McBride Cycle Closing - Page 2

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: McBride Cycle Closing

they get what they dish out treat people like **** will lose business let alone raping people on prices that they do not perform.

Quote Originally Posted by kuzals
    I bought my first bike from them. Sad to hear that they're closing.
    I tried to buy my first bike from them, but they were jackasses. Sad to hear that there's one fewer motorcycle store in Toronto. Not sad to hear that they're closing. Maybe RC will become a dealership? Aren't those McBride's related?

--- D

Quote Originally Posted by AdRath
    exactly... I would love to buy and support locally when I can but when the price difference is a couple hundred on many items I just can't justify the support.
    Good luck trying on those leathers online!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by invictus43
    exactly... I would love to buy and support locally when I can but when the price difference is a couple hundred on many items I just can't justify the support.
    Good luck trying on those leathers online!!
    I wasn't talking about leathers dude. I was talking about tires and helmets and other gear where I know my size and I know what fits. Besides if I was so inclined I could try a suit on and find my size then order it. I think doing that is underhanded but I could. so no luck needed sorry.

I wasn't talking about leathers dude. I was talking about tires and helmets and other gear where I know my size and I know what fits. Besides if I was so inclined I could try a suit on and find my size then order it. I think doing that is underhanded but I could. so no luck needed sorry.
    I wasn't being specific. My point is, if you buy online, when you really need something locally there will be few places to buy it. But really, I have no idea whey they're closing and it may be completely unrelated to this. I'm just ragging on online buyers who use local places for fitting then spend their money elsewhere. Nothing personal.
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

of course that is why I said it would be slimy to do that but it can be done. I was more reffering to things I know my size in. Helmets being number one... no reason why I should feel obligated to pay hundreds more for local overpriced stuff. I support local merch retailers who treat me good with fair prices like 55degreez or topendz both have been really nice and with the 55 boys they talk to you not down to you like I find most dealerships do. (I said most not all save the flaming for later)

Sure everyone gripes about their sales and service but the parts department was second to none. Oh well, another great shop joining the ranks of Brooklyn Cycle, Brampton Cycle, Zdeno etc. Insurance is killing our sport.
    "I got a new spleen from a guy who liked to ride motorcycles". Fry, Futurama

My bike is a video star! youtube.com/watch?v=Ju9caIDWQ40

So that means there wil be blow out prices this weekend??

Quote Originally Posted by jemberlin
    man, i don't think there are any other authorized suzuki dealers in the city. i don't want to have to take my bike to the 9-0-5 to get it fixed
    Hey, we pay for all the overruns from the 416!

Most "authorized dealers" charge too much anyway!
    o~`o
    VSRI #1930
    The most common problem with motorcycles is the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle.

Wow, I'm surprised to hear that such a large dealer is going under. Keep any deals posted please. Looking for stands and rain gear.
    Support the fine arts, shoot a Rapper.

Quote Originally Posted by jemberlin
    man, i don't think there are any other authorized suzuki dealers in the city. i don't want to have to take my bike to the 9-0-5 to get it fixed
    Cycle World is an authorised Suzuki Service and Parts store, both stores are in the 416. Less one competitor and their overpriced products just got more expensive.

This truly sucks large. Another store closing is not good at all. Coincidentally the service at Brampton Cycle, McBrides and Zdeno were sub par (never used Brooklyn Cycle) so I don't think that it is all on the insurance companies. Cruisers are not being hard hit, it is the Sport Bike crowd that is taking it in the ***** by the insurance companies.

$400.00 for a used tank at Zdeno PALEEZE!!

All said stores sold cruisers and the associated gear and mods too. I would think high prices and lack of service was the downfall of these companies before I blame the insuarance racket - they are F'ers though don't get me wrong!!.

No wonder everyone says to go to ebay. I hate buying online but the stores have got to get with it. Service the shiate out of your customers and offer FAIR prices. Not to much to ask is it?

good riddance.

So who'll lend me about a million to start a PROPER triumph dealership?

I stopped at McBride's today to check out the price of a new battery. Their web site says they are open to 7pm... but I've been calling all day and all lines are busy or not answering... and when I got there at 5:30pm they were all locked up. There was a sign on the door saying they're closed for "inventory" Sept 6th and 7th.

So I kept going West on Dundas and got the battery at Cycle World West.

Bit

doesnt say anything on there site about closing.

i think that 'inventory' is the creditors getting what they can....
    where's the wind?!

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360
    doesnt say anything on there site about closing.
    Did it say anything on the Brampton Cycle site about THEM closing? Nope. This is the first I've heard of it. I could see that they might have had trouble separating themselves from their past.
    Morally Ambiguous (submissions welcome)

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Re: McBride Cycle Closing

Quote Originally Posted by ontariowoodsman
    I hear from staff that McBride Cycle is closing it's doors.
    woooooo hooooooo
    KODMONKY When you're Happy and you know it...SMILE

Watch for 3 more large Honda stores to lose their franchises..Honda wants the car dealers to sell the bikes as well...I heard Hully Gully and Blackfoot are on the block..we"ll see.....

dm3000
    Anyone knows when we all come to get some deals on leftovers?

Finally!......what took so long???.....
    V
    "The person who works with his hands is a laborer; the person that
    works
    with his hands and his head is an artisan; the person who works with
    his
    hands, his head and his heart is a member of the UA"

PlumberButt~Mississauga