Indicated vs Actual Speed

Thread: Indicated vs Actual Speed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Indicated vs Actual Speed

if you're looking at RAM mounts and aren't in a big rush, order them from gpscity.com instead of .ca

it'll ship from the states USPS, but the shipping charges are waaay lower. If you need it asap, the .ca site ships pretty quick, downside is the cost. I needed a small part that was around 8 bucks, and the shipping from .ca was 10. had it shipped from the .com and it was .99 to ship and I got it in a couple weeks.

Radioworld carries RAM as well:
    www.radioworld.ca

Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze View Post
    if you're looking at RAM mounts and aren't in a big rush, order them from gpscity.com instead of .ca

it'll ship from the states USPS, but the shipping charges are waaay lower. If you need it asap, the .ca site ships pretty quick, downside is the cost. I needed a small part that was around 8 bucks, and the shipping from .ca was 10. had it shipped from the .com and it was .99 to ship and I got it in a couple weeks.

I had the same problem, i had a gear change -1f/+1r and it was off by 12%. I purchased a Speedo DRD, very easy to calibrate, very compact (about the size of a quarter) and it is also affordable. and if you go to the states for an extended period of time you can switch the display to MPH from KPH.

http://www.speedodrd.com/
    2002 Yamaha R6
    Americana Soft Seats Costom Gelled Seat
    Hindle Slip-on, K&N Air FilterProton Flush Mount Signals
    Red Rim Stripe
    8k HIDs

+1 on the SpeedoDRD

Two plugs and one button to program.
    I had Johnny install new a chain/sprockets yesterday (-1/+2) and took him a few minutes to program the speedo drd.
    Works Great.
    Last edited by 2live&ride; 05-07-2012 at 03:12 PM.
    Mina

My bike has OEM sprockets and at 128 km/h indicated it is 120 km/h actual speed.
    09' FZ6R

note, some bikes like the BMWs show accurate speeds.

Honda cars just went through a big class action lawsuit over this...they were only off by 3% or so.
    Now that GPS are cheap to have everyone knows how inaccurate their speedos are.

Don't forget, your vehicles warranty is also up 10% faster than it should be as well.

Honda had to reimburse for repairs that happened just after the warranty expired...if you incurred costs etc.