First 30 Days Most Dangerous - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First 30 Days Most Dangerous

Re: First 30 Days Most Dangerous

Quote Originally Posted by polskachick View Post
    There are the bikers that have gone down and there are the bikers that will go down... That is all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    I'd like to think that not every single biker has to go down in their riding career. Many do but there's a few on this site that have never gone down and hopefully never will.

2011 CBR250R
    2008 CBR125R (Enjoyed...sold...not forgotten)

Quote Originally Posted by polskachick View Post
    There are the bikers that have gone down and there are the bikers that will go down... That is all.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Glad that's all you have to add, I'm guessing the person that passed on this wealth of knowledge to you has been down.

Quote Originally Posted by dricked View Post
    Glad that's all you have to add, I'm guessing the person that passed on this wealth of knowledge to you has been down.
    I'll assume that you didn't intend for your response to sound so demeaning.

There has been a common thread here that we can all agree on. That a healthy dose of paranoia makes one a safer more alert rider.

A statement like "There are the bikers that have gone down and there are the bikers that will go down..." fosters that. Those of you who manage to stay upright. Kudos, for the rest of us, it's true.

We can perhaps agree that there is increased risk of a collision in an Urban area such as the GTA, so the likelihood of a collision for Guimmente would increase if he chose to relocate to Toronto as opposed to West Grey. Wonderings rides a BMW, not known for a racing reputation until recently, so I would assume he chooses a more sedate ride, perhaps a sport touring focus as opposed to riding a race replica.

We can see how personal choice and their acceptance of a certain level of risk may contribute to a perfect riding record. Insurance companies agree that type of motorcycle and geographical region are factors in collisions.

Once again, if we introduce a healthy paranoia in ALL riders, we would hope they would be more alert to the dangers of road riding.

Ride Reports and other drivel
    '08 Suzuki DR650E
    '04 Kawasaki KLR 685 (For Sale)
    '05 Honda VFR800a Interceptor (SOLD)

'01 Suzuki Bandit GSF600s (what the deer left of it)
    '94 Suzuki GS500E (SOLD)
    MC Instructor www.LearningCurves.ca

I loved my training at RTI, but had I read Ronnie's posts here before I started riding, I would have chosen Learning Curves.

Sage advice Rotten Ronnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Darwin View Post
    I loved my training at RTI, but had I read Ronnie's posts here before I started riding, I would have chosen Learning Curves.

Sage advice Rotten Ronnie.
    I appreciate the plug, but I should remove that learning curves signature and post "your mileage may vary" as it's personal opinion based on experience.

Every second you are on a bike is the most dangerous, until the next one....as the idiots come out of nowhere, all the time.....at least that's how I look at.

"I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird." FZ

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    — Dr. Seuss

KELOWNA 09 'The big wet one..'

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    We can perhaps agree that there is increased risk of a collision in an Urban area such as the GTA, so the likelihood of a collision for Guimmente would increase if he chose to relocate to Toronto as opposed to West Grey.
    True enogh. However, I do commute a 174km round trip down two major highways every day I take the bike. There are all kinds of variables to cover individual situations, but as you, me and others have already (more or less) stated, there is a) no substitute for proper road based training courses and b) a greater chance of long term survival if one always rides paranoid.
    Mike "Gummiente" Palmer
    '07 H-D Road Glide

Loud Pipes Ruin Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten_Ronnie View Post
    Good for you.

Some of you will go on to have a collision and no longer be able to claim a perfect record.

My riding record went to pieces because of an animal that jumped onto the highway in one bound. Was it luck? In experience? An act of God? To this day I wonder, but I get "Deer Fear" at night now.
    I am one of those who have only had one low speed low side in many years of riding. You my friend are a true rider. You were involved in a serious accident through no fault of your own. You suffered with your body, yet you continue to ride. You passed the test. You are a hardcore rider. Many of us would have parked it after such an ordeal. My hats off to you my friend.
    Aurora