Pro 1 Cycle in Woodbridge - NEVER Bring Your Bike There

Thread: Pro 1 Cycle in Woodbridge - NEVER Bring Your Bike There

Pro 1 Cycle in Woodbridge - NEVER Bring Your Bike There

For any of you who ever consider going to this place DO NOT go. Here is my experience with this place:

I bought a set of Marchesini Rims for my bike and was referred to Pro 1 Cycle from one of the Parts Guys at a Dealer I would rather not mention. He ranted and raved about this guy being amazing and how he used to work at a Ducati Dealership as a mechanic and now opened up his own shop. So I took his word for it and went to get my tires mounted on to the Marchesini's. So when I first got there he said "Ok just leave them here and come back in about 15-20mins" then as I am leaving he asks me which direction the tires go on, which should have been my first sign. Anyhow I went to pick them up and everything was fine no chips or anything. I get home to put them on my bike and the friggen idiot mounted the Rear Tire on backwards, I was so livid and didnt want to go back there but Eff him he should make it right and I didnt know where else to being them. Anyhow so I brough the Rear wheel back to him and he apologized and did it right there on the spot, well guess what......the friggen idiot chipped my rim with the friggen bar then has the nerve to try and deny it. At this point I wanted out of the shop because if I stayed there any longer I would be looking at serious charges because there were some crazy $h!t going through my mind. So as Im leaving the guy offers me a Free Oil Change....ya like I am going to bring my bike there so you can take off my bodywork scratch the crap out of them for a free Oil change, thanks but I will just stick with my losses.

Anyways, not even sure if this goof is still open but if he is dont go there. Spend the extra money in gas or pay a little more and get better service elsewhere like an actual Dealer.

Pro 1 Cycle - Mauro is his name
    http://www.yellowee.com/b/pro-1-cycl...ge-on-93302602

Re: Pro 1 Cycle in Woodbridge - NEVER Bring Your Bike There

Some dumb moves there on his part, but chipping a wheel is pretty well impossible to prevent, just so you know. The only way to be sure of having no chips is to do it by hand with soft inserts and teflon tipped bars - and that's if you have some skill.
    2007.5 Aprilia Tuono 1000R
    2006 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (Street, Many mods)
    2005 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (AM SuperBike)
    2008 Suzuki GSX-R 1000 (CDN SuperBike)
    2008 Kawasaki KX 450F
    http://www.kingstonriders.org/

It is impossible to prevent if you dont know what your doing. I have asked many people after this happening if they have ever had their rims chipped and I have yet to come across someone who has told me yes. He had this brand new machine that had rubber over everything so that it would not scratch rims and ranted about how he has installed a 300 rear tire on rims without scratching them.

Create a Poll about how many people have had their tires changed and ended up with a scratched or chipped rim and you will see the outcome. I may be mistaken but I have not met anyone to date who has had this experience.

There is no excuse for chipping or scratching a rim, its pure carelessness. And don't tell me that a tire machine to do this harmlessly hasn't been invented yet!

I purposely avoided Rosie Toes for my first tire change cause the reputation is that he's just a touch eccentric and I didn't want to take a chance on him. So I pay the extra and go to Z1 in Thornhill and with luck draw the owner to do the work. Then I watched in horror as a steel part (bar) from the tire-extractor thing-a-ma-jig whips across the rear rim scratching it, as the owner says nothing. Not wishing to cause a scene, I left in a quiet rage.

So next tire change I went to Rosie Toes who did it right (carefully with no scratches) for half the price.
    I'm a cowboy, on a steel horse I ride.

Nope I totally agree there is no reason to chip or scratch a rim except for carelessness. I have heard of Rosie Toes being a good place even the BMW dealer in Oakville because they take their time and care about their reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by HarleyHare View Post
    There is no excuse for chipping or scratching a rim, its pure carelessness. And don't tell me that a tire machine to do this harmlessly hasn't been invented yet!

I purposely avoided Rosie Toes for my first tire change cause the reputation is that he's just a touch eccentric and I didn't want to take a chance on him. So I pay the extra and go to Z1 in Thornhill and with luck draw the owner to do the work. Then I watched in horror as a steel part (bar) from the tire-extractor thing-a-ma-jig whips across the rear rim scratching it, as the owner says nothing. Not wishing to cause a scene, I left in a quiet rage.

So next tire change I went to Rosie Toes who did it right (carefully with no scratches) for half the price.
    TED IS THE MAN! z1 told me $80.00 for safety and i would have to ride the bike there. Ted came to my house and safetied the bike for me for the exact same price. Plus he's a great guy and he knows exactly what he's doing.
    If it wasn't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

not opened any more