Motorcycle removed by Landlord

Thread: Motorcycle removed by Landlord

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Motorcycle removed by Landlord

BBQ, bicycles, motorbike. All personal property. If he didn't have an issue with the previous 2 he shouldn't have one with the 3rd. I would definitely tell him to leave your personal property alone.

Found this site. It may help. http://www.ontariotenants.ca/index.phtml
    Last edited by DJM; 05-07-2012 at 09:37 PM.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

Quote Originally Posted by DJM View Post
    BBQ, bicycles, motorbike. All personal property. If he didn't have an issue with the previous 2 he shouldn't have one with the 3rd. I would definitely tell him to leave your personal property alone.
    This makes sense, but if he doesn't want you storing stuff on his property, he doesn't have to let you. OP, can you reason with your landlord, and let him know it will be plated soon?
    2008 CBR125R
    1986 GS750EF
    1976 RD400 - 1st bike, long gone

It may be his property, but the tenant still has rights. Unless the tenant is breaking City bylaws regarding parking a motorcycle in a back yard he can't say "I don't want a motorcycle on my property". That's discriminatory. I could understand if it was indoors and would fall under fire code.
    Can't we settle this over a pint?

If he's renting the room not the property, I don't think he has much say at all. Renters do have rights that are protected, but they don't extend beyond what is actually being rented.
    2008 CBR125R
    1986 GS750EF
    1976 RD400 - 1st bike, long gone

Quote Originally Posted by dru9 View Post
    If he's renting the room not the property, I don't think he has much say at all. Renters do have rights that are protected, but they don't extend beyond what is actually being rented.
    If landlord is not residing in the house the tenant is renting from that would make the house not his primary residence and I'm not sure if the landlord has a say in what can't go in the backyard as long it's not illegal stuff.

Anyways tell the landlord if the motorcycle goes the rent may be late many times and give him a copy of the tenant act and maybe some articles on tenants not paying their rent.

Quote Originally Posted by dru9 View Post
    ...OP, can you reason with your landlord, and let him know it will be plated soon?
    Seriously, this is the best option. Just talk to him and tell him you're plating it this month and will purchase street parking for the bike. I'm sure he may bicker and grumble but if you tell him your intentions nicely he should leave you alone.