Honda CBR 125 tires

Thread: Honda CBR 125 tires

Honda CBR 125 tires

I got some quotes today for the tires (from Honda). $140 (rear $80; front $60) for the stock Honda tires. $185 for the "after market" tires. (Plus, tax & $140 for labor). The rear one would be bigger, which was highly recommended. (I also need to have the brake fluid bled). Do these numbers seem about right? Should I shop around?

Has anyone changed their rear tire from stock to aftermarket? Would you recommend spending the extra $?

Any input would be greatly appreciated?

TIA
    2007 Honda CBR125r
    Prov. 15:1
    John 8:7

Re: Honda CBR 125 tires

What brand, model, size is the aftermarket?

Unless youre really pushing the bike or dont like something about your current tire, i would stick with oem. On my old 125, i had the pirelli mt75 which were wider buy i didnt find muh of a difference in day to fay riding except they wore out much faster. 5000km vs 10000km

But then again depending on what tire you were quoted on, $40 isnt much more.

Also $140 for labour is a bit much. Most shops change tires for $50 each if the tire is on the bike
    Last edited by Wheelieboy; 05-07-2012 at 06:01 PM.
    Super Sport Touring Ride Reports

Epic Trip from Toronto to California on a 600RR

2007 Honda CBR125R
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    2008 Honda CBR125R (Sold)
    1993 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Talk to Fawaz at Racer5 He has a bloody huge stack of OEM tires at my shop. Some are very new. His school bikes wear Pirelli Supercorsa fronts. The rear is on backwards. They are wider than stock and are a PIA to mount on the skinny CBR wheels. I am sure he would turn a good deal on them.

Daniel at Heritage did my friends CBR 125. He got an upgraded machine just for the 125's tiny rims

I recommend the Pirelli MT45 tires. Night and day difference on my friends wee bee r 125.

-Jamie M.
    Last edited by toysareforboys; 05-08-2012 at 10:49 PM.
    Scarborough group ride 4.0! Every Sunday, 1:30, Timmies at KC!!! Facebook group!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ItIsWhatItIs View Post
    In any case what difference does it make where you reduce the amount of teeth in a sprocket, front or rear? The effect will be the same. Most change the front sprocket because it's easier to source that sprocket. It's apparent, sprockets are not your strong suit.
    ^^^ OMG ROFL!!! ^^^

Dress for the crash, not for the ride...