After an Accident: Understanding the Claims Process - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: After an Accident: Understanding the Claims Process

Banned

Re: After an Accident: Understanding the Claims Process

Claims process... lmao. My bike was stolen 2 years ago, made a claim with State Farm. Recieven registered mail within 4 days of the claim cancelling my policy. Insurance is a cashgrabbing joke. Record profits?? Such a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieBoy View Post
    Claims process... lmao. My bike was stolen 2 years ago, made a claim with State Farm. Recieven registered mail within 4 days of the claim cancelling my policy. Insurance is a cashgrabbing joke. Record profits?? Such a joke.
    Numerous people on this board have had they're claims paid by the same company. Why were they cancelling the policy?

Quote Originally Posted by NewfieBoy View Post
    Look up State Farm's "record-breaking profits" from last year.
    I'm an Actuarial Analyst for a Major Canadian Insurance Company. I analyse claims patterns to determine overall rate changes, as well as relative premium differences by various risk characteristics (eg. age, experience, claims, convictions, usage, etc.)

Unless it's private, please post insurance-related questions in the forum rather than sending me a PM.

Current: 2001 Suzuki GSXR1000 (4th Season)
    Previous: 1996 Honda VFR750F (4 Seasons)
    Previous: 1998 Kawasaki Ninja EX250 (3 Seasons)

Quote Originally Posted by CruisnGrrl View Post
    Having being just hit some things that were in my tank bag were damaged, namely my camera and phone. I wasn't at fault, I'd like to know if these things are covered.

Your contents are covered to the degree you're not at fault.

So, if for example you are 25% not at fault and the actual cash value of your camera is $100, you will be paid $25 for the camera.

You are also covered for the loss of use of the contents.

Lets say your golf clubs were damaged in an accident. You were 50% not at fault. You were playing golf that day and had to rent clubs at a cost of $100. You can be reimbursed $50 for the rental clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Regarding the complaint section there is another place you can call and file a complaint, if they feel it's valid they will put you in contact with the obnesman who deals the insurance company, and he will put forth your complaint with clout.
    Do you have the contact information for the Ombudsperson??
    ~=Big Daddy of the Dope Dragons MC=~

'05 Blue&Silver Hayabusa

Quote Originally Posted by VifferFun View Post
    FYI, the Fault Determination Rules used by Insurance Companies are created and enforced by the Government. You can view the Fault Determination Rules online:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_900668_e.htm
    Nicer PDF version. HERE

Google view for those that don't want to load browser plugin. HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by toysareforboys View Post
    My neurosurgeon said "If I had 9 lives, I've used up 8"... when I showed up to one of my post accident follow up appointments on my new bike, he looked at it out the window and said "Remember, what I told you about your 9 lives? ... that'll use up the last one!"