LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

164.4whp.....claimed 195bhp, haha, yeah righthttp://www.motorcycle-usa.com/12/1453/4/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/Ducati-1199-Panigale-Horsepower-Torque.aspxstill ~20whp down from the King!

Re: LMAO@ Ducati 1199's dyno number

why lmao? whp is always less than bhp

This is the funny partucati should stop claiming it has the most powerful engine of all superbikes, cause clearly it does not!They should learn from BMW, always underrate their engines for both car+bikes
    Quote Originally Posted by SkyRider View Post

Uh, that's what I was telling myself...not sure what the OP is going on about...

E.g. My Mustang stock was claimed at 300 "bhp", but in truth churned out around 250rwhp...

Hp takes into account parasitic loss from all the components, whereas "bhp" is the claimed number.

Last edited by dr_sarcasm; 05-08-2012 at 05:47 PM.
    Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

thanks bud

see post #4, obviously whp < bhp with about 10-15% powertrain loss

Quote Originally Posted by dr_sarcasm View Post
    Hp takes into account parasitic loss from all the components, whereas "bhp" is the claimed number.

i wonder how bmw reduces the parasitic loss in the s1000rr to so little. it has 193 bhp, and whp is like 185. losing 8 hp. while the 1199 loses 30hp

Quote Originally Posted by arsenalrocks View Post
    see post #4, obviously whp < bhp with about 10-15% powertrain loss
    So...uh...then what is it you're gloating about in your first post then, given you seem to be rational enough to make the distinction?

Peeing in the gene pool...

Quote Originally Posted by RockerGuy View Post
    I have a feeling she might gut me while I sleep and make love to my organs in a bathtub
    DISCLAIMER: This forum requires thick skin. I will not be held accountable for your inability to take internet sarcasm, but I might be held accountable for your mom walking bow legged this morning...

b/c BMW always underrates their engines (unlike Ducati)the 1st version of the N54 engine makes well over 330bhp at the crank, they choose to only claim 300bhpsame with the new N20 2.0L twin scroll, makes over 220whp, but they choose to only claim 240bhpseriously, Ducati should take a good look at itself and ask "really, does my engine really makes 195hp at the crank?"btw 1199's track time is about 2s off from the s1000rr, according to the latest MCN shootout
    i wonder how bmw reduces the parasitic loss in the s1000rr to so little. it has 193 bhp, and whp is like 185. losing 8 hp. while the 1199 loses 30hp

164.4whp.....claimed 195bhp, haha, yeah righthttp://www.motorcycle-usa.com/12/1453/4/Motorcycle-Blog-Post/Ducati-1199-Panigale-Horsepower-Torque.aspxstill ~20whp down from the King!
    Magazines don't consistently use the same dyno setup for testing bikes. I found on that site alone, one dyno figure for the S1000RR at 175rwhp, and another at 183rwhp. If you're comparing bikes, it pretty much has to be from the same article.
    1996 Kawasaki ZX11D - "When I'm on the road, I'm indestructible. No one can stop me ... but they try."

"really, does my engine really makes 195hp at the crank?"
    you do realize that the advertised horsepower is based on numbers from an ENGINE dyno right? The 195hp is measured brake horsepower... it's a real number. There isn't a manufacturer in the world which advertises wheel horsepower.

In BMWs case they simply under-report their brake horsepower, or use some different method of measure.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

good point, but they did compare the 1199 whp# to the 1198's, on the same dynoand 1199 only gained 14whp over the previous modelI am not sure even the +14whp is enough to beat the zx-10r, which is the wildly considered the 2nd most powerful engine behind BMW.
    Quote Originally Posted by TwistedKestrel View Post
    Magazines don't consistently use the same dyno setup for testing bikes. I found on that site alone, one dyno figure for the S1000RR at 175rwhp, and another at 183rwhp. If you're comparing bikes, it pretty much has to be from the same article.

good point, but they did compare the 1199 whp# to the 1198's, on the same dynoand 1199 only gained 14whp over the previous modelI am not sure even the +14whp is enough to beat the zx-10r, which is the wildly considered the 2nd most powerful engine behind BMW.
    "only" 14whp

Did anybody really think a twin was gonna beat the inline 4s for peak horsepower? Noobs.
    all my posts are serious; internet is serious business

Yes Rossi. I see your point. I am actually laughing at the 84.55lb-ft of torque measured at the wheel from this powerful, fearful L-twin.I think the s1000rr's peak torque is close to 80lb-ft....
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmnaked View Post
    "only" 14whp Did anybody really think a twin was gonna beat the inline 4s for peak horsepower? Noobs.

Torque is really more a function of displacement... where the torque happens is a little more up to geometry and other factors...

All this jibber-jabber about hp this, torque that....... BMW isn't even the highest acclaimed power-maker in the super-sport bike world.... MV Agusta's F4RR claims 201hp measured at the countershaft sprocket.

Google is your friend.

who cares about bhp on bikes you don't own...? Are you going to write Ducati an angry letter?
    2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 - Current
    2004 Suzuki GS500F - Sold

Stock Ducati's are well known to have tall gearing. This is done to meet exhaust db levels and emissions for import to this country. Because of this, rear wheel horsepower numbers are prone to having a greater disconnect with crank hp comparatively with inline 4's. That said, seat-of-the-pants feel in how that hp is exploited will always be distinctly different between those two performance tuned engine configurations regardless of what the actual dyno numbers reveal.

OMG,they lied? That's it,i'll sell my Duc's and buy SV's to save my soul.
    "If ya want me,I'll be in the bar"
    Ric Waterloo

1800 Goldwing
    2009 1100S Hypermotard (for sale)
    944 Ducati track the "Blueberry Muffin"