It's TRUE, CAGERS are out to get you ! not just in Cali

Thread: It's TRUE, CAGERS are out to get you ! not just in Cali

Talking It's TRUE, CAGERS are out to get you ! not just in Cali

http://jalopnik.com/5908329/study-pr...tag=car-safety

Definitely worth a read and a chuckle. Now i wish lane splitting was legal in ON.

( PS: Back on the forum after a long hiatus. A lot of catching up to do )

Re: It's TRUE, CAGERS are out to get you ! not just in Cali

After riding in Korea I got used to both filtering and lane splitting. I don't think splitting would work here; too many clueless drivers who would take out bikes on a daily basis. Filtering, on the other hand, is much safer for motorbikes than sitting at the back and possibly getting rear ended. But then you'd have the issue of immature drivers getting angry at motorbikes for "cutting in line".

Lane splitting here would not work, drivers generally are too competitive, the "ME First Attitude" and its way too easy to get a license of any kind here, and considered a right rather than a privilege.

While European riders get to do this because the climate there is one of co-operation and the idea that bikes take up less space (more space for cars) and the faster a biker can get to his destination and off the road, the more space is available for cars.

But lane splitting is only allowed if the vehicles you are passing are traveling at 40 kph or less and your speed is not more than 20 kph more.

France is the only exception which allowed this for decades but banned it about 2 years ago.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.

the majority of folks in the GTA pack it in once the temp drops below the double digits, so for 6 months a year, drivers rarely see a bike on the road...and most folks look at us as a menace anyways...lane splitting is nice but i would only attempt it if traffic was almost at a standstill...filtering would be nice though, cars don't move like bikes and it would be nice to help ease the congestion...you are gonna get those aggressive drivers, but you'll find them anywhere...

Quote Originally Posted by jonpurdy View Post
    After riding in Korea I got used to both filtering and lane splitting. I don't think splitting would work here; too many clueless drivers who would take out bikes on a daily basis. Filtering, on the other hand, is much safer for motorbikes than sitting at the back and possibly getting rear ended. But then you'd have the issue of immature drivers getting angry at motorbikes for "cutting in line".
    Taiwan, China, Hong Kong, Japan you name it. They all do it. However, the traffic control via government there is no where near as strict as ours so people end up with instincts and common sense...
    As for here, -__-

Great read, but I'm in no way surprised that the majority of those questioned are unfamiliar with the rules of the road.