LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

Re: LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

Quote Originally Posted by nesobriquet View Post
    Stock Ducati's are well known to have tall gearing. This is done to meet exhaust db levels and emissions for import to this country. Because of this, rear wheel horsepower numbers are prone to having a greater disconnect with crank hp comparatively with inline 4's. .
    The 1198 has extremely short gearing for a big bike actually.
    Can you please explain the disconnect again?

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    who cares about reported bhp from different dynos on bikes you will never own...? Are you going to write Ducati an angry letter?
    To drive the point home.
    There is no planet B.

Quote Originally Posted by murf View Post
    The 1198 has extremely short gearing for a big bike actually.
    Can you please explain the disconnect again?
    I wasn't referring to the ratios between the cogs. I thought that was obvious with the context of my post.

Who cares as mmnaked mention the HP is at the crank, which is different at the wheel on a dyno, plus there is more than enough HP for any one in this forum unless someone needs more for their weekly ride to the Tim Hortons meetup

Quote Originally Posted by Wingboy View Post
    OMG,they lied? That's it,i'll sell my Duc's and buy SV's to save my soul.

I might do the same LOL

The "claimed" 195 HP was from a pre production bench test. Whatever the actual WHP numbers are, they will always vary depending on what dyno, what altitude and what temp. Hell, humidity will effect it. There is another dyno run that said it made 180 whp so what are you going to believe, of for that matter why would you give a ****? Throw the Termi exhaust kit on and tune it enough any you will probably make 195 at the wheel

Here is the original dyno chart, again, pre production bike.

OP do you own an RR? Do people ask you why it looks like a flatfish?

Do you get tired of people asking you when it will win a WSBK round?

I mean, it has so much HP. Shouldn't it be real world fast?

Quote Originally Posted by boarder360 View Post
    who cares about bhp on bikes you don't own...? Are you going to write Ducati an angry letter?
    Heehee..shhh..don't interrupt the food fight!!
    "We must make an idol of our fear, and call it god." - Antonius Block

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrocks View Post
    b/c BMW always underrates their engines (unlike Ducati)the 1st version of the N54 engine makes well over 330bhp at the crank, they choose to only claim 300bhpsame with the new N20 2.0L twin scroll, makes over 220whp, but they choose to only claim 240bhpseriously, Ducati should take a good look at itself and ask "really, does my engine really makes 195hp at the crank?"btw 1199's track time is about 2s off from the s1000rr, according to the latest MCN shootout
    http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...s-at-a-glance/

Care to share the link where MCN posted their shootout review? I know they usually publish on Thursdays, so I am assuming you have a copy of last Thursdays UK issued paper right? Or access to it? As far as the web site is concerned they haven't revealed the results yet.

Shoot outs should be hitting the magazine racks within 3 to 4 weeks, when the magazines can get their hands on a few demo models. At the moment, the reviews from the odd private outing are streaming through as well as the generic Canadian-mag style of regurgitating everything everyone else has said from the Abu Dhabi launch.

All reviews have been positive...oh and take a look at the out-of-the-box spanking the S1000R and the ZX10R got this past Sunday in the Superstock league, the Panigale taking its first win in just its 3rd race, finishing 3rd in the first 2 races (of its existence!!!!)

There is at least 3 years of BMW development and tuning getting spanked by an out-of-the-box Panigale with mediocre riders on it.

Quote Originally Posted by D23 View Post
    Do you get tired of people asking you when it will win a WSBK round?

I mean, it has so much HP. Shouldn't it be real world fast?
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    For years I rode a Ninja and watched it get mangled in every race in WSBK and MotoGP. They placed well in the odd fluke wet weather race but generally street bikes have little relation to race performance. But yes I used to get real tired of Ninjas running in the back of the pack. Even when the gen 3 ZX10R and Vermulen were supposed to lead their WSBK charge, it fizzled shamefully.

It took Kawi nearly 10 years of talking game, to get a consistent podium bike now....yet it is ugly as hell and nowhere to be seen on the streets!

Other gorgeous street bikes have next to zero track presence: KTM RC8, MV Agusta.

The Beamer...hmmm...questionable looks and questionable race track performance. But it looks great on the dyno!

The Panigale however has stunning yet elegant looks, immediate proven track results (World Superstock, next year to be in WSBK), and a wack load of Timmy's and street cred! Hehehe

Don't forget, the Beamer struggled with a soft, inefficient tire shredding chassis for nearly 2 years in WSBK, keeping it as a mid pack bike at best! The Beamer has always had an over developed engine which the frame couldn't properly tame. Upon launch, BMW admitted the engine has much more potential but that they would save that for future development of the model. They have had about 3 years of tweaking the chassis and components to get the power to the ground without killing tires and not just setting a 1 off quick lap.

That being said, even the best club racer in our region wont be putting more than 8 laps down and probably can't push the bike hard enough to find faults in the chassis. And no street rider will ever top out the HP on the road! It's all about bragging rights, a pissing contest, admit it.

However I do find it amazing that anyone gets that heavy BMW around the track faster than an Aprilia. I have a feeling it is due to a superior TC system, which knocks 2 seconds off any amateur's lap times easily.
    Last edited by awyala; 05-09-2012 at 10:54 AM.