Tracking the Weather -> Radars

Thread: Tracking the Weather -> Radars

Tracking the Weather -> Radars

I know there's been a few threads on this already, but I thought I'd ask again to see if anyone knows of any websites where you can get more Radar Data.

All of the sites I've been to only give you, like, 1-2 hours worth of previous data. Which is BS because the meterogolgists show data from the past 24 hours+, in order to do their guess during their forecast (which is usually wrong).

Personally, I've been using the gool ol' Weather Network Radar Because theirs has a "slider" to control the radar map, so you can make a better guess as to how/where/when the cloud system is moving. You can also see why their estimates are usually off, because they show you their "best educated guess" in the form of their "PAST+FORECAT" data... Seems like they're using a simple parabolic algorithm to predict the motion, cuz in the past data you see systems appearing/disappearing and changing shape, and in their "prediction" is just moves along a curve

Anyway, some others have posted: Wunderground, Weather by "the man", Find Local Weather and of course Accuweather. Those are mostly all the same (radar wise)...

Are there any sites where you can pay to have access to more radar data? BTW, I think it ain't raining until after rush-hour today (7pm, my guess).

Re: Tracking the Weather -> Radars

ForecastFox add-on for Firefox rules. Other than that, I have created some shortcuts that everyone is welcome to use:

radar.xxc.cc
    satcom.xxc.cc
    forecast.xxc.cc
    weather.xxc.cc

Edit: None of the above use with the "www." prefix. They are meant to be short so they can be quickly entered in the address bar. Besides, I hate redundancy.
    Last edited by Vlad; 05-07-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    NOTE: I don't visit this board frequently and do not accept private messages. You can reach me at GTAmotorcycle[At]aca{dot.}cc

My country is the world and my religion is to do good. - Thomas Paine

Re: Tracking the Weather -> Radars

I use Environment Canada.
    Click on the dot for a close up. You can track the rain from the last hour.
    http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/radar/index_e.html
    New to me for 2012.