put into it....time and money.
    Doesn't pay to have nice things some times!!

2007 Honda CBR 600 RR stolen, captured on video.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D96QM-lzLM8

I did not expect this at all.

I think all of us if we see these kind of activities on streets when some guys drag some bike to a van/truck or something, we should right away write down the licence plate numbers of the van/truck of interest and then inform the police immediately on the spot.
    Last edited by RyanK; 11-06-2008 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    I think all of us if we see these kind of activities on streets when some guys drag some bike to a van/truck or something, we should right away write down the licence plate numbers of the van/truck of interest and then inform the police immediately on the spot.
    Definitely,

Quote Originally Posted by RyanK View Post
    That isn't enough. If they have stolen plates on the van what use is that?
    Personally, having had my bike stolen, I wouldn't mind getting in the face of someone I think was stealing a bike. Asking for pink papers if not ownership. Sure, you'll come across a like a jerk to the guy who's just moving his bike, but you might just be helping a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by adri View Post
    That isn't enough. If they have stolen plates on the van what use is that?
    Personally, having had my bike stolen, I wouldn't mind getting in the face of someone I think was stealing a bike. Asking for pink papers if not ownership. Sure, you'll come across a like a jerk to the guy who's just moving his bike, but you might just be helping a brother.
    What do you mean, stolen plates. They stole tmas' 1992 van. What do you think they are going to use it for.
    Most of these losers are carrying weapons and are into heavy drugs so if you are not going to kill them from a distance then it is best to stay away and call the cops.
    When you want something done in the worst way, that's usually the way it is implimented... in the worst way.

Angry Re: Stolen bike registry

Hope someone can help with this one it a big loss. http://www.canmocycle.ca/stolen.htm

On Friday, May 15th, my garage was broken into and my three motorcycles were stolen.

Two of them were 2007 Honda CRF230F's:
    the first was serial # 9C2ME09267R200470
    and the second was serial # 9C2ME09227R200501.

The third bike was a 2008 KTM XCF-W 250 and the serial # was VBKRFA4098M111090.

Each of the Honda's had the baffles removed from the exhausts, had all of the reflectors stripped off of them, had four holes drilled in the top of the rear fender to mount the offroad plate to and had those cheap plastic hand protectors (red) installed.

The KTM was street plated and had a headlight and taillight installed, as well as a KTM Skid Plate and KTM Bark Busters - it was almost new (less than 10 hours on it).

The thieves also took my three helmets, four pairs of boots and other MX gear.

I want my bikes back and will pay a $2000 reward, no questions asked, to anyone who can help me get them back.