Close Call Thread

Thread: Close Call Thread

Close Call Thread

Not sure if there is a thread for all close calls... so to kick it off here is my first one of the season

I dropped my Sister off at Queen and Dufferin to pick up her bicycle. I turn around and was heading east on queen. Just before Gwynne Avenue a guy heading the opposite direction signals to turn in at the last second and cuts me off. I slam on my front breaks feel my body move forward and next thing I know I stall and the guy takes off. I managed to stop before contact. I thought about chasing him down, but then realized that riding angry and shaken up isnt a good recipe. I pull onto the sidewalk and just waited to calm down. People came to make sure I was ok, apparently I managed a stoppie with my rear wheel 2 feet of the ground and managed to stabilize myself on the landing.

It took about 10 mins to actually get my heart to slow down. To the **** that cut me off.. go **** yourself you piece of ****. Would have appreciated an apology. COWARD.

http://maps.google.ca/maps?q=1292+Qu...o+M6K&t=m&z=17

Re: Close Call Thread

U mad bro?

He sounds mad bro

and it wasn't even a taxi driver?

i was at dixie and lakeshore heading down dixie riding with my friend...i was in the front.
    white cube van pulls up beside him and pushes him into oncoming traffic, i didnt see what he did and went to pull into the right lane, checked and it was clear, started to move over and he hammed the gas and almost clipped my rear end as he moved over, i swerved back into the other lane.
    we were both fine.. luckily there was no opposing traffic, and we were riding cautiously.
    after he passed us he almost hit 2 other cars.

exact same thing happened to me, cept my front tire kissed his bumper. He pulled a left in front of me where it clearly said no Left turns.
    He turned from black to white. It was pretty funny, guy was terrified. I almost almost freaked out. But realized i pulled a massive stoppie and it prob looks bad ***. So yelled a bit and bounced.

fun day.

Not sure if he could have claimed he "didnt see me". it was a ridiculous move just feet away from me...

damn drivers, when will people pay attention.
    but its our job to end this and ride motorcycles like men...today's society is soft as hell. but riding a 600cc is the least you can do...

Imperialengravers.com --------------
    ------------------------------------
    ---------------------------

Toronto, no suprise to me get used to it man

brave may die, weak never lived at all

i went on a scarborough group ride...meh, too many to cite...

I sold something on Kijiji yesterday so I took my bike to drop it off at the buyer's work place. We said we'd meet in the parking lot since it was at the Airport and I saw him in the parking lot as I pulled in, went to turn towards him, didn't see the collection of sand right there and I spun my rear tire, slid a little bit, ended up honking my horn. The buyer was probably thinking wtf is wrong with this dude?

Ecto • 2006 Honda VeeFourRoad 800A (Pearl Black)
    I'm too sexy for my turban.

A big **** you to the stupid ***** that pulled out of a side street in front of me yesterday. First emergency stop of the season.

2009 Ninja 500r

going southbound on Hwy 10 where it splits off into 410 and Hurontario, sweet asz turn going to Hurontario but a huge dip from the middle to inside of the turn. Fishtailed the hell out of the rear a few weeks ago. dont know how i managed to stay upright.
    still a noob.

Need prescription eyeglasses? contact me.

How about a close call by a fellow rider/dumb***.

Just heading home from a ride heading north on Whites Rd. (pickering) north of Finch following a car doing about 100. There was no one behind me and after a few turns an oppportunity presented it self to pass the car. So, I went to pass and as I was side by side with the car that is went this dumb*** passed me on myleft. He was doing at least 160-180 as i needed to punch it up to 120 to pass the car. btw, this is a singal lane road so if i wasn't as tight as i was to the car I would of been done.

This case of a rider with to much bike and to little between their ears.

Ride more then a day or two and you will have lots of close calls. This thread would be 20 pages by this afternoon.

My close calls are on the highway more then anywhere, where cars feels the needs to "share " a lane with me