Hello All :) Hoping To Ride Some Day

Thread: Hello All :) Hoping To Ride Some Day

Hello All :) Hoping To Ride Some Day

Hey guys! I'm David and I'm from the Scarborough area. I've always had a fascination with motorcycles. I'm starting to feel that I want to learn to ride a bike and all. I stumbled upon this site and that it would be a good idea to join and get all the info I need here. I hope to get myself onto a bike sooner rather than later. I just wanted to introduce myself and hope to have a good learning experience on the site Thanks guys.

Re: Hello All :) Hoping To Ride Some Day

bikes are great fun ^_^ should get one xD

welcome to the site. you should definitely get your license and get booked into a riding course

good luck!

Hey there. Welcome to the site. For when you do get a bike, ride safe, and I would also strongly recommend getting your M1 and booking a course at Humber or Any other place that does Canada Safety Council approved courses (Learning Curves is also good from what I heard)

Make sure to buy or borrow some gear for the course. As a general rule, no skin allowed. So you need a DOT helmet, jacket, boots, at least denim jeans and gloves (gauntlet style usually) that extend past the wrist.

Then do your course and get your cert and M2 papers. When you've had your license for a minimum of 60 but no more than 90 days, go to a drive test center for your M2 which will be given to you when you trade in your course papers.

Find a suitable bike to start with. Stay away from super sports models to save on insurance and learn on a less nervous bike. I'd recommend a 250-400 cc street bike- or 400-650 cruiser. Stick with sport touring or cruiser models for best deals on insurance.

When you're ready shop for insurance and then buy your first bike. Have a blast - and remember 1) shiny side up 2) rubber side down 3) wave!

hope it helps.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I was thinking of getting my license and all this year. I'm thinking probably a Ninja 250r. But I have a question guys. I am a relatively short guy. I am only 165cm tall. Would I have any problems riding a bike at all? That is one thing that I am worried about.

You should be just fine. In fact the ninja is a commonly lowered bike and will easily go down an inch or two to accommodate a shorter rider. It's what I ride and I wouldn't trade it for the world. Of course that is until I'm ready to upgrade

Thanks man! At my height, would I be able to ride any 'regular' bike?

Welcome to the forum and good luck. Cheers

No problem. I don't see a problem in that. But keep in mind you may have to find a shop to lower a ninja for you if that's what you go with. However you can find many lady driven bikes on kijiji that already have a lowering kit installed. Cheers.

Hi everybody, I am rider converted from writer, I am a writer and writing about rides and bikes compelled me to have my own!! So here I am.....hoping to contribute good and have good from this forum

welcome to site....cheers