Practise M1 exit test Anyone?

Thread: Practise M1 exit test Anyone?

Practise M1 exit test Anyone?

I have a test on the 18th in Oshawa. I was wondering if anyone is in the same situation and would like to meet up to practise the test together. Let me know ASAP so we can set a time and a date. Any info on the Oshawa test center would be appreciated. Also are there any videos detailing the Test? If not, why not make one for everyone and put it online while we are at it. I can use the parking lot of the place i work at on Saturday any time to setup the test and we can practise.

Re: Practise M1 exit test Anyone?

There is not much to make a video for. It is the serpintine and a couple left hand turns at an intersection for the most part.
    The layout of the test is in the back of the MTO motorcycle handbook.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

Quote Originally Posted by jeffjones View Post
    There is not much to make a video for. It is the serpintine and a couple left hand turns at an intersection for the most part.
    The layout of the test is in the back of the MTO motorcycle handbook.
    What about the screeching brake before the line and all. I am just wanting to be cautious, that's all, making sure i pass it on the 1st attempt

Quote Originally Posted by Freak View Post
    What about the screeching brake before the line and all. I am just wanting to be cautious, that's all, making sure i pass it on the 1st attempt
    Just practice braking in a straight line from about 30-40km/hr.
    2001 CBR F4i

" they say at 100mph water feels like concrete ,so you can imagine what concrete feels like " - Nicky Hayden

I just did it in Clinton last Friday, I did practice the serpentine, and hard braking but it turned out I sure as hell didn't have to. There was myself and one young guy that was on a Harley that didn't put a foot down or run over any cones, and all six of us moved on to the road part. But give you a rundown, it is the same order as in the book, walk your bike in a figure 8, then do the serpentine there and back, (now don't go too slow, a little quicker and it will be much easier without any deductions) then slow down the centre of the pylons then fast back and brake, now the tester I had preferred us not to skid as I have read some want you to skid, but they will give you the opportunity to ask any and all questions before you start and there is nothing wrong with asking that. Once you do these, it takes all of 3 to 5 minutes, and you pass he will tell you to go park and wait for everyone else too finish. We all passed this part even though some of the guys were just brutal!
    Next we drove to a small parking lot at the main intersection of the town we were in and one at a time he gave us instructions as to where he wanted us to go and as the other posted said, make a left in an intersection (make sure you are in the proper tire track) and then go through some back streets and back to the main intersection from the opposite direction and again make a left in the intersection, again make sure you are in the proper tire track and remember as the one guy that failed, pedestrians have the right of way, even if they just stepped out.
    But it was very easy, and as I said, only one out of 6 of us failed.

Good luck and don't stress, it was very easy.

Here are some parking lot exercises that can help you and everyone for tests and just plain riding

http://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/I_want_...es_can_I_do%3F
    Here is where I put my signature!!

2012 Candy Green Kawasaki 250cc
    2000 Black Honda Rebel 250cc - Sold